The point of no return...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, so i'm sitting here relaxing after a great workout and watching FOX news while eating some Taco/Chili soup I made and I honestly think that we as a nation are so F'd up that there is no hope for us. Every time I turn on the TV to watch national news (and even local sometimes) most of what I see is corruption, money being wasted, and political figures going against what seems (to me) to be common sense with regards to gun possession, tax dollar investments, and numerous other issues our country faces.

I just saw a story about how criminals are collecting unemployment checks while being incarcerated across the country. WTF

We see stories of gov't run organizations squandering away OUR MONEY on frivolous expenses such as banquets and other countries' employees that benefit we the people in NO way shape or form. WTF

The president/VP/liberals honestly believe that taking legally owned guns away and banning the sale of specific models will reduce crime. WTF

All this BS with people being "entitled" to get free stuff for nothing. WTF

These are just a few of the examples that come to my head at this moment. But seriously, what are we (the US) becoming? How in the world can such major dumb dumb decisions (paying inmates unemployment, gov't squandering money, gov't lying/not giving the whole truth with regards to issues in our country and overseas) be made with absolutely NO ONE being held accountable?

In a nutshell, how can we the people see all this BS happening and not be able to do anything about it? Sure we elect the officials, but then they can do whatever they want (for the most part) with little to no consequences. I feel that perhaps we the US have become too big for our own good. Is our gov't is getting corrupted to the point where drastic measures need to be taken? I realize I'm young and haven't been through as much as many of the members on this forum, but after these next 4 years where do you guys think we will stand as a nation? From my viewpoint I see us slowly but surely marching to what could potentially be another civil war if the gov't continues to be shady and corrupt.

Sorry for the long read, I guess this was a semi rant post. Feel free to discuss or berate me if you guys think I'm out of line or plain wrong about the position we are all in right now.

:dunno:

Last edited:

5vegas

Smoke em
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Metairie
    I feel your frustrations!
    I myself was watching the news and had to start a murder # thread.

Uggghhhh

"sent from my phone using my fingers while drinking rum"

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Speedster,

No need to feel out of line -- the emotions you feel are (IMHO) the exact disenchantment the "other" side is aiming for. They divide, divide, and divide so that each subdivision feels helpless to do anything about it alone. So long as they can keep up the flood of language and propaganda, you will spend most of your time disseminating it and none on action. So long as you feel alone, without a leader to look toward, the more frustrated (and helpless) you become to take action.

Here's a great youtube video:

The truth is, you are not alone. I think you are just unsure of what direction will make any "difference." I'm not sure anyone can wave a magic wand to make an immediate difference -- but our great Country wasn't founded in a blink. It cost blood, sweat and tears. And it isn't being taken from us in a blink... they have been doing it bit by bit for decades via education, legal appointees, bureaucracies, placements. We can take it back, but it has to be more than words. It has to be ACTION (not necessarily violent -- but rather persistent WITHOUT exception).

This weekend I'll be spending just a little time with a group I communicate with often. We're growing slowly, we help each other out, and we do the next right thing. One thing we don't do is sit still. Start tossing out some ideas. There's some smart boogers on here and a lot of us feel the same way you do sometimes.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Didn't you watch the O'Rilley factor where the woman in Pa. admits to collecting $80.000 in welfare benefits? Go figure our nanny state and who's paying for it . She says she's stuck in this because she can't make that much money working !

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    As a collective mass no we are not there. IMHO we will never be there again. The government will appease the masses and keep them comfortable enough.

Now a FEW people may say they have had enough but that will be another episode.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    This stuff has been happening for a long time. It's nothing new. With the internet and 24 hour news networks you're just aware of it more than you were 20 years ago. It's nothing to panic over it's just history repeating. If you want to know what will happen in the future all you need to do is study the past.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    With Rome as an archetype, there will likely be civil wars in our country. Not now, not yet, but you are seeing the framework fleshed out when you see Sheriffs and Counties and whole States that are defying Federal dictates. People are taking sides---some quietly---some rather loudly, but everyone is taking a side, or being swept along with their peers onto a side to one-day wake up there. I hope that things de-escalate, but historically, Republics always end this way. Remember that community and regional leaders/office holders are people, too---and by nature, many ACTUALLY ARE, leaders, some may escalate, antagonized and/or counter-antagonizing their constituents in the effort, and the pot will boil over. If we do end up with a legitimate civil war vs. a "large riot", it will be because of differences between influential members of areas of the country that are somewhat homogenous in their belief-system among the populace (which will back the leader---emboldened by their regional dictates--ex: "We will prosecute any federal agent who tries to confiscate a firearm." and the leader simultaneously emboldened by the "army" supporting them.) and a Federal power that opposes it. It will begin small, and then the regional figure heads and people behind them, and the federal government will quickly decide how things go, and the neighbors of said area and other areas that are near a boiling point will follow suite, and history will be made once again. I simply hope that that time is beyond all of our natural life-spans, because according to people I know who have killed others, there is no joy in it, and certainly no honor or glory to be found in shooting our fellow countrymen, regardless of whether they march under the Blue or the Red, as it were.

Just my .02, from paying attention at a school that actually taught history.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ...republics don't usually end in civil wars. Republics usually fall in coups to a dictator. Go read moar history.

Who, exactly, stages this coup? Civilians may not be the first ones to be involved in armed conflict, but I guarantee you that they will be involved one way or the other. Drafted by one side/group, or joining voluntarily, or maybe just joined to get through college and found themselves deployed against a political rival on US soil.

People try to separate civilian/LE/Military so hard, and to me, they are all just different limbs of the same body that makes up our once great nation. They are all people, doing jobs, serving their countrymen.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The only way this is going to stop is when the 51% of people that actually pay net taxes in the country, pull together in large groups or blocs and wipe their asses with their tax returns instead of sending these vermin money.

It will take alot of guts and fortitude (I don't know if we have the stomach for it), to have several thousand people in the same areas just not send any more money until the system is completely reworked and transformed.

This will spread across the country very quickly and then you will see stuff getting done. The reason everyone is stealing is because those who don't contribute are NEVER going to stop, and those that pay are bitter and they are stealing, and those that are in government are stealing and wasting because it's not their money.

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Don't be a quitter. If rolling over and giving up is considered then yes it's beyond the point of return. But as Americans when has that happened? Isn't now by a long shot IMHO.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    but then they can do whatever they want (for the most part) with little to no consequences.

ding ding ding

Brother this is the climate of our current status as a nation.

Disclaimer; Before I make this post I'd like it to be known that it is FRIDAY! I've got no desire to start an all day war on MY OPINION. If this were Monday, maybe so but I'm not going to be defending this post all weekend long with someone who disagrees. Soooo Basically I'm calling a pre-truce of sorts :rofl:

Seriously this is JUST my opinion, and as far as today goes, if you disagree....ok not going to argue :dunno:
    now then.....

NO ONE wants to be held accountable, EVERYONE wants to do whatever they want to do.

Our laws reflect this. Live how you want, do what you want; anyone who opposes is a racist bigot of some sort. It's only going to get worse.

WITHOUT a Moral Compass, such as the one that has guided this GREAT NATION for so long but has been ripped off the wall here recently starting around 1963(IMHO), without that Moral Compass more and more laws will be passed allowing people to do JUST THAT. Whatever they want without repercussions.

Sadly, there will be repercussions and consequences.

SIDE NOTE; and IMO> I THINK This is why Christian philosophy is being shredded to pieces and why we see Christians pulling their hair out.

B/c Christianity imposes moral boundaries to live by;
    Something our Country no longer gives a **** about.
    pardon.gif

NONETHELESS! I have Hope. I believe that just as fast as it's headed downhill, we can pull the emergency break and put it in reverse. But it will not be easy.

The End/

Can we talk about guns? :D

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    ding ding ding

Brother this is the climate of our current status as a nation.

now then.....

NO ONE wants to be held accountable, EVERYONE wants to do whatever they want to do.

Our laws reflect this. Live how you want, do what you want; anyone who opposes is a racist bigot of some sort. It's only going to get worse.

WITHOUT a Moral Compass, such as the one that has guided this GREAT NATION for so long but has been ripped off the wall here recently starting around 1963(IMHO), without that Moral Compass more and more laws will be passed allowing people to do JUST THAT. Whatever they want without repercussions.

Sadly, there will be repercussions and consequences.

SIDE NOTE; and IMO> I THINK This is why Christian philosophy is being shredded to pieces and why we see Christians pulling their hair out.

B/c Christianity imposes moral boundaries to live by;
    Something our Country no longer gives a **** about.
    pardon.gif

NONETHELESS! I have Hope. I believe that just as fast as it's headed downhill, we can pull the emergency break and put it in reverse. But it will not be easy.

The End/

Can we talk about guns? :D

Interesting date picked Hitman....1963....the same year that a Sitting US President had his head blown off. Then again, that Assassination was solved by the Warren Commission. So all should be well.
    By the way, I totally agree with your point made. At the core of the issue is personal responsibility.

Last edited:

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    This stuff has been happening for a long time. It's nothing new. With the internet and 24 hour news networks you're just aware of it more than you were 20 years ago. It's nothing to panic over it's just history repeating. If you want to know what will happen in the future all you need to do is study the past.

Its tough not to panic when you have children....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Brotherman Bosco,
    you can't possibly believe that we live in the same Political and Moral Climate as did out Fathers and Grandfathers.

really you think that.... ?
    scratchhead.gif

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom