The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I just dropped my paperwork in the mail on January 22nd, so I am not expecting it back just yet. I did not do the digital fingerprint thing. Hopefully, with all the crazy around the country regarding gun ownership, my paperwork will not be delayed any more than is normal. I guess only time will tell.

stubbornox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I mailed mine from Shreveport 12/17/2012, Today is Feburary 18 2013. I called they said they entered my application into the system on January 31st, and it would be 90-120 days from the 31st.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Dropped mine off 2-11-13 at the LSP in Baton Rouge and did the digital finger prints there. Was told it would be between 90-120 days due to the backlog. My son did his in November and get it in about 3 weeks.

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    Mine took 2-3 weeks if I remember. Probably closer to two because I remember being surprised at how quick it was. However, I delivered mine to the LSP HQ myself at the same time I got finger printed.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I just called to verify my application had been received and the lady said it had not been received as yet. I put my completed application in the mail on January 22 and they have not received it as yet. The lady did say they were running about a month behind and had about 20 buckets of mail to get through.

If you have the opportunity, definitely go to the LSP HQ and do a drop off.

I guess I will stop secretly hoping its in the mail when I check it every day, while really hoping my Dillon catalogue is in the mail. No sight of either one so far.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    Well, when I called about 10 days ago, they had still not received my application. I called back today and in only a mere 7 weeks, they have received my application and are now processing it. Mary told me it would likely be about 60 days until I receive my permit. Well, happy birthday to me in May I guess.
    I'm actually not upset about the wait, just thought I'd share my timeline for those of you still waiting. If my processing truly does take 60 days, my wait will have been 109 days from mailing it to receipt.

kae6511

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Dropped mine off 2-11-13 at the LSP in Baton Rouge and did the digital finger prints there. Was told it would be between 90-120 days due to the backlog. My son did his in November and get it in about 3 weeks.

i dropped mine off the same day. have you recieved yours yet

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was with someone today that submitted their permit application at the end of January and received their permit in today's mail - approximately 6 weeks.

Northshoreboar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Madisonville
    I dropped mine off at the state police headquarters in BR on 2/22/13 and had my fingerprints scanned there. I wonder if they have officially "received" my application yet. Is the processing time quicker when you drop it off or is the only difference the mail time?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    The processing time seems to be quicker with a drop off and digital print taken. At least that seems to be the story with people posting in this thread, and I have no reason to doubt them. However, I myself had to resort to the mail as I had to work and wouldn't have been able to make it to LSPHQ for a few weeks to do any sort of drop off.

Top Bottom