True Story: They Wanted To Rob Me - Me And My Glock Said No!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I haven’t been very active here in a while, but thought I’d share an experience that happened last week.

I work in an industry that requires me to travel a lot for work. My company works in refineries during their maintenance shutdowns, aka *turnarounds*, so I’m always living out of hotels and eating at restaurants. Working 10-12 hour days 6-7 days a week while living in a hotel makes cooking regularly not viable.

I was eating dinner and met a girl there and after talking for a while, made the mistake of bringing her back to my hotel room. Apparently, she was part of a scam to bait people like me, and some friends of her followed us back to the room. They knocked on the door and after I realized what was happening, I grabbed a gun. She opened the door and left and they came in, apparently to rob me.

They both froze when they saw I had a firearm pointed at them and the first guy started talking, *What are you doing, what are you doing?*

I told them to *Leave now! Please leave now!*

But he kept asking *what are you doing?* which was to crawfish for time, I guess.

I said *Leave now, this is my hotel room.*

He asked, *Oh yeah, then why you got a gun?*

Why the hell does it matter? But I simply said *Because this is my hotel room.*

And he kept going, trying to press on, *Are you a law enforcement officer?*

*No I am not, Leave now!*

Silence from him

*LEAVE NOW! Leave now, and I will call the police*

He started to back up at this point and I yelled *Get out of my room*

He responded to that, *Shoot me then!* but he kept moving backwards.

I repeated a few times for him to *Get out of my room!* as he was backing up and once he was out, I shut the door, threw the latch, and bolted the door. They bolted before the cops could show up.

Yes, I know that it was stupid to bring her back to the hotel, and I'm sorry if I didn't act like many of you would have acted in this situation.

So, although I've been going over and over and over it in my mind the past week and kicking myself for the mistakes I made, I made yet another mistake by posting it on here, not thinking again. Because I was stupid to not realize that people would latch on to the mistakes I made that night and simply pile on to what I was already doing to myself.

Last edited:

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    You pick up some whore, then take her back to your room where you were almost robbed, but recorded the whole thing?

Well, she seemed like a decent gal. I only recorded the last bit when it popped into my head. All of the sudden, I thought about recording it and I had my phone in my hand. I do wish I had the whole bit when they were threatening to bust down the door.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well, she seemed like a decent gal. I only recorded the last bit when it popped into my head. All of the sudden, I thought about recording it and I had my phone in my hand. I do wish I had the whole bit when they were threatening to bust down the door.

So during this stressful life or death situation you had time to find the video on your iPhone?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

A "decent gal" wouldnt follow a guy to his hotel room the night they meet. That would be what a whore does.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Whores,hotels, and video devices. Sounds like some freaky **** was about to go down

ROFLMAO. I don't think she was an actual "whore." And I only was able to audio record it, no video. When I thought about it, I didn't even think of the video recorder, I automatically went to the voice recorder app on my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

A "decent gal" wouldnt follow a guy to his hotel room the night they meet. That would be what a whore does.

Perhaps you're right, but I guess my brain wasn't thinking straight.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    ROFLMAO. I don't think she was an actual "whore." And I only was able to audio record it, no video. When I thought about it, I didn't even think of the video recorder, I automatically went to the voice recorder app on my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you're right, but I guess my brain wasn't thinking straight.

Oh, she was the poster child for whore

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    And yes, I know, I know. Don't pick up strange girls and bring them back to the hotel. Maybe I overestimated my charms. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom