storing guns and ammo in the attic for the flood, for a few weeks maybe?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sorry man. BTDT, no fun.

For the ones you leave, two garbage bags, one from each end, duct tape the joint. Put in in the attic under the insulation. Hopefully there won't be any looters, but they might miss it if its buried.

At least you're not dealing with salt water. When you get home even if they got wet, rinse, break free, and there's a good chance they'll survive. I have an 870 barrel that came out just fine after 2 days of salt water and sitting for two weeks after.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'll gladly offer up some storage space for them. If you have a lot and just can't fit it, I may be able to meet up with you and take a quick ride down there. If you have a large safe, we'd just need a small trailer and a dolly, which would be VERY easy to get. I have a lot of friends that lost everything and would hate to see someone go through that.

Last edited:

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    thanks for all the help and offers. i'll take my chances with the attic. my gun/ammo collection isn't that valuable, most likely shameful compared to most here but i would be sad if i lost it. its not like i have a collection of high end ar15s and 1911s. i decided to take my sig 522 also.

Top Bottom