Skeet Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Didn't want to thread jack so...

Where do you guys shoot? Do the ranges you go to allow it? Go to friends with large plots of land and bust some clay's out there?

We used to go to my grandmothers house before she died & shoot on the farmer's soybean/cane fields back in the day, but he sold the land & they are breaking up the land and making subdivisions. This is out in Broussard/Youngsville area, so I lost the only place I used to go shoot.

Are there any areas near New Iberia/Lafayette that you can go out to, without paying premium fees? Thanks in advanced!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

Where do you guys shoot? Do the ranges you go to allow it? Go to friends with large plots of land and bust some clay's out there?
    We used to go to my grandmothers house before she died & shoot on the farmer's soybean/cane fields back in the day, but he sold the land & they are breaking up the land and making subdivisions. This is out in Broussard/Youngsville area, so I lost the only place I used to go shoot.

Are there any areas near New Iberia/Lafayette that you can go out to, without paying premium fees? Thanks in advanced!

That's what I do. Tallow creek in covington charges $6 a box to shoot clays. I cant do that on my budget. :D

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    you can go to the range in sherburne. they have a decent setup that is free. only thing is you have to check in with the park ranger and he has to load the machines for you.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    Honey Island in St Tammany has a small spot for it. Don't know what is close to you. I do 99% of my shooting at a buddies house in Carriere, MS. 350 acres of prime hunting and a private range.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Cajun Chuck,
    I'm not sure about your area. There is one close by me but you are expected to join after being a guest more than twice. It's nice though.
    Southern shooting center in Thibodeaux has a nice setup. More sporting clays from what I've seen. They have some night shoots on a weekday.
    A real skeet field is nice. I have had fun with my own thrower though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    I have only been out of state shooting clay a few times and also at a friends camp in LaPlace. I have most recently been to Sherburne and it is a nice place to go, and free. Just make sure you call ahead. Now that I am moving to Lafayette, I am going to be out there shooting clay more often.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge

Lafayette has Wilderness Gun Club. GOL is in Maurice. New Siberia Jeanerette has a clays range, but I can't think of the name right now called Jeanerette Junior Hunter Ed Club. Cajun Elite is in Jennings.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom