State Police Unmarked Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They probably don't -- but 41 million people receive speeding tickets annually and $6 billion is paid out in speeding tickets each year. This is an average of $146.34/ticket.
    So we are not talking chump change......

Then why make the statement? Those tickets are written because people are violating the law, don’t break the law and the revenue would be $0 off of tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Then why make the statement? Those tickets are written because people are violating the law, don’t break the law and the revenue would be $0 off of tickets.

Because $6 billion went somewhere......Trust me, I have no issue with tickets but I wish the police would not just write speeding tickets, -- write the illegal tint, smoked tail light and license plate covers, bubba bob with his tires sticking 6" past the fenders throwing rocks so I have to pay a $500 deductible for a new windshield, the bubba with the LED light bar at a gizzillon watts blinding the fuk out of everybody else, mosquito control exhaust, etc. Maybe they do but I see the same vehicles on my way to work day in day out with the same BS, so it doesn't seem they are being stopped.

I'm 51 years old -- I've had 1 ticket in my life when I was 18 for speeding -- 41 in a 30. Jefferson parish. I don't break the law but watch many people who do and seem to pretty much get away with it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Because $6 billion went somewhere......Trust me, I have no issue with tickets but I wish the police would not just write speeding tickets, -- write the illegal tint, smoked tail light and license plate covers, bubba bob with his tires sticking 6" past the fenders throwing rocks so I have to pay a $500 deductible for a new windshield, the bubba with the LED light bar at a gizzillon watts blinding the fuk out of everybody else, mosquito control exhaust, etc. Maybe they do but I see the same vehicles on my way to work day in day out with the same BS, so it doesn't seem they are being stopped.

I'm 51 years old -- I've had 1 ticket in my life when I was 18 for speeding -- 41 in a 30. Jefferson parish. I don't break the law but watch many people who do and seem to pretty much get away with it.

You’re making assumptions. LEOs do write tickets for those things.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Why else would Walker PD run radar on I-12, surely the town is not endangered by speeders on the interstate

Probably because the interstate is part of the city and they are responsible for the crashes that happen due to speeding. It’s really not that hard if you think about it

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    That is exactly what I was thinking, anyone else on the interstate is looking to add $ to their city coffers

Actually they help slow the traffic to a reasonable level which avoids accidents and saves injuries and lives.
    If all LA. Cities did not work the State/Federal Highways in their City Limits the State Police could not afford to hire enough LEO's to work all the crashes.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    DISCLAIMER -- SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD!!!

I WISHED we had emission inspections of ANY inspection OR LEO's who pulled over cars with obvious problems.

Last month while stopped on the up ramp of the Belle Chasse bridge, the ASSh0le in front of me decided he was going to let his engine run so his AC could be on while his tailpipe emitted a white smoke -- obviously a blown head gasket but he didn't give a rats ass while the cars behind him had to endure this crap. In this day in age you cannot ask somebody to turn their engine off because they will either tell you to Feck Off or worse shoot you. So for about 10 minutes we inhaled vaporized ethylene glycol -- I'm sure that is real f-ing healthy. But LEOs don't have time to pull over these jack asses, they is no revenue in it for the department.

Maybe I’m getting old but guys with really loud exhaust **** me off. That **** stopped being cool in the 90’s.
    And I see so many these days with lifted trucks with an exhaust blaring rap music. That is the ultimate douchebag trifecta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    You’re making assumptions. LEOs do write tickets for those things.

I don’t believe they do where I live. Otherwise the same people would be getting the same tickets every day for years.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    This came up in a discussion lately with my local DA as well as Sheriff. The whole idea of "Ghost" decals is twofold. First and foremost it looks COOL...LOL This is a MAJOR reason in some departments. Secondly, this whole traffic situation has gone FAR from serving the public safety through deterring speeding and reckless driving by simple patrol appearance and gone ALL THE WAY to REVENUE GENERATION!!! Troopers don't run radar in quite a few areas simply because the state gets Direct and Immediate reimbursement from the Feds for the Seat Belt Campaigns that are run. Trooper's time OFF the road to appear in court is NEGATIVE REVENUE... You can argue with me about ALL of this if you would like but I made it a point to bring it up in quite a few conversations with such officials which I mentioned. The other end of the spectrum is that traffic fines across the state have increased as much as 1000%. Just get a simple seat belt or expired MVI ticket and find out for yourself. Fines are set by the local DA and Judges which make most of there CASH from these fines and court costs. As a matter of fact, in a certain JDC you MUST appear in court for all seat belt tickets, including the first. Fines start at $250 and move up from there. Remember the $25 seat belt ticket? That's a thing of the past. I am not saying this because I have a problem with the law, I wear mine religiously. I am simply stating the trends toward REVENUE GENERATION.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Your government has gone from serving the public to making money like any other business. The main problem with that is they are the ULTIMATE Monopoly...

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Actually they help slow the traffic to a reasonable level which avoids accidents and saves injuries and lives.
    If all LA. Cities did not work the State/Federal Highways in their City Limits the State Police could not afford to hire enough LEO's to work all the crashes.

We were passing Walker day before yesterday and a WPD unit was up against the Walker dam shooting the east bound lanes.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    We were passing Walker day before yesterday and a WPD unit was up against the Walker dam shooting the east bound lanes.

Walker now has a 5 man full time traffic unit and off duty officers working traffic to supplement their low pay.
    I went through the Satsuma construction zone East and West yesterday and only saw 5 LSP Units running radar.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Maybe I’m getting old but guys with really loud exhaust **** me off. That **** stopped being cool in the 90’s.
    And I see so many these days with lifted trucks with an exhaust blaring rap music. That is the ultimate douchebag trifecta.

Youre only missing a few thing for perfection LOL
    oGj3wLJ.jpg

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LSP had a press release a couple of months ago announcing several vehicles. The standard Trooper unit will be a Tahoe. They have also gotten some “muscle cars” as interceptors. Finally they have some new “ghost cars” that have white decals on white bodies. Interestingly, BR city police now has some “ghosts” too. I’ve seen the “ghosts” up close a couple of times (parked, not stopping me!)

Not sure about EBRSO or other parishes. Very sneaky so be careful.

The “muscle cars” and “ghosts” seem to work in tandem with marked units sometimes. You pass the camouflaged unit and he radios a hidden marked unit.

Top Bottom