Taurus Curve, anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    <snipped>If you can buy and shoot every gun you talk about, I envy your gun budget! :)

<snipped>.

I don't like to comment on something I don't at least have second hand knowlege of, unless it's to say I'm interested or not interested. There is a big difference between saying "I have no interest" and saying something is better used as a boat anchor.
    One is an obvious expression of an opinion, and the other implies explicit knowledge.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Bottom line is, why would you give a **** what brand it is? If it works, it works. It's a self defense tool. That's all that it is. Nice is one thing. Works is another. Some work a LOT better than others. Why would you ever buy an inferior tool for something that you stake your life, and that of your spouse and children, on? You cannot put a price on that safety factor. If you wouldn't give everything you have, including personal comfort, for your family, then I guess you're living a shitty life.

In short............ just get the glock.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Bottom line is, why would you give a **** what brand it is? If it works, it works. It's a self defense tool. That's all that it is. Nice is one thing. Works is another. Some work a LOT better than others. Why would you ever buy an inferior tool for something that you stake your life, and that of your spouse and children, on? You cannot put a price on that safety factor. If you wouldn't give everything you have, including personal comfort, for your family, then I guess you're living a shitty life.

In short............ just get the glock.

I can't argue with that. Although I went with the Bodyguard .380 for my mouse blaster, I'd be fine with the Glock also.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I can't argue with that. Although I went with the Bodyguard .380 for my mouse blaster, I'd be fine with the Glock also.

Well... if you're blasting mice... But I'm not a big dude, and I have no problem concealing a G19. And I can count the times it's failed on me with zero hands.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've seen more Taurus revolvers malfunction, some to the point they won't fire, than any Glock/S&W/Springfield. Taurus makes sub-par quality firearms. A gimmicky firearm, from a sub-par company, IS going to receive negative comments with or without personal experiences. It's the nature of the beast.

(That being said, a friend of mine has a Taurus Raging Bull .454, PT1911, and PT111 (IIRC) and they all function fine.)

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Well... if you're blasting mice... But I'm not a big dude, and I have no problem concealing a G19. And I can count the times it's failed on me with zero hands.

110% This. A weapon is a tool... if it performs the job it was created for, done! That being said, I don't buy socket ratchets or really any tools from China for a reason. The curve may be a great conceptual design, and bring a couple of features together on a single platform, but any way you slice it, it's not for everyone. This pistol has a few things going for it... and a few going against it right out of the box.

Pro:
    1. Integration of devices normally costing additional money with added weight, bulk, etc.
    2. Form-fitting design when being pocket carried (though most pocket holsters can give you somewhat of the same concealment).
    3. Sights - The sights are an innovative approach to targeting. In a pinch, they are simple and pretty much, if you can line up the bore on target, you can hit what you're aiming at.

Con:
    1. Cheaply made. Feels cheep, looks cheep.
    2. It's a Taurus... oh and... it's a Taurus!
    3. It reminds me more of a pepper-spray device.
    4. Sights - I prefer a more accurate means of target acquisition other than just pointing the weapon at a target with most of it obstructed by the actual weapon while trying to fire.
    5. The "Curve" of the frame - it feels like if you hold the weapon straight, you need to give your hand a little "twist" to line up on target.

It actually reminds me of a Derringer in a sense of it takes some experience with the weapon to accurately and reliably employ it.

This firearm is non-conventional as I mentioned above, which may work well for new shooters... but it definitely doesn't lend itself to those who have ever picked up a conventional firearm... EVER! Again, nice "concept"... but I wouldn't stake my life on it. Now a Glock on the other hand... tried and true, proven, solid. Then again, so are so many others... A LOT better option. What's next? a one-time use weapon that can just be discarded like a juice box after use? To me, that's the feeling of this pistol.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Jack, I enjoy your posts.

No need to insert strawmen into this. Your nail driving ability was never questioned.
    It's nice that you bring up people with experience shooting pistols. I have more than a little myself.
    Wound mechanisms? The performance of the .380 was never in question.
    6 > 5, last time I checked, but capacity was never questioned.

Personally, I like guns. Old guns, new guns. Steel guns, plastic guns. Red guns, blue guns. Don't talk to me about Ruger though, I don't like them. As I have a personal dislike for Ruger, I don't tend to comment much in threads about Ruger.

Look dude, it's pretty simple: Sig puts out a new model and people praise it without even seeing a picture. If it's a brand that people like to look down their noses at, it's called a POS before being seen, touched, or fired. That's all I was talking about. It doesn't give a new member here a good picture. I was told this site had a bunch of knowledgeable folks on it, and it does. Although, scrolling past a bunch of uninformed personal bias might lead someone to believe otherwise.

Was there any uninformed personal bias in my post? I can only speak for myself, but I try to judge things based on their merits. The brand isn't important to me. I've said, in this thread, I'm not a fan of the G42 for some of the same reasons I'm not a fan of the curve. I only own glock pistols.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Yep. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, you're screwed. If you don't like the way a personal life-saving device feels, just deal with it, and train to use it anyway. I'm yet to meet someone who likes the way a normal life vest feels, but you know what? They still wear them. Gimmicks like this are just useless unless you want a toy to play with, period.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is the best reason to NOT carry a 380.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me guess, you carry a fawty five?

OhNoNotAgain.gif

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I told you, it ain't BS unless it goes full retard on page 2.

Let's fuel page 3.

"Taurus curve looks awesome" - if you're right handed and like the look- thats you.
    "But its a taurus and taurus sucks" - yeah. how many people bough the judge? thx. sucks doesnt stop sales.
    "but its a .380" - history says it kills just fine. ever asked someone thats been shot with both which one hurt more? care to volunteer for the cause? thx.
    "you just like glock" - reliability does that, and the g42 is still stupid.
    "you cant conceal a G19" - lose 10 pounds and try again in the same clothing.
    ".380 are easier to conceal" - sometimes. I've seen .223's and .45's smaller than this curve. doesn't mean its a good ccw.
    "i want it cause curve" - get it bro. why justify your $.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    new-stupid-gun thread meets brand debate with a bit of caliber debate sprinkled on top.

how could this thread possibly go wrong...

Hey man, better this than another thread about "OMG DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END JESUS SAVE US FROM THE GAYS!!!!!!!!!!!" This IS a gun forum after all.

Top Bottom