The Official Rimfire Pic Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Just got my CZ 455 Varmint .17 HMR today and installed my Mueller 4-16x50 A0 Sport Dot scope and yeah the 50obj is almost on the barrel I have a DIP rail on order but for now, here are some pictures...out the box 2lb trigger.

7855272_orig.jpg

6265708_orig.jpg

3969196_orig.jpg

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Just a few from the gun safe. First Colt Gold Cup Trophy made by Walther.
    PICT0032.jpg
    A well used Ruger Single Six. I bought this at a gun show years back and stripped the peeling finish from the grip frame and ejector housing then polished both. It came out pretty good I think.
    PICT0094.jpg
    American Arms PK22 a very fun gun to shoot.
    PICT0106.jpg
    New England Firearms 9 shot stainless snubby.
    PICT0012.jpg

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Just got all my parts in and put it together.
    From factory to above.
    uhy5ajag.jpg

2a8evumu.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399164178.546989.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399164178.546989.jpg
      111.3 KB · Views: 247
    Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    My rugerr 2245 lite with warlock II on it. Also my walther PPKS 22

tSKXtfJ.jpg

JoIWV72.jpg

vewFncA.jpg

Savage FVSR, same can, and a cheap bsa scope

f8rOKKF.jpg

Ruger 1022 with Promag Marauder stock and SBX barrel and Warlock 2.

Rk639U2.jpg

ZY3xiXP.jpg

Last edited:

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    69beee1e-f034-4507-80fc-ad4f13fc6f3c_zpslfozmotq.jpg

RAR w/ Aftermarket bolt handle, Boyd's stock, DNZ mount, Nikon Rimfire scope.

It's the threaded barrel version.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    DSC_0020_zpsih0da8q2.jpg

Here's my 3 ruger 10/22's in 3 different stocks. I'm looking for a 3rd, but don't know if I want to build a 22lr AR, but an M&P15-22 or build another 10/22. The 10/22's are reliable and I built each one for a specific reason. One for me, and 1 for each of my God children.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    check out the colt AR pattern 22s. you can barely tell that it isnt a .223 AR. I have an M&P15-22. I like it, but I am king of lusting after the colt/walther AR.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    check out the colt AR pattern 22s. you can barely tell that it isnt a .223 AR. I have an M&P15-22. I like it, but I am king of lusting after the colt/walther AR.

I hear the M&P's are more reliable, and I know from experience that black dog mags/CMMG conversion mags are a PITB to load....

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I hear the M&P's are more reliable, and I know from experience that black dog mags/CMMG conversion mags are a PITB to load....

I couldnt comment on reliability of one vs the other. I havent shot the colt/walther 22 AR. The only mags that ill use in the 15-22 are the factory ones. the plinker tactical ones really are a bear to load and are not reliable.

the one thing that i hate about the 15-22 is the barrel system. if you're not careful, it is super easy to rotate the barrel when changing the muzzle device or rail.

My drawbacks on it:

it looks like you're into NFA stuff too, so I'll also mention that having a plastic receiver puts a damper on SBRing the thing. It's probably the only reason why i havent SBRed it.

Also- S&W decided to thread the barrels with AR length threads. to screw on a can, you have to make or buy a thread spacer, which is silly.

The charging handles break. you will want to put a metal one in it.

I still really like the gun, it just isnt perfect.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I couldnt comment on reliability of one vs the other. I havent shot the colt/walther 22 AR. The only mags that ill use in the 15-22 are the factory ones. the plinker tactical ones really are a bear to load and are not reliable.

the one thing that i hate about the 15-22 is the barrel system. if you're not careful, it is super easy to rotate the barrel when changing the muzzle device or rail.

My drawbacks on it:

it looks like you're into NFA stuff too, so I'll also mention that having a plastic receiver puts a damper on SBRing the thing. It's probably the only reason why i havent SBRed it.

Also- S&W decided to thread the barrels with AR length threads. to screw on a can, you have to make or buy a thread spacer, which is silly.

The charging handles break. you will want to put a metal one in it.

I still really like the gun, it just isnt perfect.

The "Walther" AR is made by Umarex... A mostly Airsoft designer. It's barrel is a thin tube insert into a really long barrel shroud. The weapon looks "tactical" buts it's garbage. I'm surprised Walther licensed it's name to it... Or "Colt"!!

The Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22's barrel is only retained by two small plastic pins. If you attempt to take the muzzle break off, chances are you sheared those pins off... That's why your barrel rotates. You need a special tool to remove the barrel nut or tighten it to prevent the turning... Or get a new upper.

Plinker Tactical makes a great charging handle replacement for the poly handle that it comes with. Though I've never had one break.

As for the suppressor, my gemtech threads fine and seats properly no spacer needed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428186349.898534.jpg

I've pretty much done every mod possible to my 15-22... It's a beast. I love the 15-22, however, I would opt for a dedicated .22LR upper for my AR-15 if I were going to start over. Much more versatility.

Mods/addons -
    Magpul BAD Lever
    KNS anti walk pins
    Magpul 60 degree safety
    Barrel Nut adapter to standard threads
    Aluminum handguard system
    Dust cover
    Plinker tactical extended charging handle
    Barrel shroud
    Troy ambi magazine release
    Magpul ACS stock
    Magpul MOE rubberized grip
    CMC drop in Match trigger
    Magpul AFG
    Magpul MBUS set

If I think of anything else I will update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I put mine in a clamp, the barrel doesnt rotate. it is super easy to much up the barrel though. Silencerco cans need the spacer. S&W threaded the barrel to AR length, S -co's cans are 22 length threads.

I broke the plastic handle within 3 range trips. I have the plinker one with the extended handle on mine now. I have the KNS pins and a timney trigger in mine.

I still just use irons, although i did replace the factory ones with troy HK style irons and put a KNS crosshair post in the front sight.

Like I said, i like it, but it isnt perfect.

If i did it over again, i'd have just bought a 22 upper as well.

But, I've got the gun, i like it. :)

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Below is my 10/22 that was the first gun I purchased on my own. I was 18 and did a lot of camping and canoeing on rivers. I was interested in one of those floating survival rifles. The gun shop, Parish Arms in Metairie, did what any good gun shop would. He talked me out of the cheap survival gun and showed me this. It came with the Choate Black Warrior folding stock and everything in the photo except the red dot. It was the "sporter" model and didn't come with a barrel band. ParISH Arms offered me $60 for the wooden stock. I never saw the original stock, but understand it was nicer than the standard. It included a plastic barrel shroud that snapped onto the barrel. The metal snap scratches the barrel, which is what led to the Duracoat job. I wanted a dark gray color and had the lighter gray used on the mark ii below. I mixed the "snow gray" with "black oxide" and got what I was wanting. I painted all of the plastic on the stock with the black oxide color to even out the finish and trimmed the metal in the same color as the rifle. The red dot is a cheap optic that had a rubberized coating on it. The rubber got sticky so I removed it and decided what the heck, paint it too. It's been a very reliable gun and I recently added the Ruger 25rd mag.

The Ruger MKII below that is my first handgun. I convinced my dad to buy it for me when I was 18 ( 82-83) I have run a lot of rounds through this and it was starting to show some age. There was some minor pitting on the front of the grip frame and a few scratches here and there. Normal wear I suppose. I looked into getting re-blued and came across other coatings like gunkote,duracoat, etc. Duracoat seemed easiest to apply and had a million colors. This was my first experiment with duracoat. I wanted a two tone look, but the gray is lighter than what I wanted. I wanted what I eventually got on the 10/22. For the frame, I used a flat black high temp header paint from autozone. It needed to be baked, but produced a durable finish. I liked the duracoat so much, I bought some more and refinished an old shotgun and obviously the 10/22.

I also have a Marlin Glenfield 60 ( like everyone else, right?) I got it for Christmas when I was 14 or 15. I always tell my kids that I know what that kid on 'A Christmas Story' felt like when he got that BB gun. It's got the squirrel engraving on the stock. It's in very good condition with a few scratches. I've been thinking about refinishing the stock and possibly more duracoat, but it has much sentimental value and I'll probably leave it like it is.

My last rimfire is an H&R 999. A friend had a Single Six that I really liked. The problem was, in 1985, I didn't have the cash for one. Good 'ole Parish Arms had a double action 22 revolver from H&R. I liked it, but they only had it in 4 inch barrel. I really wanted a six. He explained H&R appeared to be going out of business and he wasn't likely able to acquire one. This was before Al Gore invented the internet. Well, I bought it, but never really got into shooting it like the MKII. It sat in my safe for years, then I saw Numrich had a six inch barrel. I ordered it, installed it and now have that 6 inch revolver that I wanted. The only problem is where my 4 iunch barrel loks brand new, this one has scartches and wear on it. Making the gun appear more used than it is. Oh well, maybe another refinish job is in order.

rm63go.jpg

2a7ahqg.jpg

Top Bottom