Squirrels,suppressed.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Was able to slip in the woods this morning with the CZ and procure a few squirrels. The can definitely gives you an advantage, especially if you need a second shot. Gotta head to work now, the bees wait on no one.
    b56b30ae1f1a4334b5515863a33a3f26.jpg

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The absolute most fun I have ever had hunting was slow stalking squirrels with a .22 rifle. Not the least fun, but down there, was when I decided to try hunting squirrels with an AMT 8" .22 pistol and 2x scope. Only did that once, got three, but that was too much sugar for a nickel.

Wish I had the suppressor back then and could use a regular rifle. We used CB caps in the back of the neighborhood for squirrels, and being close enough to suppressed, I know it absolutely does make a difference. Especially when you have a single shot and need to manually reload between shots.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Oculus by Rugged Supressor. The whole setup is a little heavy, but shoots awesome and way better than me. My 10/22 set up with work from CPC is a way better woods gun, but it’s not threaded. I’m working on a new project so hopefully I’ll be squared up for next year.
    Nicely done. Your setup looks identical to mine. I have several .22 cans but don’t recognize yours.

Bruh, I can help give those things a good flogging for you?
    The burning Cypress tree, close or no?
    Don’t know anything about a burning cypress tree. Tell me more!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Oculus by Rugged Supressor. The whole setup is a little heavy, but shoots awesome and way better than me. My 10/22 set up with work from CPC is a way better woods gun, but it’s not threaded. I’m working on a new project so hopefully I’ll be squared up for next year.

Don’t know anything about a burning cypress tree. Tell me more!
    Here, I hope none of the squirrel's were up this tree?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    We had one of our largest live oaks hit by lightning about 2 weeks ago at our farm. The tree is way over 100 years old, prolly close to 200. This beauty is on the banks of the old Bayou Goula. This bayou at one time was connected to the Mississippi River. Now it’s basically a road side ditch. Hard to believe that boats travelled up and down this bayou. The Bayou Goula Indians used it also when they inhabited this area. Would love to go back about 150 years to this exact area and just sit for a day and see what passes by.
    daacef07149fe02d6a0b1b758a8fd544.jpg

b2819327a97fd4ce64366d85d675008e.jpg

793d57b67639601fa99bf2f4ef461c72.jpg

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    How do you like that Ruger American? I’ve been wanting one for a long time as I can share the magazines with my 10/22. I’m always looking for deal so I have not procured one yet, but when I see what my feeble mind thinks is a good deal I’ll grab one. I’m a big Ruger fan and have enjoyed everyone I’ve owned.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My CZ in the pic is the first one I owned and it is a very very accurate rifle. The only thing I would do different is buy one with a regular wood stock, as the weight on this rifle is too heavy to be walking the wood with. I’ve looked at changing the stock out but a factory replacement is not cheap.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    That tree has been struck before, by the looks of it. I wouldn't say that it's dead-dead yet, and it will have some more cool scars at the very least. I'm very happy to see Red Squirrels at your hunting spot. They are slowly being driven to extinction by the Grey Squirrel, most noticeably in urban areas.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    We had one of our largest live oaks hit by lightning about 2 weeks ago at our farm. The tree is way over 100 years old, prolly close to 200. This beauty is on the banks of the old Bayou Goula. This bayou at one time was connected to the Mississippi River. Now it’s basically a road side ditch. Hard to believe that boats travelled up and down this bayou. The Bayou Goula Indians used it also when they inhabited this area. Would love to go back about 150 years to this exact area and just sit for a day and see what passes by.
    daacef07149fe02d6a0b1b758a8fd544.jpg

b2819327a97fd4ce64366d85d675008e.jpg

793d57b67639601fa99bf2f4ef461c72.jpg
    You do know the Indians in that area were cannibals back then unless you were their friend?
    But then again no one was their friend.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    How do you like that Ruger American? I’ve been wanting one for a long time as I can share the magazines with my 10/22. I’m always looking for deal so I have not procured one yet, but when I see what my feeble mind thinks is a good deal I’ll grab one. I’m a big Ruger fan and have enjoyed everyone I’ve owned.
    I bought it on a whim to be honest. I’ve been super happy with my CZ and the old Norinco JW15 (CZ clone) but didn’t have anything threaded. I put a big scope on it and found its favorite load (CCI Standard). It does actually shoot through the same hole at 150 feet and all you hear is the very loud “ping” of the firing pin. Nice accutrigger was a plus. Overall it’s a quality rifle in a cheap stock, (barrel is actually floating) but it’s a .22 after all.

The Norinco got a bob job a couple years back. Lost 4 inches and got threaded and still lobs those 60gr Aguilas with precision due to the faster twist. Another eyeball puncher. Still my favorite squirrel getter but I can never seem to pry it out of Jr’s paws.

Attachments

• IMG_3030.png
      IMG_3030.png
      3.5 MB · Views: 29
    Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom