So...what happened?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just do what makes you happy man, Don't look for advice here bc ALL you will hear is negative about how great they are and how shitty you are. Got a lot of useless advice here, people trying to inflate their ego's by pointing out stuff about people they have no clue about(certain people, not all). Enjoy life, it's full of rewards.

I think someone is still sore about the seatbelt thread...

JWG, I don't think you are doom and gloom, you aren't that dramatic and I don't see you worrying about the sky falling, I just think you're a mopey person. Winter in east Texas isn't bad, no heater in central Virginia SUCKS.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just do what makes you happy man, Don't look for advice here bc ALL you will hear is negative about how great they are and how shitty you are. Got a lot of useless advice here, people trying to inflate their ego's by pointing out stuff about people they have no clue about(certain people, not all). Enjoy life, it's full of rewards.

:rofl:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

JWG, I don't think you are doom and gloom, you aren't that dramatic and I don't see you worrying about the sky falling, I just think you're a mopey person. Winter in east Texas isn't bad, no heater in central Virginia SUCKS.

I really don't feel mopey. Maybe I come across that way and need to fix it, but moping isn't my style. Lots of people on here have told me "Do something". Well, I am. Every single thing I am not 100% happy with, I am working tangibly to change, and I am enjoying what I do enjoy. Just don't really feel mopey, personally.

No doubt! Heat was never an issue, though, for me. There were trees...and they were made of wood...

I think the only thing I disliked was lack of hot water. My girlfriend at the time was remarkably resilient about that.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well, if you aren't mopey and a good number of people here think you are, I'd say you coming off that way would be a good bet.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles

It's obvious that you just troll threads waiting for someone's reaction. Your opinion is null and void as far as im concerned as well as a bunch of other people on here, troll on my friend.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well, if you aren't mopey and a good number of people here think you are, I'd say you coming off that way would be a good bet.

Well damn. I need to make it a point to meet more of you, then. I'm only mopey when I sling soap on those nails hanging in my shower and screw up my latest CLP test.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Another theory for you. The Laws of Darwin has been circumvented by the government. Educated people are having fewer children because they are so expensive. Uneducated people are having more because they are subsidized by the educated working people. In nature the stupid, slow, and lazy were weeded out by nature and died. No more. The government feeds, houses, and provides health care to them now. At the expense of the educated working population which are having fewer children because they pay for everyone's folly. It's just a theory but seems top be holding true.

The circumvention began with Johnson's great society. All manner of today's social ills can be trace back to that point in time.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's obvious that you just troll threads waiting for someone's reaction. Your opinion is null and void as far as im concerned as well as a bunch of other people on here, troll on my friend.

It is obvious that you aren't happy here, you posted : Don't look for advice here bc ALL you will hear is negative about how great they are and how shitty you are. Got a lot of useless advice here, people trying to inflate their ego's by pointing out stuff about people they have no clue about(certain people, not all).

If all you hear here is negative advice and people telling you how shitty you are, perhaps you should go somewhere else. Instead of taking the reasonable action(leaving if you aren't happy), you posted an incredibly negative post, to complain about negative posting. Let that sink in.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is obvious that you aren't happy here, you posted : Don't look for advice here bc ALL you will hear is negative about how great they are and how shitty you are. Got a lot of useless advice here, people trying to inflate their ego's by pointing out stuff about people they have no clue about(certain people, not all).

If all you hear here is negative advice and people telling you how shitty you are, perhaps you should go somewhere else. Instead of taking the reasonable action(leaving if you aren't happy), you posted an incredibly negative post, to complain about negative posting. Let that sink in.

:rofl:

Trying to rack up another notch on your belt, eh? :mamoru:

You keep this up and you will take JR's sig line from Hunh Bruh. Well, then again; maybe not! :p

Last edited:

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles

Well since you aren't the "voice" of bayoushooter, I'll do what i damn well please and say what i want, just like yourself. I'm a very nice guy, but it gives me great pleasure to call you out as the poor, self righteous, disgusting fat body that you are, Mr. Ammann. Don't take the internet too seriously, you might hurt yourself. The degrading of others you do on this site is just exposing the character of the child you are that needs attention, only to bring up his deflated sense of importance. It's not needed.

And to the other gentleman,
    Have a good day, and good shooting

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well since you aren't the "voice" of bayoushooter, I'll do what i damn well please and say what i want, just like yourself. I'm a very nice guy, but it gives me great pleasure to call you out as the poor, self righteous, disgusting fat body that you are, Mr. Ammann. Don't take the internet too seriously, you might hurt yourself. The degrading of others you do on this site is just exposing the character of the child you are that needs attention, only to bring up his deflated sense of importance. It's not needed.

And to the other gentleman,
    Have a good day, and good shooting

And there lies the dillusion. You seem to think I am trying to tell you what you can and can't do. I am not. You also seem to think that I am the one taking this seriously while you angrily pound at your keyboard after making yet another account.

Emperor, this wouldn't be another notch, just a re scratch of an old one. On an unrelated note, hoghunter is still looking for male companionship.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    And there lies the dillusion. You seem to think I am trying to tell you what you can and can't do. I am not. You also seem to think that I am the one taking this seriously while you angrily pound at your keyboard after making yet another account.

Emperor, this wouldn't be another notch, just a re scratch of an old one. On an unrelated note, hoghunter is still looking for male companionship.
    Here we go assuming again....You don't really think that someone on the internet is going to make me mad? C'mon dude, give it up, youve been had. Congrats, you win the internet today.
    "Now go home and get your ****in shinebox"

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Amen.

As for the gadgets- the things we have today really make you wonder what the future will bring. Growing up in the days when devices were dinosaurs by comparison, I know it makes me, anyway....:dogkeke:

I'll be the first one on my block with a starship Enterprise replicator.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I dont think anything "happened", per se.

I remember growing up in the 70's. No cable TV. Hell, we didnt even have TV's with a remote. No IPhones, no internet. Cars were "death traps" by todays standards. Video games consisted of going to the arcade and hanging with your friends. I remember being happy.

Then came the 80's. We had cable! No internet though. Cars were getting safer. We got the Atari 2600! I remember being happy.

The 90's. Good times! Cable for everyone! Internet too. Game systems abound. Cell phones that actually would fit in your pocket (if your pocket was big enough). But dont "roam", that costs extra. I remember being happy.

The 2000's. High speed internet. Yipee, no waiting for por.....uh, I mean....never mind. Cell phones for everyone, even kids. Cars are safer to drive. I remember being happy.

Now there is today. I can surf the web on my IPhone. Get any information I want at the touch of my fingertips, anywhere. Netflix, Hulu, internet TV.... I can watch anything I want any time I want. My kids can research things on the internet that I had to go to the library and research for hours. And you know what, I'm still happy.

Being happy isnt about when or where. Its just the way you are.

Bravo.

People should just STFU and be happy instead of treating happiness as some commercialized goal one achieves by virtue of having enough ****.

I've been sad. I'm human. I'm mostly happy.

We live in an amazing world and the solution to everything is the same. Just do it (Stealing from Nike) is the solution to unhappiness, poverty, crime, drugs, obesity, and just about every vice imaginable.

I'm guilty of not exercising as much as I should while eating too much and that's pretty much my sole source for unhappiness.

If people just stopped feeling sorry for themselves and blaming others for their lives, there would be a massive societal turnaround.

Change is not something that a country or society can do, it's limited to the individual. When enough individuals change one way or the other, that is perceived as societal change.

Right now things are going the wrong way. People are blaming others more than themselves and therefore not invoking the needed changes in their lives.

Journalism, public relations, propaganda, and the current educational system (to a lesser extent) have created this phenomenon of self-fullness.

Once PR firms realized they could control people's actions through media bombardment, the fix was in and every politician preaching change would rather rule a discontent and segregated populous than a happy integrated one.

We have the natural human desire to not want our situation to be our fault coupled with PR, advertisers, marketers, government, an corporations telling us its not our fault. Someone did this to you. Just buy this car or vote for me and it will be all better.

They don't have power over the truly happy and content among us. That scares them.

So, do like Bobby McFerrin and "Don't worry. Be happy" while becoming that better person. Vote for the right people. Buy the right products. Think for yourself (yes I realize the idiocy of making this statement). Only you can do it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Bravo.

People should just STFU and be happy instead of treating happiness as some commercialized goal one achieves by virtue of having enough ****.

I've been sad. I'm human. I'm mostly happy.

We live in an amazing world and the solution to everything is the same. Just do it (Stealing from Nike) is the solution to unhappiness, poverty, crime, drugs, obesity, and just about every vice imaginable.

I'm guilty of not exercising as much as I should while eating too much and that's pretty much my sole source for unhappiness.

If people just stopped feeling sorry for themselves and blaming others for their lives, there would be a massive societal turnaround.

Change is not something that a country or society can do, it's limited to the individual. When enough individuals change one way or the other, that is perceived as societal change.

Right now things are going the wrong way. People are blaming others more than themselves and therefore not invoking the needed changes in their lives.

Journalism, public relations, propaganda, and the current educational system (to a lesser extent) have created this phenomenon of self-fullness.

Once PR firms realized they could control people's actions through media bombardment, the fix was in and every politician preaching change would rather rule a discontent and segregated populous than a happy integrated one.

We have the natural human desire to not want our situation to be our fault coupled with PR, advertisers, marketers, government, an corporations telling us its not our fault. Someone did this to you. Just buy this car or vote for me and it will be all better.

They don't have power over the truly happy and content among us. That scares them.

So, do like Bobby McFerrin and "Don't worry. Be happy" while becoming that better person. Vote for the right people. Buy the right products. Think for yourself (yes I realize the idiocy of making this statement). Only you can do it.

Fully agree. Always trying to better myself. Today that meant after a long 12 hour shift and having to code a patient and doing about 6-8 minutes of compressions straight (seemed like an hour...), I still dragged into the gym, and had a respectable leg day, and am about to run my 5 miles before bed. It's all about motivation and "making it happen"!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    jy4f534zul6b6ou2wh6r.jpg

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    JWG,

I hear alot of what your saying and absolutely relate. I think back to an earlier time when things were, or seemed to be better and just want to return to it. Memories of living out in the country with my grandparents and having a simpler life it what's driving me today, so much so, that I've taken huge steps to get my family to move to Shreveport. But is that going to give me the comfort and peace that I'm looking for, or was it my outlook on things and my circumstance all along? Nobody should tell you to STFU and just be happy, a rational person can determine what they like or don't like and if it makes them happy or not. Life is a day by day process and while its good to have goals for the future and for change, its also good to find the positives in your day no matter how crappy. When I get too crabby, the wife asks me to name three things I'm thankful for and it pretty much shuts me up. (by quick change of outlook.)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom