*SOLD* FS: Red Jacket Bulgy AK 5.45 *SOLD*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I gonna have to say it's too high of a price for this economy. Back in the begining of this year you could have sold this gun at that price, but now prices are coming down and people just don't want to spend any extra money right now.

It's a beautiful rifle, if I had the funds I would have bought it when you first put the ad up.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    thats what I was saying about times being tough. But as far as prices coming down yea you can get a cheaply made 5.45 ak for about $500 but to get a well built ak ur gonna have to pay. And this is a well built AK

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    List it on the Akfiles, it will sell at your price.

Remember you got a high dollar ak, and the market for that is limited. The akfiles members will appreciate it more for what it is.

Last edited:

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, the economy is bad, so I figured people's lack of funds has a lot to do with it. The economy itself is not going to influence my pricing though, as it has nothing to do with what my rifle is actually worth; it just means people don't have the money to afford it.

At the peak of the Obama panic I'm sure I could've gotten more than this for it, this is a fair price (IMO) regardless of the timing. I'm not selling it out of necessity, I'm not hard up for money or anything, I just don't have the budget to keep up more than a few calibers, or to stock up on 5.45 as I'd like to.

I also realize that high-end AKs are something of a niche item. Not everyone is willing to pay this much for "just an AK". Of course AK fans who know better can tell you that the differences are readily apparent, especially comparing a Red Jacket AK to a cobbled-together Century AK.

At the same time, I'm trying to save myself some hassle and sell it locally without having to ship it, etc. So a lot of the reason I still have it is my own fault for not really putting it out there.

I don't feel the need to sign up for any new forums; I don't post much on the forums I do visit (I'm more of just a reader, I like to absorb new info), but if anyone is a member on the AKFiles or anything similar, please spread the word to anyone who may be local to me. Your help would be greatly appreciated, and you can send them the link to this thread where they can get my email address.

Either way, thanks for your opinions guys, I appreciate the suggestions and advice.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Back from the dead. Thought I had someone interested, but I'm guessing not because of a lack of communication, (thanks to asianak for trying to help me sell it).

So it's still available, Jesus H. Christ someone buy this thing, lol. Make me an offer, but at this point the trades are pretty much out the window, really just looking for cash.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem is I'd like to sell it locally, plus I can barely keep up with the forums I'm on now, so I don't wanna sign up for any others. :D

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom