stand your ground...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    if i hear this **** one more time on cnn or fox imma shoot my 42" flat screen...regardless of how **** really happened one thing is for certain...zimmerman pursed and was told not to continue...so why the funk do folks keep bringing up this stand your ground law?...this is like some borderline propaganda bull ****...theyre gonna use this **** to take away the rights of good, law abiding, common sense having, concealed weapon permit having floridians...what yall think?...its been striking a nerve with me lately...next thing you know theyre gonna revert back to that duty to flee ****!!!... :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Hind sight is 20/20 vision. Alot of people would take back yesterday if they could. But it's gone forever. The problem is, what will tomorrow bring?

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    It's all about Stand Your Ground!

This case is all about the Stand Your Ground Law. It states you can't be charged in a shooting if
    1) It occured in a location you have a right to be in. Zimmerman was in a public area IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD
    2) You were not commiting a crime. Zimmerman had EVERY right to follow a suspecious person around HIS NEIGHBORHOOD and was under NO obligation to stop following that person inspite of being told he shouldn't by someone who answers the phone for the police, fire and EMS service. Zimmerman was NOT breaking any laws by following Martin even after being told not to by the 911 operator. He claims he didn't follow Martin he was looking for an address but it doesn't matter if he did
    3)You were not the original physical aggressor. There is no evidence thus far that says Zimmerman TOUCHED Martin first or at any point before shooting him. Following him would not constitute physical aggression. Martin's girlfriend claims Martin talked first asking Zimmerman why he was following him.
    4)You were reasonably in fear of your life.Witnesses have told reporters the guy in the red jacket was under the guy in the grey jacket and the guy in the grey jacket was beating the guy in the red shirt

Zimmerman should be protected by the Stand your Ground Law as long as there are no witnesses to contradict what's been said so far in the Media. BUT the DA must have something she want's a jury to hear. It had better be good if she wants Murder 2

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    oooooo lawd...i gotta pray harder...imma come to ms n follow you around and question you until you get fed up n stand your ground against me...if anybody had a right to stand their ground it was the kid that was being followed...you cant stand your ground if the offender is headed in the opposite direction and youre chasing em down after youve been told not to...

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    oooooo lawd...i gotta pray harder...imma come to ms n follow you around and question you until you get fed up n stand your ground against me...if anybody had a right to stand their ground it was the kid that was being followed...you cant stand your ground if the offender is headed in the opposite direction and youre chasing em down after youve been told not to...

As far as we know, he DID stop following once he was told he did not need to. Get your stories straight, because we know the media isn't going to do it for you.

Now, does this mean that he ACTUALLY stopped following Martin once the dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that?" No clue, but as far as we know, he did, and he was returning to his vehicle at the time of the ACTUAL physical confrontation.

My point here is, you're angry at the media having things screwed up, yet your own "facts" are screwed up.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    As far as we know, he DID stop following once he was told he did not need to. Get your stories straight, because we know the media isn't going to do it for you.

Now, does this mean that he ACTUALLY stopped following Martin once the dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that?" No clue, but as far as we know, he did, and he was returning to his vehicle at the time of the ACTUAL physical confrontation.

My point here is, you're angry at the media having things screwed up, yet your own "facts" are screwed up.

^This.

I'm pretty sick and tired of people taking the 911 tape and twisting it and changing the wording to support their perspective. (i.e. the operator asking for the race vs the edited tape suggesting Zimmerman volunteered the race identity). I'm sick of hearing about it from both sides of the table. I can see the situation both ways, Zimmerman as the aggressor leading to an altercation that he wasn't prepared for and copped out and shot the young adult or that he stopped following, went back to his truck and the young adult decided to be the aggressor and attacked Zimmerman. Either way, both sides of the story need to Shut Up, Sit Down, and let the legal system present and try the case for the final decision.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions, I think Zimmerman should have waited for the police, but I also don't believe he intended to kill anyone.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I can follow anyone I want around my neighborhood. That's not illegal. I can question anyone I want as to why they are in my neighborhood. They can tell me why they are there, or tell me to **** off. That's their right. So far, witnesses have stated that Martin threw the first punch. If he did and Z can communicate that to the jury he should be good to go (in a perfect world). If Z started the fight, well, that's his ass and he's guilty.

If you want to come by and follow me around, that's fine with me. I promise I won't shoot you for annoying me.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    **** that...mofo start following me imma whoop his ass too...yall bullshitting if yall say yall wouldnt at least confront someone following yall...i knew not to bring this to this board...n yall stating facts like yall were there more than i was...i guess your facts are better than mine...

but anywho...i still dont think that stand your ground stuff is gonna fly...

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    I can follow anyone I want around my neighborhood. That's not illegal. I can question anyone I want as to why they are in my neighborhood. They can tell me why they are there, or tell me to **** off. That's their right. So far, witnesses have stated that Martin threw the first punch. If he did and Z can communicate that to the jury he should be good to go (in a perfect world). If Z started the fight, well, that's his ass and he's guilty.

If you want to come by and follow me around, that's fine with me. I promise I won't shoot you for annoying me.

thats EXACTLY what i tell everyone i meet when we discuss it

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Zimmerman should be protected by the Stand your Ground Law as long as there are no witnesses to contradict what's been said so far in the Media. BUT the DA must have something she want's a jury to hear. It had better be good if she wants Murder 2

It's a dog & pony show for the unwashed masses. No way the murder2 charge sticks. But they'll make it seem that way and give him a "sweet" plea foe manslaughter or some ******** like that. The mob gets their "justice". Z gets murdered in prison. Libs gain some traction in their war on self defense & guns.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    **** that...mofo start following me imma whoop his ass too...yall bullshitting if yall say yall wouldnt at least confront someone following yall...i knew not to bring this to this board...n yall stating facts like yall were there more than i was...i guess your facts are better than mine...

well, the simple thing is ask to see the phone records where the girlfriend says he called. i know when I'm getting followed i pause, call my old lady, and say "some dude is following me, I'm rollin the hoodie, love you'

or, maybe IF i even remember i would call 911.
    simple phone records will show if a call was received. i do not believe there was one

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

And that very well could be the reason Martin is in a pine box right now. He tried his patented high school Imma tough guy whoop ass move against someone who didn't like that game. Just speculating though.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    **** that...mofo start following me imma whoop his ass too...yall bullshitting if yall say yall wouldnt at least confront someone following yall...

Being stupid and confronting someone can get you shot. Which may be what got us here in the first place. The person that truly knows what happened is giving only his side of the story

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The propaganda is coming from the media and black people who for some reason want to make this into a white/black thing and egged on the insanity for the last couple of months. It gave media something to write about and the black community something to bitch about. Perfect world......except that it blew up into a witch hunt for a man who obviously the police and other local officials didnt feel broke any laws.

Now with the pressure from the black community and a few jackasses who want to make a name for themselves and further their agenda, an arrest was made.

I dont know that Zimmerman will get a fair trial anywhere in the country now with the way this whole ordeal was handled. Then, what if he is found innocent......what will the black panthers, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton say then? That our White, Honky, Cracker law failed yet another innocent black youth who was wronged.

Guess we will see.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

If you come to MS you could follow me around AND question me and it wouldn't be illegal unless I got a restraining order from a judge. MS doesn't have a Stand Your Ground law but if I shot you for following me around or asking me questions (or punched you which is exactly what Zimmerman claims Martin did!!) I wouldn't be protected by any law as long as you didn't touch me. Following me or talking to me is not against the law in MS, Baton Rouge or Florida.
    I assume you are either trolling or have been relying on the liberal mainstream media for your news. If you listen to the whole 4 minute 911 call you'll hear Zimmerman say "OK" when the 911 operator tells him "we don't want you the follow him." (Which was said for Zimmerman's safety!) you'll also hear him continue to talk for 2 more minutes and doesn't sound out of breath inspite of "chasing" after a 6"3" 150 lb. football player who's 12 years younger than he is. Zimmerman was seated in his truck when Martin starts running and his house was 70 yards away which would take less tahn a minute for a 17 year old to run to. So tell me how 5'9" 240 lb Zimmerman gets out of his truck and catches up. Zimmerman's claim that Martin approached him as he walked back to his truck seems more likely. What actually happened next we will never know unless the DA has found an EYE witness. We'll find out in a few months. Good luck trolling.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    And that very well could be the reason Martin is in a pine box right now. He tried his patented high school Imma tough guy whoop ass move against someone who didn't like that game. Just speculating though.

+1 I'm wondering why he told his girlfriend " a guy is following me so I put on my hood. What? it's an invisibility cloak like Harry Potter's. I guess it was part of the tough guy act.

Top Bottom