taser justify deadly force?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    In the aftermath of being tased you will NOT like be able to defend your life... so you ha d best do so before you get tased.

Yes you can. Have you ever even been tased? as soon as the juice stops flowing, your good to go. When we got certified with them, we fought, got tased, then got right back up and fought again. The affect only lasts as long as th device is discharging.

Same thing with OC spray. It hurts like a bitch, but won't stop you from fighting.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I know you said civy vs civy but a while back in houma, a trooper pulled a guy over which led to a foot chase. Trooper pulled taser and suspect punched him and got it from him. Deployed probes into trooper and began to repeditevly shock while pulling on his sidearm. Luckily the retention holster was not figuered out and the trooper was able to draw his weapon and shoot the suspect. Suspect is paralized from the waist down now and sued the state police stating trooper used deadly force causing him to be paralized and all he had was a taser............ who knows...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Dunno, but _I_ damn sure will. In addition the fact that the taser could un-do my heart repair job, it has been established that tasers and stun guns render one helpless; i.e., fear for your life, etc., etc.

I was going to say anybody with a pace maker... It *is* deadly force met with deadly force.

Just finished up a drama romance novel... The killers preferred method was stun them, lock them in a trunk, drug them in a hotel room and dump the battered, raped bodies two days later. Not my idea of a good time. And certainly feasible in the threat department.

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    The affect only lasts as long as th device is discharging.
    Just a note, the C2 I have has a run time of 30 seconds. That's 30 long seconds of laying there with 50,000 volts ripping through you. The Idea is to give the shooter/ good guy a chance to put the C2 on the ground and run away while badguy convulses on the pavement for 30 seconds. Of course, if you don't put it down you can fire it a third or forth time. Just keep the juice flowing. Heck, the battery is supposed to be good enough so that you could fire the barbs into someone, call Dominoes and have a pizza delivered and still be zapping the guy when your delivery arrives. But I think they expect you to call the police instead of Dominoes. I'll have to look that up to make sure. :)

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just a note, the C2 I have has a run time of 30 seconds. That's 30 long seconds of laying there with 50,000 volts ripping through you. The Idea is to give the shooter/ good guy a chance to put the C2 on the ground and run away while badguy convulses on the pavement for 30 seconds. Of course, if you don't put it down you can fire it a third or forth time. Just keep the juice flowing. Heck, the battery is supposed to be good enough so that you could fire the barbs into someone, call Dominoes and have a pizza delivered and still be zapping the guy when your delivery arrives. But I think they expect you to call the police instead of Dominoes. I'll have to look that up to make sure. :)

I read an "expectation" as not being a "requirement," so I say run with plan A!!!

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Yes you can. Have you ever even been tased? as soon as the juice stops flowing, your good to go. When we got certified with them, we fought, got tased, then got right back up and fought again. The affect only lasts as long as th device is discharging.

Same thing with OC spray. It hurts like a bitch, but won't stop you from fighting.
    I see... I guess I shouldn't have used the word aftermath. So... let me get this straight... DURING the period I'm being tased, the person tasing me couldn't POSSIBLY gain the upper hand and use his hands, feet, a club, a knife, a gun or any other weapon to kill me? Wanna give some homicidal thug the opportunity and we'll all just stand there and wait for your bad self to get "right back up" to fight again? Didn't think so... :rolleyes:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So you mistype something, I correct your statement and you get all pissy about it? How does my statement make me look like I'm "bad"? I know what it's like, as do most officers certified with the taser.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I immediately felt alpinehyperlite was incorrect with his advice. We wouldn't be able to just shrug it off and keep fighting... Blah blah blah.

However I don't think he meant they're not "effective". I think he was trying to give us the version of "Keep fighting, don't lay down and die" victim mentality avoidance peptalk. And you have to admit, it's always a good reminder in any one of these types of discussions. Don't quit fighting.

Unless he's not... and then I'm going to have to go with the others and indicate a few posts above where one of our senior (but not "senior"!!) LEO's considers them to be very dangerous. :)

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I stand by what I said. It was said that after being tased, You CANNOT defend your life. I just stated the fact that AFTER being tased, the ability is there to get back into the fight and defend yourself. WHILE being tased, you just want to **** your pants, curl up into the fetal position and die. But as soon as the cycle is complete, 99.99% of the time there are little or no effects with the exception of two small puncture wounds from the probes, and sore muscles from involuntary contractions of just about every muscle in your body.

I never said they are not dangerous in the hands of the wrong person, because they are extremely dangerous.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Did you mean during a robbery situation or neighbors/friends/relatives escalating the situation?

Police: Store Owner Shoots, Kills Robber

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City business owner shot and killed a man who attempted to rob the business Sunday evening, police said.

Officers were called to the Hydroponics Store in the 3600 block of St. John Avenue just after 5 p.m.

When officers arrived, a man who identified himself as the store owner told police that a man entered the store and tried to rob him using a Taser-type device. Police said the store owner shot the robber at least once. The robber ran off and drove away.

A short time later, police received a 911 call saying an SUV matching the description of the robber's vehicle had overturned at St. John Avenue and Benton Boulevard. When police arrived, they said a man matching the robber's description was lying on the ground outside the car. He was taken to a hospital, but died a short time later. Police identified him as Christopher L. Kublic, 28, of Washington State. Investigators said Kublic had moved to Kansas City within the last month.
    http://www.kmbc.com/r/18721305/detail.html

Gas Station Clerk Fires Gun at Robbery Suspects

The clerk said he was just finishing up a shift at the gas station and was sitting in his car warming it up. He said two men approached him and used a taser to stun him. Because he was wearing a thick coat, the stun gun didn't do much good.

The clerk said he had to act quickly to protect himself. He pulled the gun he was wearing on his waist. He fired two shots and he believes one of the attackers was hit. Both men ran away.
    http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/gas-station-clerk-fires-gun-at-robbery-suspects-121310

:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom