Speeding at night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Nope. They don't work at night. It's because of the heat coming off the hot asphalt from the day. It interferes with the reading. Honestly they make you think it does, but the cops are just bullshitting you man. Run like hell and tell 'em to **** up a rope, you know better and they don't have crap to prove you were speeding.

Let us know how it goes.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Can you listen to your radio at night? What about your phone does it work at night? Do you have anything that works off a power source other than solar that sends/receives some sort of radio wave or uses any antenna for that matter that works at night? Use your brain God gave it to you for a reason.

When your brain fails you, you always have google

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wait- YOU MEAN they've started putting LED lights on radar guns now for nighttime use?!?

DAMN!! :curse:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Does your Mom's car have the Radar cloaking option?

Your mom Might have gotten the Radar Cloaking device on her car. If you see a button with a triangle shaped symbol, it has it. When you want to speed at night push that button( you'll know it's working because the taillights will start flashing). Then you can open it up and the cop's radar won't be able to pick you up.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Your mom Might have gotten the Radar Cloaking device on her car. If you see a button with a triangle shaped symbol, it has it. When you want to speed at night push that button( you'll know it's working because the taillights will start flashing). Then you can open it up and the cop's radar won't be able to pick you up.

Luckily, this will be standard by 2016. :bravo:

Fluffy2022

Border hopper stopper
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Hammond
    THE TRUE RADAR GHOST!!!!!!!! LOL

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    One day you'll learn that the majority of events you drive to are not important enough to require speeding. I used to drive fast all the time and now I just hit cruise control and relax, we'll get there eventually.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You can see lidar on a camera though!

Lidar at night doesn't work as well because the headlights generate interference. Btw, officers <3 chrome plated cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you are right. I just cannt recall learning that when I went to get certified to be a radar/LIDAR instructor.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Amazing thread.

But I must say I've never seen LIDAR at night.

Lidar is usually aimed at the headlight area or the license plate area. Plates are priority, then the headlight. Headlights don't mess with Lidar, or if they do, the police didn't get that memo, because they pull plenty of people over who run their headlights during the day off a headlight Lidar hit. But certainly it is hard to accurately hit a plate if you can't see it (dark out...). Lidar isn't the shotgun the 35.5 and the like is, either. Probably just more of a pain to aim at night.

Want to hide from Lidar?

Get a jammer. It's illegal, but so is speeding. Next best thing? Drive a dark car that has no front plates, minimal metal up front, and some angles to it. The smaller the front cross-section, the better.

Or just don't speed. Lidar is nasty, and it's hard to mess with, and it's a much more "iron clad" deal than a radar ticket. When I was down in S. LA, I just kept to the speed-limit. Those people down there use Lidar, and you won't know it unless they tag you. Jammers are the only way, and that's about $1500 for a clean install. To me, past the point of diminishing returns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom