To everyone in the lafourche/terrborne area: Stolen guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I live in Cut Off, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

I have to go with some other posters. I think it is someone that knew you had all those guns in there. Crime rate down here isn't very high.

Good luck getting your guns back.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm in agreement with everyone else on this one, the vast majority of home burglaries are done by people you know. Throw in that its in cut off, a really small place, and you just happened to own a small armory. It was someone who knew your families schedule, so they knew they could take their time and drink up. That also somewhat leads me to believe it was younger kids, got any high schoolers around you? I dont think anyone else would've wasted time drinking alcohol unless it was someone who couldn't get it on their own too easily.

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    It's been over a year since I've been home, with deployment and all. None of my friends live anywhere near my house most don't even live in the state anymore. There are highschoolers that live on the opposite streets none of whom I have ever talked to or met.

woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    Just out of curiousity, how do yall set up your log books? I'm only 18 but I've been building a collection and need to start keeping track, especially since they come and go a lot. You can PM me if you wish, cause I really don't want to hijack the thread, just looking for some info.

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    Just out of curiousity, how do yall set up your log books? I'm only 18 but I've been building a collection and need to start keeping track, especially since they come and go a lot. You can PM me if you wish, cause I really don't want to hijack the thread, just looking for some info.

Model/Manufacturer/Serial/Caliber/Descripton

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I had $10k worth of camera gear stolen from me in Houma last year. I loved my canon 1d mkiii
    list your guns types serial and any pictures you have. They will try to sell or trade a gun from a collection of that size.
    Members from the area can keep an eye out for them
    sorry for your lost man I understand.
    On another note watch your friends and your friends friends, it was probably done by someone that knew the toys you had

Jefro83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Raceland
    Try to help

I live in lafourche and work in Terrebonne so I'll keep my eyes open for ya. Most people know I buy guns frequently so if it hits the market there's a good possibility I'll know about it. I HATE THIEVES! Good luck buddy.

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    Hey LaRifleman I need to know, if you haven't been to you're house in over a year does someone keep it up? Timers on lights maybe even a tv?I was a kid not to long ago and I knew the comes and goings of just about everyone in my neighborhood, also if you new you were going to be gone for a long time and have a nice collection going why no safe? This all just doesent seem right , now don't take me wrong I really do feel for you so I am not making accusations or insinuating anything but with a big firearm collection comes great responsibility.
    It just seems that the people who did this had too much time, no one noticed ,no alarm no safe just doesent add up. If you would like to share some details maybe fill in the blanks but I'm sure you have your hands full and may want to give it a break.Best of luck I hope the cops catch the bastards if not I hope you do and you get some "alone" time with them.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana

Other than what LArifleMAN said, I also take pictures, and usually scribe my initials in a very discreet place on the gun - under the buttplate/grip plate or inside of the slide.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I had $10k worth of camera gear stolen from me in Houma last year. I loved my canon 1d mkiii
    list your guns types serial and any pictures you have. They will try to sell or trade a gun from a collection of that size.
    Members from the area can keep an eye out for them
    sorry for your lost man I understand.
    On another note watch your friends and your friends friends, it was probably done by someone that knew the toys you had

Ouch. My dad was into photography, so I know what that camera/equipment was worth. Was it ever recovered?

LArifleMAN, I'll keep my eyes open. I'm at the range in Thibodaux at least once a week. Like others have said, post #'s/descriptions and we can let you know if we see anything.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It had to be someone you know, or a buddy of someone you know who talked about your collection of guns. There is not one gun in this house that isn't in my safe. Granted, they can break into the safe if they want, but they'll have to be prepared to do so. Most theives are too damn lazy to bother breaking into a safe, and typically they're too rushed to get in and out.
    I would also keep a lookout on Louisiana Sportsman.

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear of this. I hope they catch those azzholes!!!!!!

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    Just saw it on the news. They reported E73rd in Galliano.

Really? Guess my mother called the news outlets. What station/organization? As for the house, it is on a 60acre piece of property that my parents house is also on, their house is roughly 8-900yds away. She goes there at least a couple times a week since some remodeling was being done for when I EAS and move back home.

What I know is gone:
    State Arms 50BMG, black "Shorty" model, along with 150ishrds of ammo
    A6 style 1919
    2 SKS's, one chinese w/scope, one redish stocked Romanian with all matching numbers
    SA new production M1 Garand
    1 Bulgarian AK74 black
    1 Yugo krink, underfolder, blond wood
    1 French MAS 49/56 .308 conversion
    1 Ruger Blackhawk 44mag
    2 1895 Nagant revolvers both w/holsters
    2 CZ52's one blued, one original finish w/holster
    1 Ruger MKII target, blue, my 21st birthday present from my mother :(

More to come once I get more info from the ATF

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    some remodeling was being done for when I EAS and move back home.

The workers did it, case cracked. You're welcome. Same thing happened to my house when I was a kid. We were getting an addition and one of the plumbers broke in when we weren't there and stole a bunch of **** including some of my moms jewelry. Parents hired a PI and he did some serious work. Tracked down a pair of earrings to a bar tender at a bar one of the guys frequented and convinced her to confess where she got them. Dude went to jail. He was a meth head, go figure.

I was also robbed after christmas 2009. Guy(s) broke in through my roommates room went straight to my room and stole 3 handguns, some cash stupidly laying around and a 37" inch flat screen. Left all my long guns including AKs and ARs, computers, game consoles, and my roommates rooms untouched. Very sketchy, and to this day I know it had to have been someone I know because the crime was so bizarre. A pro thief/drug addict would have taken everything not picked and chose.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom