To call or shoot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Ed, yes, the Concealed Handgun Permit Class (See JBP, I made sure not to use an acronym there to avoid hurting your feelings) is different in Louisiana than what it is in Texas. I would recommend you take the class here, in order to avoid any further confusion.

Esta espanol tu lengua primera?

Thanks for your recommendation! By the way I don't speak Spanish ..

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    ed - If I can call 911 and avert a confrontation that would be the best scenario. If time does not allow and the perp is in my home or armed it could end badly. In either case STFU and don't give a statement without council. :)

Thank you! That ideal is just what I want to hear instead of people stepping all over me and no help at all!!

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    giving you the benefit of doubt... or lack of IQ... and for the benefit of newbies reading the board.

Ed, they're implying that you're a fed (or worse, media) trying to get us to admit that we would theoritically kill an intruder (and maybe dispose of the body) rather than involve the authorities... While I can understand the wish to avoid the legal hassles of involving the police, I think 99% of the members of this board would do the right thing.
    Whether I would call 911 vs deal w/ an intruder first would be a tactical decision made based upon my own safety and the safety of my family. The safety of the intruder would be far down on my list of priorities but not off it, considering the legal entanglements for taking that action. Obviously the correct thing to do is to barricade yourself and your family in a safe room and defend it while waiting for the police.
    Taking an LA CCW course would be a wise move even if you're not going to obtain a LA ccw. A large part of the course is the classroom work covering
    justifiable homicide. Very little is devoted to being able to hit a target. It is mostly gun safety and legal discussion. It was time well spent and worth the money even if you have no intention of ever carrying.

thank your very much that is really helpful ! Truly from my heart thanks

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    giving you the benefit of doubt... or lack of IQ... and for the benefit of newbies reading the board.

Ed, they're implying that you're a fed (or worse, media) trying to get us to admit that we would theoritically kill an intruder (and maybe dispose of the body) rather than involve the authorities... While I can understand the wish to avoid the legal hassles of involving the police, I think 99% of the members of this board would do the right thing.
    Whether I would call 911 vs deal w/ an intruder first would be a tactical decision made based upon my own safety and the safety of my family. The safety of the intruder would be far down on my list of priorities but not off it, considering the legal entanglements for taking that action. Obviously the correct thing to do is to barricade yourself and your family in a safe room and defend it while waiting for the police.
    Taking an LA CCW course would be a wise move even if you're not going to obtain a LA ccw. A large part of the course is the classroom work covering justifiable homicide. Very little is devoted to being able to hit a target. It is mostly gun safety and legal discussion. It was time well spent and worth the money even if you have no intention of ever carrying.

+100000

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    kill an intruder (and maybe dispose of the body) rather than involve the authorities...I can understand the wish to avoid the legal hassles of involving the police... The safety of the intruder would be far down on my list of priorities...

If he is media, expect something like the chopped quote above.

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    I'm not saying he is a troll. If he isn't a troll, maybe he should get hooked on phonics and then retake a CC class.

Something smells like troll though...

Guys!! I m scare to death when I chambered a round in my xd 40 in my holster when I m walking in the mall or something.I m always afraid that it might go off on me and accidentlly shot myslef.how do u guys make sure this not gonna happen to yourselves?? Please please convice me there is no danger at all chambered a round in my holster...thanks!!!

well so far still waiting for my chl and dont have one yet. i m just mentally scare about it will go off

the class was in texas since i m from there...dont get me wrong i learned everything from the class it and absorbed it .but just scare it might happen

i understand that i guess i just need to wait for my chl and choose a good holster to pratice with my gun

24/7 loaded?is that true when u get home u guys stil leave it loaded? Or where would u put the gun at when ya all get home since it's loaded!?? Thanks !! Here we come another thread...haha

Wow..to me that is very very dangerours ! I mean how did u train yourself not to put finger in the trigger? I seems like having a problem with it always accidentlly put finger on the trigger...sometimes my head is just not clear enough ...

of course it is serious!if not I would not be checking post for many times a day! Look I m trying to gain my knowledge on this

Sorry I meant I get stress out easily and I work 7 days a week and sometimes just tired ...my mind and body are...sorry for confusing u..u sounded like I use drugs lol !

no that s not what i meant...god.sorry ..but i would never use any drug and won't..and i m not saying i m carrying..the whole thread that i m just asking for advise and get some idea.sorry to make u misunderstood me, i apologize for that. i m still waiting for my chl .before the plastic arrive i ll need to set my mind on the correct things and also i m trying to do it now.i thank you for your help charliepapa.i understood everything u said, and i ll reconsider or set my mind right! thanks again

No sorry it s not my first lanuage..that's why I sometimes misunderstood people

This is for the people who supporting me .I say thank you to y'all.and this is for the people who let me down and keep saying negetive things about me.I still thank you very much .I ve learned a lot from both sides.theajn thing is still base on myself I just need to work harder on this thanks

No not at all I work in la.live in Texas.I don't think I ll change my Id to la's .cause I go back to tx every week. May I ask what the purpose of asking??

Yeah that's a good ideal thanks for your ideal *:)

in texas. dont get me wrong.i ve been to class and paid absolute attenion to instructer. this whole thread is just about getting some ideal form the people who has been carrying.thanks

Thanks for all of non helping s help!u guys are doing me not much better. Found out that the more I visit this forum the more I feel uncomfortable about people doing pesonal attack to me thanks guys!

Just wondering how many of u would actually call 911 first while crimes are happening and have them record everything u say thru the phone or take care of that situation yourself first then call 911???

All right thanks guys ..I don't think I will never ask post in this fourm no more since there no help from it

Thanks for your explaining and understanding learning another lanauge is not easy. I fully understand what the class is and took one .it s just what I learned were from Texas just wanted to know is there any different form here.and I found out there is really no help from other people keep stepping on me. Any ways thanks for your help. :)

Wow! How could u even say that! This is getting serious!

Thank you! That ideal is just what I want to hear instead of people stepping all over me and no help at all!!

thank your very much that is really helpful ! Truly from my heart thanks

Yeah cause I have an xd? Lol

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I smell a troll too.

It's just... He uses certain words or phrases that someone who has poor English skills shouldn't know.

"y'all" for example.... or "Don't get me wrong"....

I wouldn't think "don't get me wrong" translates too well from English to Non-English to Poor English and come out the exact same way.

Last edited:

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    I smell a troll too.

It's just... He uses certain words or phrases that someone who has poor English skills shouldn't know.

"y'all" for example.... or "Don't get me wrong"....

I wouldn't think "don't get me wrong" translates too well from English to Non-English to Poor English and come out the exact same way.

May I say something?I know that my English is not good enough but it's not poor .I ve been in USA like 10 years almost ...

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Ed, yes, the Concealed Handgun Permit Class (See JBP, I made sure not to use an acronym there to avoid hurting your feelings) is different in Louisiana than what it is in Texas. I would recommend you take the class here, in order to avoid any further confusion.

Esta espanol tu lengua primera?

Well then:

Chinese?
    Ed,是的,被隐藏的手枪许可证课(看 JBP,我确保不在那里使用一个首字母缩写词避免伤害你的感觉)在路易斯安那是不同的比它在德克萨斯的。我会推荐你在这里上课,以避免任何更远的混淆。

Japanese?
    エド はい、隠されたピストルがクラスを許す ( 見るJBP、そこで頭字語をあなたの感情を害することを避けることに使わないために、私が確信していることを作った ) ルイジアナで異なる テキサスで何であるより。 私は、あなたがこれ以上の混乱を避けるために、クラスをここに持って行くように勧めます。

Korean?
    에드, 그렇다, 숨겨진 권총은 허가 클래스 jbp 나지 않을 사용하는 경우에는 머리글자어를 피하기 위해 당신의 감정을 상하게)는 다른 어떤 것보다도 루이지애나 텍사스의 것이었습니다. 나는 당신이 추천하는 클래스, 어떤을 피하기 위해 더 많은 혼란을 주고 있습니다.

Arabic?
    د نعم, إن مسدس مخبأة السماح لفئة (انظر jbp أنني قدمت التأكد من عدم استخدام المختصر هناك لتجنب إيذاء لمشاعر عنكم) يختلف عما كان في لويزيانا وتكساس في هذا. فإني أوصي تتخذوا هنا هذا الفصل الدراسي, بغية تجنب أي مزيد الفوضى.

Czech?
    Ed, ano, zakrývatelné Handgun povolení třídy (viz JBP, I ujistit nesmí použít zkratka tam zabránit to vaše pocity) je odlišná in Louisiana než to, co je v Texasu. DOPORUČIL bych vás třídy zde, aby se zabránilo dalšímu zmatek.

French?

Ed, oui, la Classe de Permis de Pistolet Dissimulé (Voit JBP, je ne suis pas assuré m'utiliser un acronyme là pour éviter blessant vos sensations) est différent en Louisiane que que le c'est au Texas. Je recommanderais vous prend la classe ici, pour éviter la plus ample confusion.

German?

Ed, ja die Verborgene Faustfeuerwaffe Genehmigung Klasse (Siehe JBP, ich habe mich vergewissert, zu benutzen kein Akronym dort verletzend Ihre Gefühle) ist verschieden in Louisiana zu vermeiden, als was es in Texas ist. Ich würde empfehlen, dass Sie die Klasse hier nehmen, um zu vermeiden, weiter Verwirrung.

Greek?

ED, ναι, η κρυφή handgun άδεια κατηγορίας (βλέπε jbp, έκανα βέβαιος δεν πρέπει να χρησιμοποιήσουμε ένα αρκτικόλεξο εκεί να μην βλάπτεται ευαισθησία σας) είναι διαφορετική σε Λουιζιάνα από ό,τι είναι στο Τέξας. Θα ήθελα να σας συστήσω την κατηγορία εδώ, προκειμένου να αποφευχθεί κάθε περαιτέρω σύγχυση.

Hebrew?

אד, כן, את העלים אקדח היתר בשיעור (ראו jbp, אני בטוח עשה לא להשתמש וטריקון שם כדי להימנע כואב את רגשותיכם) שונה מאשר לואיזיאה מה היא טקסס. הייתי ממליץ לך לקחת את המעמד כאן, כדי להימנע יותר בלבול.

Italian?

Ed, sì, la Classe di Permesso di Pistola Dissimulata (Vede JBP, non mi sono assicurato usare un acronimo lì per evitare dolendo i suoi sentimenti) è diverso in Louisiana di ciò che è in Texas. La raccomanderei porta la classe qui, per evitare qualunque confusione ulteriore.

Portugese?

Ed, sim, a Classe Ocultada de Licença de arma de mão (Vê JBP, assegurei-me não usar um acrônimo aí evitar machucando seus sentimentos) está diferente em Louisiana que o que está em Texas. Recomendaria toma a classe aqui, para evitar qualquer mais confusão.

Russian?

Эд, да, Скрытый Класс Пропуска Пистолетика (См. JBP, я удостоверился, чтобы не использовать акроним там, чтобы избежать задевать ваши самолюбие), отлично в Штате Луизиана чем, что это находится в Техасе. Я рекомендовал бы, чтобы Вы взяли класс здесь, чтобы избежать дальнейшего беспорядка.

or Swedish?

Ed, ja, den dolda Pistolen Tillståndet Klassen (se JBP, jag gjorde säker inte att använda en akronym där att undvika att skada sig din känslor) är olik i Louisiana än som det är i Texas. Jag skulle rekommendera att du tar klassen här, i beställning att undvika någon ytterligare förvirring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom