So, my day went downhill...*Update post 29*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Nah, I'm good. My house predates electrical service in the area, so it's easier to keep cool(ish) than newer houses. Besides that, honestly, I've worked outdoors in all weather long enough that I'm kind of used to it. I keep the thermostat set to 84 in the summer and 50 in the winter.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Well like I said before you need help with anything let me know, and if you know anyone that needs to make some extra money willing to move a ton of limbs and a cut up tree out of the yard to the street give me their number I'm dreading the clean up. I don't mind the repair work but I hate yard work. Lol

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    If you turn on cryer from cypress it's the first house on the right. the tenant probably won't even know your there, even if you pull in the driveway. I was running chainsaws and hammering on the roof all morning and he had no idea I was even working on it....

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    There's a bunch of stuff already by the side of the road. Do you think your tenant might have started on it himself? Also, is the stuff in the front yard all of it or is there more around back?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I started moving some of yesterday, the tenant isn't doing it, that pile in the front yard and then there's some around the side and the back of the house all the big heavy pieces have been cut up to moveable pieces.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I finally got my power back on today. About 2 weeks of the delay was trying to find a roofer or contractor to do the repairs. I called every roofer in both Monroe and West Monroe in the phone book. Only 4 were willing to come give estimates. Two of them said it would be several more weeks before they could start, and gave estimates for $2600 and $3000 for both roof and electrical repairs. One gave an estimate on just the roofing at $1600. The fourth didn't even want the job, but he gave me contact info for a construction contractor, Daniel. Daniel gave me an estimate of $2150 for the whole package done by August 7th (he did get done with his part on time). The city code inspector came out Wednesday and gave the OK for power to be reconnected. Daniel called Entergy and was told they would send someone out to install the new meter and reconnect power. Wednesday evening he called to check with me, found out that the power still hadn't been connected, and called Entergy back. Thursday, no power, he called again. Today, Friday, I decided to call the 800 number on my bill and chew some ass around 3pm. By 4pm the meter was installed and power restored.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Good to hear you have power again...

My dad had a limb from a neighbors tree fall and rip all of the power out the side of his house. Even damaged the inside breaker box. They turned the power off at the pole and left us alone while we fixed it. Took us a few hours, and another call and they came by and hooked the wires back up and dad was back in business. I did hear about that "licensed electrician" part, but all we did was reattach the boxes/conduits to the wall and put all of the wires back where they came from. Not rocket science. Plus dad wired about 75% of his new house a few years ago after the "licensed electrican (with a real live mullet)" decided to ditch out on him. Dad is getting close to 70 now, and he is from that time in history when men just went out a did stuff. They did not "try" to do stuff, they just had that "can do" attitude. The soft handed paper pushers these days have no idea what that means.

I applaud all of you guys that are not afraid to get to it and do work yourself. i have always enjoyed the satisifaction of working hard and achieving a result, be it a repair or a new project.

Dad and I will be doing a few bathroom remodels this winter in my new house. Moving walls, plumbing, electrical, the whole 9 yards. The only thing I sub out is flooring, as my good friend is an expert at it, and I hate kneeling!!!

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Good to hear you have power again...

My dad had a limb from a neighbors tree fall and rip all of the power out the side of his house. Even damaged the inside breaker box. They turned the power off at the pole and left us alone while we fixed it. Took us a few hours, and another call and they came by and hooked the wires back up and dad was back in business. I did hear about that "licensed electrician" part, but all we did was reattach the boxes/conduits to the wall and put all of the wires back where they came from. Not rocket science. Plus dad wired about 75% of his new house a few years ago after the "licensed electrican (with a real live mullet)" decided to ditch out on him. Dad is getting close to 70 now, and he is from that time in history when men just went out a did stuff. They did not "try" to do stuff, they just had that "can do" attitude. The soft handed paper pushers these days have no idea what that means.

I applaud all of you guys that are not afraid to get to it and do work yourself. i have always enjoyed the satisifaction of working hard and achieving a result, be it a repair or a new project.

Dad and I will be doing a few bathroom remodels this winter in my new house. Moving walls, plumbing, electrical, the whole 9 yards. The only thing I sub out is flooring, as my good friend is an expert at it, and I hate kneeling!!!

Unfortunately here in West Monroe Entergy will not reconnect the power unless the city inspector approves it and files their paperwork, and that isn't happening unless a licensed electrician does the work. West Monroe has a lot of laws and city codes that were written strictly for the financial benefit of certain professions. Outside the city limits you can do it yourself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom