stand your ground...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    **** that...mofo start following me imma whoop his ass too...yall bullshitting if yall say yall wouldnt at least confront someone following yall...i knew not to bring this to this board...n yall stating facts like yall were there more than i was...i guess your facts are better than mine....

If you're being serious, please man- don't do something like that.

Life presents us with plenty of opportunities to learn from the mistakes of both ourselves- AND OTHERS.

This is probably one of those times.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    **** that...mofo start following me imma whoop his ass too...yall bullshitting if yall say yall wouldnt at least confront someone following yall...i knew not to bring this to this board...n yall stating facts like yall were there more than i was...i guess your facts are better than mine...

but anywho...i still dont think that stand your ground stuff is gonna fly...

No, you would ATTEMPT to whoop his ass, then one of a few things will happen...

1. He will, in turn, overpower you and whoop YOUR ass.
    2. You will, in fact, whoop his ass and someone will call the cops and you will go to jail for ASSAULT.
    3. You will end up just like Trayvon, because the guy whose ass you thought you were going to whoop don't play those games and he shoots your dumb ass.

And, no one thinks their "facts" are better than your "facts." The difference is, your "facts" have NO precedence WHATSOEVER. At least the theory that he was walking back to his vehicle after the dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that" holds some grounds, based on the fact that he was not out of breath and that he claims he was attacked from behind by the person he was following until told not to.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I don't believe for one second that any one of you all would take too kindly to someone following you...y'all are too quick to say your truth is more accurate than mine...I guess your sources propaganda is more believable than mine...idk what happened...I just asked a fairly reasonable question about whether you'll thought it fell under the stand your ground law...I think the media using that term will be detrimental to a lot of the good guys...just an opinion...guess y'all don't have assholes...I really don't care one way or another...no amount of marching or convictions will put breath back n that kids body...n no matter how many times zimmerman called the police over the years could gain him a better predicament than he's in now...n not that I feel the need to appeal to anyone, but I don't care for the al's n jessies either like one of you all implied...as long as al has a perm, I'll never take him seriously...probably never in fact...I never in a million years would think that I would agree with jeb bush n good ole newt before I got static from y'all...geesh...

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    calm down deano...have a seat, count to ten, take a blood pressure pill, have your ole lady coerce a nut out you n chill out bro...it's just the Internet and an opinion by a guy you don't even know dude...chill...N STOP YELLING AT ME LIKE THIS!!!...

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I just want to paint a little scenario for all the people that are talking crap about the stand your ground law.

You and your wife/girlfriend are walking down the street enjoying the night breeze. All of a sudden a person jumps out from behind a trash can or whatever and grabs said female that is with you. At this point you have a few choices you can make because you live in a great state with the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW!!!

A. Try to reason with said person.
    B. Try to fight your woman's abductor.
    C. Pull out your CCW piece.
    D. Act like a ***** and run!!

If you chose anything but C, unless you are built like a brick shithouse and can fight like Mike Tyson, you are as wrong as two boys going at it in the back seat of grandmas car outside of church on a Sunday afternoon.

If you ran away your wife/girlfriend probably got brutally raped and or murdered. I am sure they did not politely ask her for her money or if she would mind if they abused her first!!

Now if we didnt have that said law, then yes, you would just have to stand there and watch all that happen. Of course you can run and hope she catches up with you down the street. But if that happens and she manages to get away I am sure that she will not be with you much longer.

What would you say to your wife/girlfriend/daughter if that happened?? Sorry honey we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Insha'Allah - look it up if you dont know what it means.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I don't believe for one second that any one of you all would take too kindly to someone following you...y'all are too quick to say your truth is more accurate than mine...I guess your sources propaganda is more believable than mine...idk what happened...I just asked a fairly reasonable question about whether you'll thought it fell under the stand your ground law...I think the media using that term will be detrimental to a lot of the good guys...just an opinion...guess y'all don't have assholes...I really don't care one way or another...no amount of marching or convictions will put breath back n that kids body...n no matter how many times zimmerman called the police over the years could gain him a better predicament than he's in now...n not that I feel the need to appeal to anyone, but I don't care for the al's n jessies either like one of you all implied...as long as al has a perm, I'll never take him seriously...probably never in fact...I never in a million years would think that I would agree with jeb bush n good ole newt before I got static from y'all...geesh...

I'm sorry, but this is just flat out PAINFUL to even attempt to read. Can you translate this into English, please? Thanks in advance.

calm down deano...have a seat, count to ten, take a blood pressure pill, have your ole lady coerce a nut out you n chill out bro...it's just the Internet and an opinion by a guy you don't even know dude...chill...N STOP YELLING AT ME LIKE THIS!!!...

Don't need to do any of those things. Sounds to me like you're the one that needs the "chill pill," as the youngsters call it these days. I didn't say anything that would imply that I'm upset or pissed off at anyone. Also, no one's yelling at you. It's called EMPHASIS, you know, like when you're trying to explain something a re...oh...wait.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I just want to paint a little scenario for all the people that are talking crap about the stand your ground law.

You and your wife/girlfriend are walking down the street enjoying the night breeze. All of a sudden a person jumps out from behind a trash can or whatever and grabs said female that is with you. At this point you have a few choices you can make because you live in a great state with the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW!!!

A. Try to reason with said person.
    B. Try to fight your woman's abductor.
    C. Pull out your CCW piece.
    D. Act like a ***** and run!!

If you chose anything but C, unless you are built like a brick shithouse and can fight like Mike Tyson, you are as wrong as two boys going at it in the back seat of grandmas car outside of church on a Sunday afternoon.

If you ran away your wife/girlfriend probably got brutally raped and or murdered. I am sure they did not politely ask her for her money or if she would mind if they abused her first!!

Now if we didnt have that said law, then yes, you would just have to stand there and watch all that happen. Of course you can run and hope she catches up with you down the street. But if that happens and she manages to get away I am sure that she will not be with you much longer.

What would you say to your wife/girlfriend/daughter if that happened?? Sorry honey we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Insha'Allah - look it up if you dont know what it means.

Very good way to explain it. Basically, SYG gives you two options: Be a bitch, or be a man. Having no SYG laws takes the latter option away.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Very good way to explain it. Basically, SYG gives you two options: Be a bitch, or be a man. Having no SYG laws takes the latter option away.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Take away SYG and you no longer have the right to defend yourself anyone else for that matter. You take away all the power of the law abiding citizen and give it to the criminals and thugs wearing hoodies, to soon??

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I'm all for stand your ground...I just think Zimmerman is **** up a creek if his new uninformed defense attorney is gonna try n use that to warrant self defense against a lanky 6'3" 150 pound kid munching on some skittles when he didn't have any injuries...yeah yeah...his head was bashed into the concrete I heard...too bad nobody saw it and he didn't go to the hospital for his injuries that warranted killing someone...n deano...this is got damn gun forum based in Louisiana who's keeping tabs on the proper English and pristine sentence structure...half of us don't even have all of our teeth...or is that Mississippi I'm thinking of?...

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    to hell with y'all!...I'm bout go put on a hoodie...cop me a four loko n some skittles n walk down highland somewhere!...

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    Pretty much what I was getting at. Take away SYG and you no longer have the right to defend yourself anyone else for that matter. You take away all the power of the law abiding citizen and give it to the criminals and thugs wearing hoodies, to soon??

be careful bro!...deano might correct you on to too n two!...

the only hoodie I own is a rutgers law school hoodie...I wonder if I would be sparred?...

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I'm all for stand your ground...I just think Zimmerman is **** up a creek if his new uninformed defense attorney is gonna try n use that to warrant self defense against a lanky 6'3" 150 pound kid munching on some skittles when he didn't have any injuries...yeah yeah...his head was bashed into the concrete I heard...too bad nobody saw it and he didn't go to the hospital for his injuries that warranted killing someone...n deano...this is got damn gun forum based in Louisiana who's keeping tabs on the proper English and pristine sentence structure...half of us don't even have all of our teeth...or is that Mississippi I'm thinking of?...

I just think we need to let the whole thing play out and see what is decided by the courts. Do I have full faith that the court system will get it right? Heh...not a chance. As for the missing teeth, I think you're talking about Bammer, actually. C'mon, the toothbrush was invented there, after all. Anywhere else, it would have been called the "teethbrush."

to hell with y'all!...I'm bout go put on a hoodie...cop me a four loko n some skittles n walk down highland somewhere!...

At least you have a good sense of humor. Which side of Highland? North of LSU? Good luck. I live just outside the Northgate, and I hate it. I'd hate it no matter what color my skin is.

be careful bro!...deano might correct you on to too n two!...

the only hoodie I own is a rutgers law school hoodie...I wonder if I would be sparred?...

I own more hoodies than that. I own an Alcatraz Psycho Ward Outpatient hoodie, a Nike hoodie, and some plain jane hoodie. Used to have a System of a Down hoodie, too, but have no idea where I lost it.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    I was thinking more south...u know...where the mansions are...might fit in at the north end...gotta make sure I bring my Glock foe-tee though...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    if i hear this **** one more time on cnn or fox imma shoot my 42" flat screen...regardless of how **** really happened one thing is for certain...zimmerman pursed and was told not to continue...so why the funk do folks keep bringing up this stand your ground law?...this is like some borderline propaganda bull ****...theyre gonna use this **** to take away the rights of good, law abiding, common sense having, concealed weapon permit having floridians...what yall think?...its been striking a nerve with me lately...next thing you know theyre gonna revert back to that duty to flee ****!!!... :curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

at first I read Fail. then I realized TROLL....

For mr z28.

You-2.gif

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, Z28 is right about this case being bad news for a lot of the "good guys" in Florida- and maybe elsewhere:(. The media is indeed going after the SYG laws- and the SYG law in FL is just as much on trial here as Zimmerman is.....The CBS news update this morning was quick to mention that "more than 20 other states have similar laws"- giving the impression to the unknowing that 'SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!':run: They also included a soundbyte of Martin's father saying he was 'glad Zimmerman was now in custody so he can't kill another 17 year old child....'. I know the man is distraught- I know that. But we aren't dealing with a serial killer here, guys. :rolleyes: But his comment will no doubt be used to paint every CHP holder as a cold-blooded killer just waiting to go off..... Statistical facts slap this down. But who cares about the truth, right?

Doing away with the SYG laws only serves to make the law-abiding a little less safe, but that matters not to the people calling for it's demise who DO NOT have your best interests in mind, anyway.....

Make no mistake- this case is about a hell of a lot more than "Justice For Trayvon".....How long before we start seeing his parents at VPC events? Look for it....

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Why get pissed if someone is following you. I'm more suspicious. Keep it as non confrontational as possible. Instantly opening a can of Whoop Ass gets people shot or in jail. I have a friend in LC who is in a WC because of this mentality. He beat a guys ass so bad the guy was lying on the ground bleeding and bruised. As Dean walked away the guy shot him in the back. Yea, he whoooped the guys ass. But at the cost of his legs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom