The Banned members -- When OT was "Fun"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    +1

The Admin really should go back 5 years or so and review the quality content that was being posted and how the mods ran the show back then.

And what would that show? What are the kids doing now that prevents you or others from posting quality content? I know that question comes across as sarcastic but you're suggesting that a cause and effect relationship exists today but you aren't explaining it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And what would that show? What are the kids doing now that prevents you or others from posting quality content? I know that question comes across as sarcastic but you're suggesting that a cause and effect relationship exists today but you aren't explaining it.

Perez, I see that you have only been here a few years so I can understand your confusion. This place had a different feel to it years ago but I can’t narrow down what happened to one thing. Maybe some of it has to do with replying in classifieds as mentioned in other threads, maybe it is lack of participating members, who knows but it just isnt the same. I guess the saying “ you had to be there” fits this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Classifieds going back to replys. If members could be constructive with comments. I see them working other places but members self, moderate them well. As well as report the responses that are out of line.
    Not knock guys what ever they are selling, or say i can get one for what ever.
    And not have it turn into Ebay
    Where someone post a Glock 19 Gen 4 at $500. And some says 200....250...275 and on
    It was out of hand before for the Mods and Admins
    But I would be for it if we could do/ be like other places are like mentioned above

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Perez, I see that you have only been here a few years so I can understand your confusion. This place had a different feel to it years ago but I can’t narrow down what happened to one thing. Maybe some of it has to do with replying in classifieds as mentioned in other threads, maybe it is lack of participating members, who knows but it just isnt the same. I guess the saying * you had to be there* fits this situation.

I was typing while ya was.
    I look kinda new, but was a long time lurker. as all i did was look at 1st 48 and this site while in chemo or bed for years.
    Was easier to read and watch. So I know how it was.
    The CMP Board has replys in ads but members are very helpful. As well as Ask for more pics ect. Or give info on items someone else is selling. When a seller does not know what they are selling, give constructive info. Wrong stock on 1903 or that is a Win part on that Springfield.
    No disrespecting the seller or the item being sold
    And if that does happen the Mods are brutal
    And so are the other members

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Perez, I see that you have only been here a few years so I can understand your confusion. This place had a different feel to it years ago but I can’t narrow down what happened to one thing. Maybe some of it has to do with replying in classifieds as mentioned in other threads, maybe it is lack of participating members, who knows but it just isnt the same. I guess the saying “ you had to be there” fits this situation.

I get the "you had to be there" thing. And I wasn't there then. And I've only been really active in the last year or so, maybe a little longer. But it's either possible to go back to the way things were or it's not. If it is, what might need to change to start in that direction? If it's not possible, does talking about how it used to be help the current site?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

And what would you suggest the folk who run the show do differently?

Here is a suggestion.
    Don’t **** off those that pay for a subscription to the forum.
    Was a Gold Contributer for years. I’ve since downgraded.
    I was given an *infraction* for thread bumping that does not expire.
    I posted an ad. Forgot to upload a pic. Immediately replied to the thread posting a picture. I was given an infraction for thread bumping. Total BS.
    Pisses me off every time I see it on my page.

bbaed99e17dffbc6aa14c52f2b09d427.jpg

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I do not care who it is. It could be home or any other member that was banned.
    I could go threw all the banned members ISP' and look at them and compare them to Leads But why?
    Kinda funny thread so far as it is now. Laissez les bons temps rouler
    If it gets out of hand
    https://youtu.be/nm6DO_7px1I

Hey, Just throwing it out there, It is a funny thread like you said

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I have a suggestion:

How bout' this -- when you click on *New Posts* it lists all of the new posts EXCEPT for classified posts.......problem solved!

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

One of the first things I would do differently if I was in charge is: Reach out to owners of local training groups and organizers of competition shooting events and ask them to again get active “give them free advertising if needed just get them active”!! Then next get the LEOs that used to clear up info on laws back active. The problem with starting topics on BS lately is the lack of quality info in replies.

I was a paying member for a few years but why pay if there’s no quality info?? Admins need to swallow the pride and reach out to the quality members and site sponsors that left.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

One of the first things I would do differently if I was in charge is: Reach out to owners of local training groups and organizers of competition shooting events and ask them to again get active “give them free advertising if needed just get them active”!! Then next get the LEOs that used to clear up info on laws back active. The problem with starting topics on BS lately is the lack of quality info in replies.

I was a paying member for a few years but why pay if there’s no quality info?? Admins need to swallow the pride and reach out to the quality members and site sponsors that left.

I think you are on the right track but I would guess money gets in the way. I also agree with the LE thing also but here is the problem:

1) LEO got tired of arguing with “street side lawyers” over topics. LEOs would give the answer as they apply it daily and some anti govt type would come along and start a fight.

2) Moderators at the time had no problem with said anti govt type spouting their BS as long as it was driving views up(that=$$$$)

I will say that Austin has done a decent job recently of getting rid of a few problems but I think the damage was already done.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Here is a suggestion.
    Don’t **** off those that pay for a subscription to the forum.
    Was a Gold Contributer for years. I’ve since downgraded.
    I was given an *infraction* for thread bumping that does not expire.
    I posted an ad. Forgot to upload a pic. Immediately replied to the thread posting a picture. I was given an infraction for thread bumping. Total BS.
    Pisses me off every time I see it on my page.

bbaed99e17dffbc6aa14c52f2b09d427.jpg

Just curious, were you giving a warning or was it straight to the infraction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom