taser justify deadly force?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Does anyone know if it's been decided in a civilian vs civilian scenario whether one can respond to a taser/stungun attack with deadly force?

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yikes...this is one for a lawyer, eh? I dunno how I'd feel about it. IMO, if they have a stun gun and hit me with it, they could easily come over my limp body, take my firearm and kill me with it. I wonder if that's what a court would think? Doubtful...

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    How can they, a taser is not deadly, and its not considered torture, talk about slippery slope.
    I know one thing, that taser is going to look like a gun if ones ever pulled on me

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    The idea of being incapacitated while your aggressor has freedom to do whatever to you and your loved ones does not fly with me.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I'm saying that internet chat boards have undone some mighty men because of statements like, "that taser is going to look like a gun if ones ever pulled on me."

Oh I know. Heck my company has actually fired people for talking bad about it online. I have a feeling that a lawyer would use that statement as one hell of a nail in a coffin.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I don't know of any case that has been tried involving this circumstance, but I don't see where it would be an issue. A taser is meant to incapacitate an individual and has the potential to cause great bodily harm, either through the effects of electricity, in LSP's case, or through the falling down that follows the first couple of clickety clicks. It's already been ruled that a person can fear for his life versus a 2x4, baseball bat, and even a large sweaty dope head hopped up on PCP.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    How can they, a taser is not deadly, and its not considered torture, talk about slippery slope.
    I know one thing, that taser is going to look like a gun if ones ever pulled on me

People -have- died from being tasered. Most are probably drugged up or otherwise frail already, but there is a defense there, I bet.

Additionally, it doesn't have to be force that will surely immediately kills you to respond in defense.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    People -have- died from being tasered. Most are probably drugged up or otherwise frail already, but there is a defense there, I bet.

Additionally, it doesn't have to be force that will surely immediately kills you to respond in defense.

So, my scenario is legit?

IMO, if they have a stun gun and hit me with it, they could easily come over my limp body, take my firearm and kill me with it.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I have a feeling that a lawyer would use that statement as one hell of a nail in a coffin.

Indeed. America...government of the attorneys, by the attorneys and FOR the attorneys. Seem to recall that the only groups of people that the Lord cursed were attorneys and bankers. Go figure.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    If someone other than law enforcement (or someone whom I cannot identify as law enforcement) pulls out a taser on me... I WILL defense my life. Make no mistake. In the aftermath of being tased you will NOT like be able to defend your life... so you ha d best do so before you get tased.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Ok if its a badguy with a Taser who knows you to have a handgun on your persons and deploys the probs on you, guess how many times he can pull the trigger to incapacitate you to get to your gun ? Please do consult with your attorney and this is only my opinion.

Top Bottom