Train Horns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Bah humbug. That's all I heard.

Get 'em if you want.

Hell, I'd have them if there was a place to hide them on a 2012 Camaro, but I have no real estate for an air tank.

What I really want is a 100 watt Whelen speaker and the electronic air horn function the sirens have on fire trucks. I play with that all the time at work on our trucks in the shop. Sounds really cool. That and a Federal EQ2B. But I'm not an emergency vehicle, so I won't play that game.

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Bah humbug. That's all I heard.

Get 'em if you want.

Hell, I'd have them if there was a place to hide them on a 2012 Camaro, but I have no real estate for an air tank.

What I really want is a 100 watt Whelen speaker and the electronic air horn function the sirens have on fire trucks. I play with that all the time at work on our trucks in the shop. Sounds really cool. That and a Federal EQ2B. But I'm not an emergency vehicle, so I won't play that game.

TY SIR!

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    I had two yes 2 sets on my big truck. Mounted them on the frame rails pointing down, used 3/4" air line and a 3/4" ball valve. It would literally make your clothes vibrate. The electric solenoid valve didn't work all that well, it would take a few seconds and sometimes wouldn't open completely. Now it could've been cheap valves but I just want to relay my experience. If this is on a pickup, your best bet is to get a dc air compressor and a small tank.
    The reason for the obnoxious sets of train horns was I pulled floats in parades a good bit and U.L. and McNeese's Homecoming parades.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    RS 32:351

§351. Horns and warning devices

A.(1) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway of this state shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than two hundred feet, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. The driver of a motor vehicle shall, when reasonably necessary to ensure safe operation, give audible warning with his horn, but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway of this state.

Does unreasonably loud cover the amount of volume it takes to cut through a cell phone conversation to the 4 neurons driving the car? There's a reason big trucks get air horns :mad:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I chose an alternate route...i took my pa system from my old 2001 jeep cherokee with a dead engine and installed it in my 1999 grand cherokee thats my daily driver today. I really miss it. It consists of a cobra 19 cb radio, a cheap 50watt car audio amp, headphone jack, av cable converion box, outdoor speaker horn from radioshack, av cables, and some install time. Its loud.

Get mad.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    A young Asian prostitute would be cheaper. She can hold your penis and it will seem large in her tiny hands. If you tip her well, she will probably tell you how huge it is!

I've already done the Asian thang......Now back to the original subject with a twist...do they make a set of airhorns I can place on my Goldwing?

Has anyone done it? The air horn install on a motorcycle that is?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I've already done the Asian thang......Now back to the original subject with a twist...do they make a set of airhorns I can place on my Goldwing?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=small+air+horn+for+motorcycles

1_2.png
    Mini_Beast_2_4b0ac56970fbd.png
    MB4Chrome1large_4.png

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I think the horns would be a great toy........TOY ONLY !!!!!..... not to use in traffic and scare some old couple into a heart attack!!!!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Yes, I know a goldwing is a honda, but the principal still applies.

J

jayd

A young Asian prostitute would be cheaper. She can hold your penis and it will seem large in her tiny hands. If you tip her well, she will probably tell you how huge it is!

He shoots......and he scores! FTW :bowrofl:

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Forget the train horns. Too expensive. Too shocking.

Get a recording of gun shots. Run it through a loud speaker behind the grille. People will get out of your way very quickly. There is no laws being broken since it is not a horn as such but rather a recorded sound.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Forget the train horns. Too expensive. Too shocking.

Get a recording of gun shots. Run it through a loud speaker behind the grille. People will get out of your way very quickly. There is no laws being broken since it is not a horn as such but rather a recorded sound.

Playing recorded sounds from an exterior speaker will get you a ticket in most places. Most parishes and municipalities have noise ordinances.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    State law forbids a PA system on anything other than an authorized emergency vehicle. Some vehicles like ice cream trucks got grandfathered in if I remember correctly.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Any body with train horns that wants to come blow them in Westwego, let me know. We can arrange. It will be "epic" as all you cool kids say.

The guy who was good at 'Shave and a Haircut, two bits' with his horn has not been back since his first and final performance. He had it down.

Top Bottom