So... Im Fat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Sry guys.. didn't realize this post was still being commented on. To be honest I could be doing better.... i am finding it hard to eat more than a couple of times a day. I did see improvement when i was eating more small meals, i seen my stomach going down and i was feeling better with more energy. I am saving up for an elliptical i should be able to get it next month. Its hard for me to overcome exercising in public. i don't know why, i usually don't care what people think about me but for some reason when i go to exercise i get slef-conscious :( . I have been trying to keep up with my corps daily 7. I guess changing lifestyles is a slow process but I am still trying. I really believe once i get my elliptical i will be able to do more. I'll be able to put my TV on the music channel and go after it. Once i start looking better I'll be able to get into the gym, being fat like i am i just don't feel comfortable working out next to people that are in shape... i know i shouldn't feel like that but i cant help it.. Thanks for the support guys!!

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    Since i have been eating healthier, i find it hard to eat more than 2-3 times a day also...i am just not as hungry...and my meals are not big.....my average caloric intake for the past two weeks have averaged 1927 calories, 48% Carbs, 23% Fat, and 29% percent protein, and have not touched a soft drink, but i did eat 3 weight watchers meals over the weekend night shifts which included whites, two had mashed potatoes and 1 had noodles otherwise no whites....for some reason eating fruit except for breakfast, just does not go down well with me....i tend to want to skip it...i was thinking about substituting it for unsalted nuts or something else (any suggestions).

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Sry guys.. didn't realize this post was still being commented on. To be honest I could be doing better.... i am finding it hard to eat more than a couple of times a day. I did see improvement when i was eating more small meals, i seen my stomach going down and i was feeling better with more energy. I am saving up for an elliptical i should be able to get it next month. Its hard for me to overcome exercising in public. i don't know why, i usually don't care what people think about me but for some reason when i go to exercise i get slef-conscious :( . I have been trying to keep up with my corps daily 7. I guess changing lifestyles is a slow process but I am still trying. I really believe once i get my elliptical i will be able to do more. I'll be able to put my TV on the music channel and go after it. Once i start looking better I'll be able to get into the gym, being fat like i am i just don't feel comfortable working out next to people that are in shape... i know i shouldn't feel like that but i cant help it.. Thanks for the support guys!!

The mind game is understandable and people deal with it every day. However you'd be surprised how many people you motivate by just showing up. People in shape can get motivated by seeing you there every day b/c they know you are doing something about your health, people out of shape will see you and say I'm not alone. Remember that the high majority of folks in there didn't always look like that either. Most were out of shape their first time too ;)

Since i have been eating healthier, i find it hard to eat more than 2-3 times a day also...i am just not as hungry...and my meals are not big.....my average caloric intake for the past two weeks have averaged 1927 calories, 48% Carbs, 23% Fat, and 29% percent protein, and have not touched a soft drink, but i did eat 3 weight watchers meals over the weekend night shifts which included whites, two had mashed potatoes and 1 had noodles otherwise no whites....for some reason eating fruit except for breakfast, just does not go down well with me....i tend to want to skip it...i was thinking about substituting it for unsalted nuts or something else (any suggestions).

You can't really substitute the Nutritional value in Fruits with something else. I suggest getting a good juicer. I LOVE mine and use it almost daily, it's just too easy. Then you can stick the juice in the fridge for later. You should have unsalted nuts in your diet already though.

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Just got home with my Elliptical! its a golds gym stridetrainer 595, the GF and I are putting it together right now :) the cat is going crazy over all the boxes :p

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    just be sure to use it! 6 months from now dont have an inch of dust covering it. My dad lost alot of weight using an elyptical machine, so I know they work. im trying to get into bike riding to lose some tonnage. Running kills my knees so the bike might be a little more enjoyable for me. Think I need a new bike though.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    im not gonna spend that much money on something to not use it. I tried riding bikes but found myself being selfconscious exercising in public

m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    Great job, Clay. You can tell you have lost some weight. Enjoyed seeing you for our anual Mother's Day lunch.

Later, Bro

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Alright, I have had the elliptical for 1 week! I worked out the first day, rested the second day ( very sore). and have worked out every day sence then. The first day killed me, i could get thru about 15 mins before i started wanting to quit, but i pushed it and did the workout ( the elliptical has workouts 1-14 some for weight loss and some for other stuff). the second day was still pretty rough but it was better, and now i breese thru the 30 min workouts and feel like going again when i am done.

my stomach has gone down some, and I have A LOT more energy, idk if its just in my head but i feel much better. My gf wants to kill me because i aggravate her because i have alot of energy.

I have been sticking to 1 workout per day but, yesterday I did 2. I reallly like doing it, IDK why. I am going to stick with 2 workouts for a while. I do a 10min warm up with no resistance on, and then i start the workout, and after i finish i do a 5min cool down of slow walking, then drink a bunch of water. so it is about 45mins total per workout. the elliptical has a cal counter i burn 400 per workout, the most was 501, but i was pushing hard.

It is pretty easy now, and i look forward to my workouts

I have a Question, If i am burning 800 cals in my workout, how many cals should i be eating per day? I am still having trouble eating alot of small meals during the day, but i have been snacking on oranges and celery with veggie dip between meals. I have cut out all soda, and unhealthy snacks. I still drink sweet tea but i have cut down on how much sugar i put in it by half.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    (1) idk if its just in my head but i feel much better.

(2) I have a Question, If i am burning 800 cals in my workout, how many cals should i be eating per day? I am still having trouble eating alot of small meals during the day, but i have been snacking on oranges and celery with veggie dip between meals. I have cut out all soda, and unhealthy snacks. I still drink sweet tea but i have cut down on how much sugar i put in it by half.

(1) It is partially in your head, but that's the point. For starters what you're feeling is a boost in Testosterone. Plus exercise is a huge confidence booster not only by seeing results but by simply accomplishing a daily goal. This since of accomplishment especially in the morning is a sense of self-encouragement. Next you have to realize too that your blood is moving faster inside your body as your heart rate increases. The more you exercise the more fit your HEART becomes and the more efficient your body becomes at delivering blood. (VO2 MAX) Basically the more fit you are the EASIER it is for your body to function not only externally but internally as well. All this can get a super boost with a Healthy Diet.

So naturally since you're starting to clean out your Engine, IT is starting to run more smoothly ;)

(2) First you need to determine your BMR.
    Then using the Harris Benedict Equation you can get a round-about clue as to what your burning.
    *NOTE* The tricky part comes when a person is overweight, just how many calories is sufficient because your body will also be pulling calories from stored energy(fat) during exercise therefore it could affect your caloric intake numbers by decreasing the amount needed. This is why it's good to talk to a Nutritionist. Someone who can monitor your stats for a week or two and help figure it out with you. No matter what, I never recommend for any (Overweight ADULT) to drop below 1800 Calories. Even that can be LOW but it all depends on how overweight someone is. On top of that I'm not talking 1800 Calories of JUNK I’m talking 1800 calories of a balanced Diet. It's hard to give proper advice not knowing personal stats so just bare with me. :D

Either way you're doing great. You're doing something that the vast majority of Americans today are not doing. You're taking care of your health and refusing to conform to the World. GOOD FOR YOU!

Do not QUIT!

Last edited:

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    good info.. thanks.. and im deff not gonna quit. I need to be healthy

Two weeks later, where are you with your program blackbolts? also, watch that veggies dip. be sure to lower bad fats and cholesterol in your diet. hitman's right with the balanced diet. not to hijack the thread, but I think I'm just shy of taking in 1500 cal/day, sometimes I hit 1200. I need to double-up somewhere in my healthy snacks or add egg whites to my breakfast regime as I eat 5-6 times per day. So far I'm down 27 pounds in 78 days (11 weeks) of p90x.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Doing pretty good. Stamina is way up, 30min on the elliptical feels like nothing now, I have kicked my workouts up 45min to 1hr 2 times a day. I am eating alot of baked chicken breast and steemed veggies. I'll switch out fish for the chicken acouple times a week, small portion, maybe 4oz of chicken and lots of veggies. I am down to drinking nothing but poweraid and water. I have not been drinking any sweet tea. Next month I am going to go get some free weights and start incorporating upperbody workout with the elliptical. I guess I am looking thinner. Have not seen my sister in a month or so, seen her then other day and she mentioned that i looked slimmer. My stomach has gone down, clothes fit better, pants a bit loser, more defination in my legs. I feel alot better and have more energy through out the day. I look forward to my workouts now, it feels good to do them. Still going strong and its been about a month

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    OH and next month im prolly gonna try out p90x. My GF wants to do it, so I figure I'll do it with her... got plenty of them on Craigslist,,, imma go pick one of them up

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Sweet!! Good to hear the changes in diet, liquid consumption, etc. Good to hear that you're going to incorporate weights in your program as well. I'm sure it was mentioned several times in this thread that muscle burns more fat for longer, even while at rest. I saw your post for p90x, just be careful with the weights and your back issues.
    Great job, keep working, and keep those measurements.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Alright, a lil over a month in. I just finished 2 miles on 3ed resistance level in 27:32. Just measuered myself again and heres the results

Before I started working out

Chest: 50 1/2
    Right arm 16
    Left arm 16
    Waist 53
    Hips 44 1/2
    Left Thigh 27
    Right Thigh 27

Today

Chest 50
    L. Arm 16
    R. Arm 16
    waist 52 1/2
    hips 43 1/4
    L. Thigh 25 3/4
    R. Thigh 25 3/4

Not much improvement but its something. Not sure about my weight, Im going to the DR. in a couple weeks i'll get my start weight and my now weight then. alot of improvement in thigh's ... guess because thats all the elliptical really works. I'll be getting free weights and p90x soon

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Some of the above advice is dangerous.

Drink water to quench thirst and prevent dehydration. One gallon per day may be too much under some circumstances.

Stay far away from protein powder and anything resembling "GNC".

Bicycling is a good idea if one follows the safety rules and rides in safe areas.

Look to LSU's Pennington Center for dietary advice; not here or at any "health foods" store !

Just because something "works", it doesn't mean that it is good for you long-term or that the results will last.

Good Luck,

leVieux

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Some of the above advice is dangerous.

Drink water to quench thirst and prevent dehydration. One gallon per day may be too much under some circumstances.

Stay far away from protein powder and anything resembling "GNC".

Look to LSU's Pennington Center for dietary advice; not here

Well don't leave us hanging. What is this supposed dangerous information.

It's summer and he's working out an hour a day. He's also overweight. 1 Gallon a day MIGHT be enough.

I'd also like to hear why you think Protein Powder and all other Supplements are to be avoided. he surely doesn't plan on taking supplements for the rest of his life. It's a supplement(temporary).

I also am a little taken back that you tell him NOT to look to here for Dietary advice. I'm fairly certain I've not contradicted any such traditional dietary advice. I also am pretty current on Diet and Fitness so your post is a little shocking to hear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom