The recent events surrounding the USPSA scandal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I would think that most who shoot USPSA and are on FB have already seen this information but if not here is a link to the thread where it started. You can skip to post #112 to see where things really begin to come to light. Personally I think that the video evidence presented not just in this thread but other places show HUGE discrepancies and from what I understand USPSA is already begun "a process" for looking into the allegations. Take it for what it's worth but I along with some other local shooters who may chime in with their opinions on this thread do feel that these individuals have disgraced the sport and swift justice should be taken to protect the integrity of USPSA.

http://doodieproject.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/1758-huge-uspsa-cheating-scandal/

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    #112 and beyond is where things begin to unfold but this thing has gone viral in my opinion the last 24 hours. I am not looking to stir up trouble on BS or get put in time-out, just did not see anything posted on here so thought I would share.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
    ― Honest Abe

Seems fitting.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    If true, he will be eventually paying the price for such dishonesty. The NROI has a system in place for disciplining ROs and a procedure for any USPSA member to bring up a complaint for review. If this is true, it is so dishonorable that I would certainly hope that such cheating would be grounds for an individual to be banned from USPSA for life.

Such an incident, if true, makes a mockery of the "level playing field" that every USPSA RO/CRO/MD works so hard to maintain.

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    The real question in my mind is "How am I to conduct myself?"

Up to this point, I have been super-sportsman about it, but I have seen just plain incompetence in the last 2 GSSF matches I went to. While it rubbed me the wrong way and probably cost me when it comes to the placing/ prize table, I have been silent.

I don't want to be a jerk about it, but dang it, I am paying to compete. If I was just shooting for fun, I could just go to the range and save the travel and match fees. When is it appropriate to rock the boat?

I guess I was just brought up in that old school way of thinking, you stay classy and don't complain. But, it seems the world has changed and nice guys really do lose.

When do I say something without becoming a jerk?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    This will start a new trend. Shooters will be asking to see the timer. And in my opinion, they have every right to see it.
    I've always took pride in the fact that I have always treated all competitors as equals. If ANYONE earned a procedural or a DQ, they got it. If Mr. Overlay said "D", so did I. I know, for a fact, that Curtis is the same way. Friends used to call me "The Range Nazi" because I wasn't "giving" anything to anybody and I still don't.

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    This is a dark time for all shooters and RO's. From this point forward, EAPS RO's will show the timer to both the score keeper and the shooter once the range has been deemed clear to prevent any issues.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    And while you're at it you need to make sure the RO knows to glance at the timer on the last few shots to make sure it is recording. Saw a lot of that as a problem before I got busted up.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    While we're at it can we also have surprise chronos with proper surprise ammo collection? Where you don't get the whole squad at once but a few here and there until we get all. I think there are plenty out there getting away with cheating on PF.

I say that because back in the day EAPS busted a lot of folks that way.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have never seen any stage I was on at EAPS or even the one I attended at Amite where the timer wasn't shown to the scorer; and held up for others to see. And I only shoot for fun. Wouldn't some of the other shooters be suspicious that this guy never allows others to see the timer?

In Louisiana it is a crime punishable by jail time and/or fine to fix or rig a contest/rodeo for cash prizes or what not. I would hope that the state this fraud is in has similar laws.

Gee whiz! :doh: I could see doing this with the guys I train with on my property as a joke, but damn! What a tool!

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    While we're at it can we also have surprise chronos with proper surprise ammo collection? Where you don't get the whole squad at once but a few here and there until we get all. I think there are plenty out there getting away with cheating on PF.

I say that because back in the day EAPS busted a lot of folks that way.

+1000
    Also, in order to watch the last few shots, the scorer should stay with the time keeper to be the second set of eyes, such as watching for safety violations and ensuring targets are engaged. I've seen many times where in the essence of saving time the scorekeeper would stay back and begin to score before the run was completed. This leaves the RO on the timer alone to keep track of multiple things. This is only done during local level 1 matches, that I've seen.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm going to believe from this time forward that I'm actually an A class shooter that every RO I ever shot with lied about my score. :)

Now of course I'm being funny.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I really believe this is the action of one group of guys and in no way reflects any sort of local matches. As someone who runs the timer and keeps score, I usually let the scorekeeper visibly check the timer while I go through the unload and show clear commands. And they typically call it back to me after scoring to make sure we're on the same page.

I trust the local guys. I don't go look at my mikes (there's nothing to see) at local matches or go argue for points. If anyone wants to screw me over to beat me go for it.

And surprise chronos are all fine and dandy but make sure we can do it without making a hot summer day longer than it already is.

Top Bottom