This is another if the SHTF, which rifle would you choose thread, with restrictions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    My actual choice--> My Suppressed 300BLK SBR & Glock 17 w/TLR-1.

My answer based on your list--> Model 94 30-30 lever action

a470ea0728e6e3a1a32940ad08d17525.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitesquirrel44

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    I just looked up the X-Caliber chamber adapters. I have (6) 45 Colt/22lr adapters but they are not rifled. I wonder how accurate the X-Caliber adapters are. I'll have to google some reviews.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I know a guy who is left handed and didn't want a bolt gun, not even a left handed one, so I recommended a Remington 7600 police model in 308 Win..

yet.

You did him a great disservice. The old saying is that those guns send gunsmith's kids to the dentist....

Theres a reason milisurp/standard(ish) guns are used.

They are DESIGNED to be high volume/ hard use guns, whereas many commercial guns are not.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Any AKs or any variant.
    Any ARs or any variant.
    Any M14, M1a, Grande or 30 Carbine.
    Any military specific rifles, either in use, was used, or was designed for, such as FALs, SKSs, SCARs, AUGs, PS90s or anything like that.
    Any Military bolt guns, such as 1903s, 1917s, Mausers, Mosin Nagants & Enfields,
    Any 12ga pump or auto Shotguns.
    Any Scoped Deer rifles.
    Any Ruger 10/22s, all other 22s are acceptable.
    Any 50BMG rifles (lets keep it real) (for shits and gigs).

Paired with a carbine rifle:
    Any Glocks, M&Ps, 92FS or M9s.

There we go that sums it up thanks for playing end of the world scenario round 1,000,000,000,000

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Marlin Model 60 with my Ruger Single Six. Judging by the last gun scare, I better get my ass in line at Academy to start hoarding 22 rounds.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I was just reading part of the 1911 versus GLOCK fanboy battle royal and said to myself,"oh good this incredibly dumb internet argument again. No winners, no loses, unless you count the brain cells I stun reading such stupidity."

Then I said,"well they couldn't possibly have a dumber thread."

Page down a little and read another end of the world single firearm thread, "wow that's pretty well done before."

But then I make the mistake to open the thread and see that the OP has created a huge list of verboten firearms. That's new. And also dumb. So at least it's a new dumb thing instead of the same old dumb thing. And that's some thing....

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I was just reading part of the 1911 versus GLOCK fanboy battle royal and said to myself,"oh good this incredibly dumb internet argument again. No winners, no loses, unless you count the brain cells I stun reading such stupidity."

Page down a little and read another end of the world single firearm thread, "wow that's pretty well done before."

But then I make the mistake to open the thread and see that the OP has created a huge list of verboten firearms. That's new. And also dumb. So at least it's a new dumb thing instead of the same old dumb thing. And that's some thing....

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    Double barrel shotgun of choice. We've already ruled out anything with capacity.
    Just as well move towards multipurpose tools, and a crack-barrel shotgun is about as versatile as you get.

To play by the very stringent rules, I'd go Ruger Mini-14.
    Lever-action 30-30 would make the list as well.
    If we can add sub-guns, then I'd add a MP5, thompson, vector, or other full-auto pistol-caliber carbine. I generally avoid these suggestions (as equivalent intermediate "rifle" cartridges are simply better in every way), but for this game, they'd do fine.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The FN FiveSeven.
    FN5701.jpg

Or the Kel-Tec PMR-30.
    Untitled2.jpg

Unless they finally release the Kel-Tec CMR-30 or the RMR-30...
    rmr30scope3x.jpg

All of them hold 30 rounds (well.... 31!) ;).

Last edited:

whitesquirrel44

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    No one has mentioned AIR-SOFT yet. At least some of them look like real guns.

Dave

You're right, dumb idea. Everybody should go check out the 1911 vs Glock thread, it sounds really interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom