This seems unsafe....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    20160425_072435.jpg20160425_072420.jpg
    No idea how to rotate the image.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In all fairness to this company, those are for trap and skeet shooters. Unless you are a complete retard, you must always have your breach open while not in the box.

Now in reality to the morons in the gun world, the OP's title rings true! I guarantee this has been deployed and used in swamps and woods all over Louisiana! What better way to stalk squirrels than with a loaded shotgun or rifle resting on your foot! :mamoru:

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I can see many toes bring accidentally shot off. Ugh, people are dumb.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    When I was shooting skeet, almost everybody had them. Better than resting the barrel on the ground. Never saw anybody that was missing toes. Gus was always unloaded and action locked open on auto's, double barrels were open.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I am really in the mood to look on the bright side. It is better some guy blows his foot up instead of gut shooting me. Silver lining!!

I do know guy that too a 12 gauge to his heel. It is still a problem to this day.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lol, I saw those at wallyworld and kinda chuckled. Can't even hold a dang shotgun. Little sissies. Might as well put some pink tassels on them. I like the under the arm, muzzle down, hands in the pocket method when it's cold. Otherwise I just man up and hold that shotty with both hands if I have to. But I don't rest the muzzle on any part of my body.

It's just a fad... It'll pass

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    These kinds of things have been around for many many years. Trap shooters have been doing this for years. Usually the action is open but not always.

Most of us don't remember when guns were mere tools rather than these collectible things that people need to be super careful with.

Look at old photos and you will likely see the men of days gone by posing with their guns......some resting on their foot muzzle down or on the ground. Men (and women I suppose) used common sense and most rifles and shotguns then had Hammers so they were never in any real danger of shooting their foot off.

Gun safety is a good thing but there are still ways to safely do something like that without being in any real danger. It just freaks people out these days with everyone needing a safety rule and warning for every thing now days.

Top Bottom