Some interesting statistics.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    From a popular YouTuber in the gun community.

The states of Wisconsin, Michigan, West Viginia, and Penn's Woods all have a very large number of hunters. Because this board is based in Louisiana, let's add her in.
    You may not know exactly how many.

WISCONSIN: 600,000 plus in the last several months!

PENNSYLVANIA: 750,000

MICHIGAN: 700,000

WEST VIRGINIA: 250,000

LOUISIANA: 314,846

That makes for a grand total of 2,614,846!

THAT IS JUST FIVE STATES!

This does not include the other forty-five, or the shooting public that does not hunt.

Invdaders, foreign and domestic, beware.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks! 314,846 in LA. We have more hunters here than the entire army of the Czech Republic or Australia. Intriguing tidbit: Brazil and Cuba have more than a million men in reserve.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks! 314,846 in LA. We have more hunters here than the entire army of the Czech Republic or Australia. Intriguing tidbit: Brazil and Cuba have more than a million men in reserve.

The Czech Republic only spends 1.1% of their GDP on the military. They are fond of firearms though.

Unlike most European countries where permits to carry a concealed weapon is only issued to individuals who demonstrate a specific reason, in the Czech Republic it is a common part of the citizen's right to own guns and every holder of the category E license is allowed to carry a concealed weapon after the formal approval is given (no justification is needed). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Czech_Republic

As for Austrailia:

Currently, about 5.2% of Australian adults (765,000 people)[1] own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, and target shooting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    The google-fu is strong with this one!

Prescicely why I mentioned the Aussies and the beautiful Czech Republic. CZ75 anybody? :thumbsup:

Iceland could be taken so many ways to Sunday that it's not even funny! Then again, what'd does Iceland have of any strategic value?
    And yeah cher, no seafood, no go.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I see. Seabee and others are correct, but it seems intersting that we have that many hunters, but few who will take up those arms to defend our liberties.

I don't think it's a lack of motivation to defend. More like anyone gathering and discussing armed resistance will be the proud new owner of an FBI file. We may already be legislated into irrelevance.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    I see. Seabee and others are correct, but it seems intersting that we have that many hunters, but few who will take up those arms to defend our liberties.

why? 3% of the population fought the revolutionary war. and the MINORITY was for independence.
    people to day don't do anything but talk tough. and would only fight if there was no personal risk.

33% of the country was involved in the civil war. again, a minority. apparently people forget history

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    why? 3% of the population fought the revolutionary war. and the MINORITY was for independence.
    people to day don't do anything but talk tough. and would only fight if there was no personal risk.

33% of the country was involved in the civil war. again, a minority. apparently people forget history

How many supported the war efforts, but did not fight? How much of the total money was used? Just curious.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Don't forget that there are lots of LA hunters that only hunt in MS, AL, or TX and don't buy LA licenses.

Also, there are lots of hunters that hunt their own land or family land and don't bother buying licenses... :(

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Why did the Nazis disarm the people of Germany?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The same reason every other dictatorial government throughout history disarmed their populations?

Do you think they saw guns in the hands of the people as a "complication"? I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom