STSO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    it was stolen here in St Tammany and recovered in Huston paid the 10.00 for the report call Huston don't remember who said what but was told i had to go to texas to pick it up. get to Huston and they tell me it is still pending, so i don't get the gun back this time. i still don't understand why it is so hard to get info from people.

It's not! What is hard is keeping a record of the people you speak with. But it is an invaluable tool when you are getting the bureaucratic ******** run-around. Here is what I do when I am dealing with any municipality, corporation, tech support, warranty group, etc:

Document the date, time of each call. Always ask the person you speak with for their full names and what they do at their respective places. And jot down crib notes of the discussion. Every time they transfer you to another person or department, write that all down too. It holds some people accountable. And when you ask for their names, they are less likely to just blow you off.

This is all a pain in the ass, and in your case; pain in the hands, but it most definitely helps get processes done more efficiently. Trust me. I have to deal with incompetent people all of the time for any number of problem solving. A well documented trail will save you countless minutes and hours over time, and that road trip you took to Houston for nothing? That would NEVER happen to me! But I know it happens to people all of the time!

;)

For added help, this is what a typical discussion with me sounds like:

Let's set it up and say I was told to call back in a day or so after my first call.

Hello, who am I speaking with?
    John.
    John, what is you last name?
    Brooks.
    Thanks, John. What is your position or department you work in?
    I am in warranty service?
    John, my name is Mr. Emperor. I have an issue that I am trying to fix with your company. I called last week and talked to Stephanie Morris; she told me to call today.
    Okay Mr. Emperor, I will try to help if I can.
    Great! I was told that you could help resolve my issue by Stephanie Morris in Customer Service, she said all of these things have to go through your department! Would that be accurate?
    Mr. Emperor, do you have a reference or case number?

Etc., etc., etc.

See how that works? And IT DOES WORK!

Last edited:

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    It's not! What is hard is keeping a record of the people you speak with. But it is an invaluable tool when you are getting the bureaucratic ******** run-around. Here is what I do when I am dealing with any municipality, corporation, tech support, warranty group, etc:

Document the date, time of each call. Always ask the person you speak with for their full names and what they do at their respective places. And jot down crib notes of the discussion. Every time they transfer you to another person or department, write that all down too. It holds some people accountable. And when you ask for their names, they are less likely to just blow you off.

This sort of record or diary is very helpful should an attorney need to get involved to rightfully get your property back. It establishes due diligence on your part and negligence of a duty on their part.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This sort of record or diary is very helpful should an attorney need to get involved to rightfully get your property back. It establishes due diligence on your part and negligence of a duty on their part.

I don't know about all that Wild Bill, I am sure that works for that purpose too! I just don't want to take rides to Houston for nothing! :mamoru:

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So.... You are upset that the sheriff's department is not spending their time and resources to get your stolen weapon back from TX after Houston PD located it?

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    This must be a very expensive firearm for u to get this involved in. If it is a $100 fie pistol just let it go. If u know someone in that area see if it can be legally released to them for transfer.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    How about it won't be released because it is evidence in a possession of a stolen firearms case in Houston, presumably because you can't either A. Lock your car OR B. Take your gun inside OR C. both A and B.

And why not call before going all the way to Houston in the first place without speaking to a prosecutor or investigator.

Seems like your full of all your fault but wanting to blame others so you don't have to take any personal responsibility.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How about it won't be released because it is evidence in a possession of a stolen firearms case in Houston, presumably because you can't either A. Lock your car OR B. Take your gun inside OR C. both A and B.

And why not call before going all the way to Houston in the first place without speaking to a prosecutor or investigator.

Seems like your full of all your fault but wanting to blame others so you don't have to take any personal responsibility.

Got eeeeeeeemmmmmmm

giphy.gif

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico

So he called.
    They told him to go to Houston.
    He did.
    Gets there and they tell him its not ready.

Sounds like he's frustrated because he wants his gun back. Maybe some people can quit being dicks and help the dude out. Emperor put out some good info, but maybe a LEO can give some tips to help the process.

FWIW, Im not bashing LEOs, my wife is one, so I know the stupidity they deal with. However, a bunch of times its the lazy admin shits that make everyone want to scream.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    So he called.
    They told him to go to Houston.
    He did.
    Gets there and they tell him its not ready.

Sounds like he's frustrated because he wants his gun back. Maybe some people can quit being dicks and help the dude out. Emperor put out some good info, but maybe a LEO can give some tips to help the process.

FWIW, Im not bashing LEOs, my wife is one, so I know the stupidity they deal with. However, a bunch of times its the lazy admin shits that make everyone want to scream.

I did try and help him....

It's evidence
    Lock your car
    Take your gun inside
    Chalk it up to the game

And yes the admin pogs are pretty much mostly worthless 99% of the time, but did you read HIS post?!? Do you even attention to detail, Bro? Obviously not. Must have been a pog himself :eek3:#GruntLife

Seriously, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who drives 8 hours to get something and doesn't even know who told him it was ok.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Please. Examples. I don't think any of us are lazy. We just see how much stupidity there is on here and often give sarcastic responses instead of just laughing and closing the thread. But I would love an example.

I'll vouch for all the "lazy admin shits" here and say they aren't lazy admin shits.
    Daww! Thanks!

I did try and help him....

It's evidence
    Lock your car
    Take your gun inside
    Chalk it up to the game

And yes the admin pogs are pretty much mostly worthless 99% of the time, but did you read HIS post?!? Do you even attention to detail, Bro? Obviously not. Must have been a pog himself :eek3:#GruntLife

Seriously, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who drives 8 hours to get something and doesn't even know who told him it was ok.

1) Excellent advice. I feel like you should add "play nice and be nice to people" to it. That would basically fix almost all of life's problems.
    2) Wtf is a pog?
    3) Worthless? That's not nice.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Please. Examples. I don't think any of us are lazy. We just see how much stupidity there is on here and often give sarcastic responses instead of just laughing and closing the thread. But I would love an example.

Maybe, just maybe, I was referencing the admin of the police dept.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom