Squirrels,suppressed.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    What scopes are you guys running for squirrels? I'm setting up a 10/22 with a SBX 12.5 barrel and suppressor and need an optic. Probably going to run some subsonic ammo or at least slower moving.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’m running a Leopold Freedom Rimfire. I think it’s a 2-7 power. It does have an adjustable parralex on it. I usually leave it on 25 yds. It’s a great scope and plenty enough to shoot a squirrel in the eye. I don’t know if they make this model anymore but they make something close to this.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    What scopes are you guys running for squirrels? I'm setting up a 10/22 with a SBX 12.5 barrel and suppressor and need an optic. Probably going to run some subsonic ammo or at least slower moving.
    A SIMMONS 22MAG 3-9X has been sitting on my Marlin 60 for years and dang good scope, clear, holds zero and inexpensive. IIRC paid less that $40 on MidwayUSA for it.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    So I picked up a Vortex Sonora from PSA and was gonna try that. I used to run a Mueller APV and had a spare but can't find it. I just didn't know if ones that said rimfre might have better hold overs or cross hairs

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Adjustable parallax is probably the most important feature for this situation, and many if not all scopes listed as "rimfire" will have that. I have a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 on a competition 22 that works great. It gets you that crisp focus at as little as 10 yards, where most regular hunting scopes are fixed focus at 100 or so yards.

My hunting rifle has a 35ish year old 2-7x32 RWS pellet gun scope on it with adjustable parallax.

You probably do not need hold over marks on the crosshairs for squirrel hunting. You will be all but flat shooting to 50 yards and around 1.5" to 2" under at 100y if sighted at 50y with standard velocity rounds.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    Adjustable parallax is probably the most important feature for this situation, and many if not all scopes listed as "rimfire" will have that. I have a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 on a competition 22 that works great. It gets you that crisp focus at as little as 10 yards, where most regular hunting scopes are fixed focus at 100 or so yards.

My hunting rifle has a 35ish year old 2-7x32 RWS pellet gun scope on it with adjustable parallax.

You probably do not need hold over marks on the crosshairs for squirrel hunting. You will be all but flat shooting to 50 yards and around 1.5" to 2" under at 100y if sighted at 50y with standard velocity rounds.
    I've got a mid to late 80s RWS Diana break action spring .177 upstairs that was my hunting rig for a while.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Nikon 4–12x40 rimfire on my American.
    The Vortex Sonora 4-12x40 is a great option for the price point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom