Stolen gun alert (update)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillShoot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Sorry to hear the bad news and thanks VERY MUCH for sharing. Glad to hear gun safes are actually good investments. I am looking to get a gun safe but several store clerks made it sound like useless (even those pretty heavy/solid builds), in the presence of a blowtorch or even a big hammer. While I am not looking to buy a half a ton safe, are those in a $500 or-so-range worth buying? (Lowes, costco, academy etc, with basic fire protection and 300lb range, 1" bolts etc)

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    While I am not looking to buy a half a ton safe, are those in a $500 or-so-range worth buying? (Lowes, costco, academy etc, with basic fire protection and 300lb range, 1" bolts etc)

Yes, they are definitely worth buying IMO. If it's metal, heavy, and hard to get to with a tool (I.E. bolted down in a closet), you're good to go 99.9999% of the time. Burglars generally aren't Hollywood safe crackers. 90% or more won't have crowbars, sledges, drills, etc. to even work on a safe that was not bolted down and was able to be moved and tipped over. They'd be more likely to use tools they found in your own garage, and even if they tried to work on a safe, if it's bolted down in a closet it's alot more difficult/practically impossible for the typical home burglar.

My opinion on a general ballpark number, I'd say the average gun owner should look to spend about 10% of their collection's value on a safe.

And everyone here should invest in this:
    http://www.armorconcepts.com/Our-Solutions/Door-Jamb-Armor

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Man, sorry to hear about the break in.
    Only when it happens to you can a person imagine the feelings that come with that.

And I have something special for every thieving crackhead out there...bullets. Lots of bullets.

Here's keeping an eye out for your property brother. Best of luck.

cjacob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    just a thought, but all guns entering the show are checked to make sure they are unloaded and locked open, so why don't you get there bright and early tomorrow with the list of your guns and have them watch out for them for you.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Ok, off the wall only half ass info from me.... but I did hear on the radio that police busted some guy with stolen guns, and not all of them had been returned to their owner. I heard it on radio and I THINK it is acadiana parish.... I know I wasn't the only one that heard it... wish I had taken note..... May be a long shot but OP may want to look into it. (heard it on kpal morning show earlier this week)

kpm1234

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Lafayette
    UPDATE

A friend of my wife recognized her bike the other day. We called the Detective who followed up on the lead and at least one of the guys is now in custody.:)
    The have recovered the bike and the boys Xbox. No guns, jewlery, spyderco etc yet.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom