State Police Unmarked Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    It's going to get good James. :D

I've got an idea.. how bout obeying laws. Make sure your legal. And quit worrying about everyone else. If your speeding and get busted by a unmarked unit with blacked out windows, oh well. He did his job, th ou broke the law. And who cares if you cant see the subdued decals. Dont freaking speed and you won't need to be on the lookout for them.

My windows are 5% . I carry a letter from the state giving me permission. If I get stopped, I show the letter along with Dl and insurance. I'm on my way.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Really, I don't care about the tint. In my younger days I always had 5% on my trucks. I just think it would be ironic if someone got pulled over for a window tint violation by a car with darker tint.

My main point was only that if you refused to stop for an unmarked car, according to the law I posted, I don't see how they could charge you with flight. There may be some other law but I'm not finding it.

LOL, I didn't get that point, at all, from my first quick read of your post. And then, of course, the thread starts its twists and turns. I see what you're getting at now, though. :dogkeke:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If a police officer is chasing someone at 190mph+ for a traffic charge he is a dumb ass. The Charger that I have runs very well for a police unit and is really all that is needed. I believe the Michigan state police testing have them at a top speed of 156ish and I don’t see many interstates in Louisiana I’d want to drive that fast on. As far as window tint, get over it(not you, the OP), if you witnessed a violent crime and had to sit in back of the car until a detective got there you would be glad the windows are tinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cant argue with a man that’s right. Lol... yeah 150 is plenty for a 4door car to begin with, much less in any kind of traffic. That’s why the racing takes placing when and we’re it does. (I’m not talking about the chumps at the pad in New Orleans East.) the good stuff happens farther out..

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    cant argue with a man that’s right. Lol... yeah 150 is plenty for a 4door car to begin with, much less in any kind of traffic. That’s why the racing takes placing when and we’re it does. (I’m not talking about the chumps at the pad in New Orleans East.) the good stuff happens farther out..

Chumps at da pad? I resemble that remark !!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I really don't care about unmarked cars any more. MS, on the other hand, puts one guy on an overpass across I55 with a radar gun, then radios ahead and says 'white c1500 doing 6 miles over...' and someone else writes the ticket. That's annoying and petty.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    With cops getting shot at all the time simply for being cops, I am very okay with them having blacked out windows. It's harder to hit someone behind a windshield that you can't see, plus if the car is stopped a criminal won't know if someone is in the car or if they are being watched.

As for unmarked units pulling over speeders, the easy solution is to not speed excessively. A majority of the blacked out units are NOT traffic cops and the guys driving them don't give two shits if you are doing 10 to 15 over the speed limit. If you start doing something stupid or they think you're drunk then you'll probably have a problem, but that is easily avoidable by not being stupid.

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA
    I don't think LSP has any blue ones. I've only seen one of the new black ones and it had a regular State Police plate on it. It was A-XX can't remember the plate number I noticed the 700 mhz antenna first then saw the plate

b8b_statepoliceunmarkedcar.jpg

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They're all equally slow, doesn't matter how hard they try to hide.

The all time best one still belongs to an agency I haven't identified, with a half-inch tall forward facing roof line lightbar that's almost part of the roof itself and SUPER hard to notice until it turns on.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The way I see it is like this, If the unmarked tinted units only concentrated on Texas driver's in the left lane doing 68mph on I-10 for 10 miles then the units will pay for themselves in 2 months or less!

In this area many Texas drivers are running more like 88 MPH on the super slab.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't have a problem with exceptions for tint... spending all day in a vehicle, in duty gear, plus vest, with the sun beating down on you can get uncomfortable, even with AC. This is why I get the best metallic tint I can on my vehicles.

Also no issues on the choice of vehicle (charger).. I don't care for Dodge, but meh who cares?

I question the decision to not "mark" the units doing traffic enforcement (detectives and admin are different):

1.) Visible police presence is preventative measure... don't we want everyone seeing them patrolling?

2.) If/When myself or a family member get's pulled over, I would prefer it to be a clearly marked unit, to help ensure it's a real LEO and not some fake sick-o

Top Bottom