To everyone in the lafourche/terrborne area: Stolen guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    There it is....your house was being remodeled. I would focus my attentions there. I know 3 people who have had stuff stolen from their homes or workshops by contractors/lawn maintenance workers who had worked at their home before. I assume the investigating officer is aware of the fact that you had contractors in your home, and has all of their info.

Like others have said, no way they would have sat around and drank beer unless they KNEW you weren't coming home.

Any gun that isn't on me is locked up in my safe. My safe is bolted to the slab of my house and in a closet that I had to take the door frame off of to get it in. I'm not saying it is thief proof, but your not going to just snatch and grab my guns.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Don't miss workers on neighbor houses. If a neighbor was having work done the thief may have probed the neighbor for information about the homes in the area. The neighbor might have innocently responded to a question about hunters in the area. Good luck. I hope they are caught before you or we find out who they are.

mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    LA,

Wasn't you trying to sell some goods a few months back? This could be the case of someone here on BS or maybe someone that did a driveby(web search) on the site that saw the post and came to buy something from you. Then the obvious is friends and family. It truly sucks for your loss man, I hope that they get your sh1t back... I HATE CROOKS!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    LA,

Wasn't you trying to sell some goods a few months back? This could be the case of someone here on BS or maybe someone that did a driveby(web search) on the site that saw the post and came to buy something from you. Then the obvious is friends and family. It truly sucks for your loss man, I hope that they get your sh1t back... I HATE CROOKS!

Even driveby websearch we have no idea where he lives. Its not like he had his address posted saying come check them out.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Some things I suggest.

Keep a DETAILED list of your serial numbers in an excel sheet. Include make, model, description, accessories, serial, anything you can. Include all accessories, that stuff adds up quick. Take a picture of each complete gun, and then of each serial number. Scan receipts if you have them. Put all of this into a Zip file and email it to your web email, or upload it to Dropbox, or put it on evernote. There are a ton of free web programs that will securely store stuff for you.

Next is insure everything, insurance is cheap these days, if you get one gun stolen its not worth a claim, but an entire collection, go for it.

I am sorry for your loss, its sad we need to insure every little thing these days, but that is the way it is.

cberge8

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I frequently check pawn shops in the Lafourche area for mil-surplus items. If I see anything new come up that fits your description I will be sure to PM you about it.

Best of luck getting your stuff back.

moliveria

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Nothing is worse than being violated especially when you are away from home deployed, in training, or mobilized to defend your country. My car was stolen years ago, but luckily I didn't have my gun in the car or my laptop with all my info. As the others said, I believe it is someone you know. It is too unusual that the bastards went after the "good" stuff including your records, unless it was in plain sight. They knew what they were after. I hope you don't get deployed, but if you do, take it out on the enemy but be safe. I was close to going to Iraq, but I injured my foot prior to going to desert training. CDR, US NAVY

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    WHat pisses me off the most is some F*#& stole from one of our servicemen! Thank you for your service! If I could catch the scum, I would start skinning them until you got here to finish them off! I hope to god these idiots dont try to rob a bank with a 50cal! Then again, easy excuse for responding officers to take them down without any worry of extensive force!

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    WHat pisses me off the most is some F*#& stole from one of our servicemen! Thank you for your service! If I could catch the scum, I would start skinning them until you got here to finish them off! I hope to god these idiots dont try to rob a bank with a 50cal! Then again, easy excuse for responding officers to take them down without any worry of extensive force!

This what worries me most. I couldn't live with myself if an innocent was harmed with my weapons.

Thank you all again

formulaforspeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Prairieville LA
    dude I feel for you. I had a laptop stolen from my truck a few years ago while on vacation in missouri. I helped the police find the thief. it was almost 2 yrs after they recovered the laptop till i got it back, I hope it doesnt take that long for you. I tend to agree with everyone that its probably someone that has been in the house before and knew what to look for and where it was.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yep,,,it is someone you know,,,,and I am guessing most likely someone in the neighborhood. Friend of a friend most likely. Probably some kid who recently is out of high school a known trouble maker in the neighborhood.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    As a side not,,,I had a break in years ago,,,,it was someone who obviously knew how to enter quick and get out quick. Long story short,,,,I had recently been given some costume jewelry. It was fairly good quality fake diamond stuff,,,,probably high end fake,,,,actual costs about 55.00 for a fake diamond ring.

Her is where it gets funny,,,the crook went through all of my dresser drawers,,,and when he/she saw found that big old diamond ring,,,,he thought he hit the jackpot and took off. That cheap ring probably saved me thousands of dollars,,,,because once he found it he figured he scored big and took off without looking through the rest of the house.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom