Slidell Academy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    These asshats are really pissing me off. The other day I was trying to call in at 7:55 to find out if they had pmags in stock so I could stop by on the way to work after dropping my son off to school.

First call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, immediately hung up without a word

2nd Call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, immediately hung up without a word

Mind you, this is 5 minutes before the store opens so maybe I'm just being an ******* and expecting them to work too hard.

Wait until 8:02 am and call again

Ring, Ring, Ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, set on counter without a word.

Fast forward to today at 1:30pm:

First call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, set on counter without a word

Second Call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, set on counter without a word

Third Call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, set on counter without a word

Fourth Call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, set on counter without a word

Fifth Call: ring, ring, ring, (30 seconds or so), picked up, hung up without a word

Finally call the store and request a manager instead of sporting goods. Tell him I've called 5 times and the last time they just picked up and hung up.

He says, "Oh... what did you need."

I say, "I'm just wondering if you have any pmags."

HE IMMEDIATELY SAYS TO ANOTHER WORKER, "we got any clips?" and then to me, "No we're out."

Indicative to me that he was probably the asshat picking up the phone and hanging up since he was at the gun counter when he picked up the phone. **** service, but I'm stupid for expecting better.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    It's a feeding frenzy. Yes you are expecting too much. There's probably a 100 guys like you trying to call the store at the same time for the same reason. Even if they had them in stock when you called, they would probably be out by the time you made it to the store.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    No guarantee to get you a mag, but do what I did regarding the crappy service. Send a complaint by e-mail on the Academy site. It got quick results in my case, I'm usually one to assume nothing will happen.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?94909-Black-Friday/page4

Posts #59 and #65 of that thread were mine regarding my incident there. The main manager, I think their title is "Store Director", was very helpful. It was the Slidell location about which you are complaining.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    SB, it sounds like it's time for a little intervention. I highly recommend that you DO NOT call ANY Academy for at least the next 48 hours and immediately go to your refrigerator to pop the top on an ice-cold brew. Just doin' my part... :beer:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I guess you didn't like being dismissed.
    Go in and stand at the counter. Call them on you cell when they pick up phone & set it on counter, confront them. Post it later in some drama queen / glamour queen fashion.

pallnet

I like chicken..
    Rating - 50%
    2   2   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Slidell
    I was there this morning in the AM and I talked with an older fella that is working there. He told me that people have been waiting outside before they open the store just to clean them out of ammo and he said he has no clue what is coming in on the truck. He also said that the mags are coming in small supply. I did buy some 9mm there the other day. They had a good bit but most of it was steel cased so I passed on that and bought some brass.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Yeah, on other gun forums people are talking about how customers wait outside all over the country @ academy's until they open, then 30 mins later they are cleaned out.

BTW-I went in the Slidell location last week to return a pair of shoes I got for Christmas and and I have to say; the first thing I thought was; oh my, "I walked into the wrong academy and I am in NOLA east!" Service reflected it too, waited directly in front of 3 "women" who ignored me for at least 5 minutes while they talked about; "dat last F'ng customer who was an ass, girl I broke a nail waiting on dat fool" and if that wasn't enough fun times I walked to the gun section to find almost the same thing except 4 young guys bull shitting about how everyone is bugging them so much with this "gun stuff' and at that point I figured if I can't buy what I need off the internet from academy, I don't need it. :hsugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom