St.Tammany Fracking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Anybody in St Tam use fertilizer, roundup, pesticides?

All worse on the environment than frack water. These go straight into the aquifer.

What most of us do to our yards is worse than fracking.

There is tons of ignorance in this thread. People, like me, in the business are attempting to enlighten.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell

All worse on the environment than frack water. These go straight into the aquifer.

There is tons of ignorance in this thread. People, like me, in the business are attempting to enlighten.

Maybe the fracking fluid is perfectly drinkable and non toxic. What will be extracted and travelling through the pipe directly through the aquifer isn't.

Now, we all know there are never any problems when it comes to the petroleum industry. Still, we'd rather be safe and not play around with our drinking water.

Pesticides and fertilizers aren't showing up in well water tests through St Tammany, so you might want to find another strawman.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

Maybe, but you can't blame me for having very little faith in your industry and its concern for the well-being of people and the environment.

I do applaud you for being honest that you’re in the business. The thing is, it’s hard for me to swallow the pill from the doctor whose medicine is at the heart of the issue.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    The FRACKING WELL, will bore right through every last one of the well water aquifer stratas to get to where they want to go...the makeup of the subsurface is mostly clays, sands, gravel, salt deposits, shale and or weak limestone, not much if any bedrock formations...

Meet The Frackers...they just want to stick it to us, with their drill stems churning!

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Maybe the fracking fluid is perfectly drinkable and non toxic. What will be extracted and travelling through the pipe directly through the aquifer isn't.

Now, we all know there are never any problems when it comes to the petroleum industry. Still, we'd rather be safe and not play around with our drinking water.

Pesticides and fertilizers aren't showing up in well water tests through St Tammany

You've actually said more than you probably realize. What comes through the pipe? You mean the stuff that's already in the ground? Hmmm, think about that one for a minute.

So the chemicals that we are using isn't showing up in water wells? Hmm, what makes you think anything else will?

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    You've actually said more than you probably realize. What comes through the pipe? You mean the stuff that's already in the ground? Hmmm, think about that one for a minute.

So the chemicals that we are using isn't showing up in water wells? Hmm, what makes you think anything else will?

Yes, already in the ground, far below the aquifers, and will have a nice little pipe to travel through. Right on through the aquifers. Nothing to worry about at all. We all know that drilling equipment never fails. Pipes never break and all that.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yes, already in the ground, far below the aquifers, and will have a nice little pipe to travel through. Right on through the aquifers. Nothing to worry about at all. We all know that drilling equipment never fails. Pipes never break and all that.

Ok....so is he saying that (if) a pipe breaks,
    having Frack Water enter the Aquifer
    is no different(or worse) than "fertilizer, roundup, pesticides"
    that already go straight into the Aquifer?

headscratch.gif

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    Devilneck, I'm trying to understand your point. But what you are saying makes no sense to me.

Are you against drilling?

Are you for drilling but against fracking?

Can I ask what you do for a living?

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Devilneck, I'm trying to understand your point. But what you are saying makes no sense to me.

Are you against drilling?

Are you for drilling but against fracking?

Can I ask what you do for a living?

No, I'm not against drilling for oil, in general. I'm not against fracking, in general. My only issue with this is the location of this project, and the impact any accident will have on the Northshore's drinking supply. We don't process our drinking water out of the Mississippi river, like New Orleans. Most of the cities up here have very little water processing as it is. Almost all of our rural residents are drinking well water, completely unprocessed and straight from the same aquifers that would be destroyed by any accident with the drill pipes that will be running through.

If you ask me about putting in a rig offshore, I'm all for it. If they want to drill in the Lake, I dont' really have an issue there.

All I'm concerned with is drilling through the aquifers that the Northshore depends on. I understand that a steel pipe, covered in cement will be used. That doesn't give me much faith in the ability to stave off a catastrophe that could kill the production of Abita Beer, Covington Beer, and the drinking water we all have up here. It's not worth the risk to me, when there are so many other areas nearby that don't run the same gamble.

I have nothing at all against the oil industry.

I support IT for a major contractor to the DoD. Totally unrelated to this discussion. My interest here is only that it affects me, and my family if things go to caca.
    And I will not abide a threat to my supply of fresh Turbodog. That is unconscionable.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    No, I'm not against drilling for oil, in general. I'm not against fracking, in general. My only issue with this is the location of this project, and the impact any accident will have on the Northshore's drinking supply. We don't process our drinking water out of the Mississippi river, like New Orleans. Most of the cities up here have very little water processing as it is. Almost all of our rural residents are drinking well water, completely unprocessed and straight from the same aquifers that would be destroyed by any accident with the drill pipes that will be running through.

If you ask me about putting in a rig offshore, I'm all for it. If they want to drill in the Lake, I dont' really have an issue there.

All I'm concerned with is drilling through the aquifers that the Northshore depends on. I understand that a steel pipe, covered in cement will be used. That doesn't give me much faith in the ability to stave off a catastrophe that could kill the production of Abita Beer, Covington Beer, and the drinking water we all have up here. It's not worth the risk to me, when there are so many other areas nearby that don't run the same gamble.

I have nothing at all against the oil industry.

I support IT for a major contractor to the DoD. Totally unrelated to this discussion. My interest here is only that it affects me, and my family if things go to caca.
    And I will not abide a threat to my supply of fresh Turbodog. That is unconscionable.

I doubt they're all part of the same aquifer. And the various cities around here have processed water. Major difference between the well water in the north and the crap in town.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom