True Story: They Wanted To Rob Me - Me And My Glock Said No!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    Blood Alcohol Level was.......0.00. I rarely drink, and haven't had a drink in over a year.
    No, she wasn't a prostitute. Don't know who started that tangent.
    I cannot carry a firearm to work, nor have it in my car while at work. My firearm was in my bag inside my Hotel room.
    No, we weren't only talking for a few minutes before we went back to the hotel, we were there for almost an hour talking.

And...YES, I know that I made plenty of mistakes that night. And for the past week, I've been going over and over and over the whole incident in my head, kicking myself for the mistakes I made and badgering myself over the things that I could have done differently.

Now, I have a much better idea of what to do and what not to do. 1st of all, if I'm ever in any sort of self defense situation at all, I'd better make sure that I haven't made a single mistake before I decide to post about it here. Because the last mistake I made was not realizing that even though I've been kicking myself this whole past week and going over it in my head over and over, I didn't realize that posting about it here would simply invite further piling on top of what I've already been doing to myself.

daxjosh77

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Baton rouge
    Blood Alcohol Level was.......0.00. I rarely drink, and haven't had a drink in over a year.
    I cannot carry a firearm to work, nor have it in my car while at work. My firearm was in my bag inside my Hotel room.
    No, we weren't only talking for a few minutes before we went back to the hotel, we were there for almost an hour talking.

And...YES, I know that I made plenty of mistakes that night. And for the past week, I've been going over and over and over the whole incident in my head, kicking myself for the mistakes I made and badgering myself over the things that I could have done differently.

Now, I have a much better idea of what to do and what not to do. 1st of all, if I'm ever in any sort of self defense situation at all, I'd better make sure that I haven't made a single mistake before I decide to post about it here. Because the last mistake I made was not realizing that even though I've been kicking myself this whole past week and going over it in my head over and over, I didn't realize that posting about it here would simply invite further piling on top of what I've already been doing to myself.

We are all human, mistakes happen. Don't let a couple of jokers on here with no life get you down.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

I am happy about you coming forward with your experience, hopefully it helps someone in the future in a self defense situation. Don't take what most have said seriously, they were not there and have no idea what transpired that night. Whether or not one night stands are a good idea is not the purpose of this thread, and those that made it about that are missing the point IMO. You did what many single guys do, you just fell into a trap set up by criminals. You actually came forward with the story in order to inform fellow members, I think says something good about you.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I am happy about you coming forward with your experience, hopefully it helps someone in the future in a self defense situation. Don't take what most have said seriously, they were not there and have no idea what transpired that night. Whether or not one night stands are a good idea is not the purpose of this thread, and those that made it about that are missing the point IMO. You did what many single guys do, you just fell into a trap set up by criminals. You actually came forward with the story in order to inform fellow members, I think says something good about you.

Thanks for sharing.

Agreed thanks for sharing crewdog

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

Thanks for sharing.

+1

Don't let pricks that weren't there give you grief it's all forum white noise.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

I just gave you some advice. Others gave you constructive criticism. I hope that our feedback has helped you to learn from the incident.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    We are all human, mistakes happen. Don't let a couple of jokers on here with no life get you down.

+1

Don't let pricks that weren't there give you grief it's all forum white noise.

Yeah, you're right. Some of these pricks and jokers aren't as naive as some of you all are. I make mistakes all the time, but I don't make mistakes anywhere near this level.

OP, I really hope you learned your lesson. If you haven't, or don't know what the lesson is, allow me to help out:

You need to work on your situational awareness. Seriously. You could have been killed. You know, like dead. I don't know who teaches classes around here that can help people like you try to learn how to read people and what to look for as it relates to pre-assault cues, but it's something some of you may be interested in.

Another little thing to consider: In the event the OP discusses, the guy remained defiant with a pistol pointed at him. What are your options if you had to engage the subject with less than deadly force? Open hands? Closed hands? Where you wearing a holster that could secure your firearm with engaging in a fight? Are you physically able to fight someone? Don't fall into the trap that you can shoot really well but cannot do any type of physical activity longer than a minute.

Remember that little guy who said "keep your head on a swivel and rack a fresh round"? Funny how that comes around full circle.

JR1572

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Yeah, you're right. Some of these pricks and jokers aren't as naive as some of you all are. I make mistakes all the time, but I don't make mistakes anywhere near this level.

OP, I really hope you learned your lesson. If you haven't, or don't know what the lesson is, allow me to help out:

You need to work on your situational awareness. Seriously. You could have been killed. You know, like dead. I don't know who teaches classes around here that can help people like you try to learn how to read people and what to look for as it relates to pre-assault cues, but it's something some of you may be interested in.

Another little thing to consider: In the event the OP discusses, the guy remained defiant with a pistol pointed at him. What are your options if you had to engage the subject with less than deadly force? Open hands? Closed hands? Where you wearing a holster that could secure your firearm with engaging in a fight? Are you physically able to fight someone? Don't fall into the trap that you can shoot really well but cannot do any type of physical activity longer than a minute.

Remember that little guy who said "keep your head on a swivel and rack a fresh round"? Funny how that comes around full circle.

JR1572

You mean if he didn't have a pistol? 3v1 and trapped in a room, I'd say not much.

Edit: This is bayoushooter. I mean "Slip to the left under the first guy's right straight and counter with a hook, incapacitating him. Spin kick the girl. Judo throw the 2nd guy into the far side of the room. Citizen's arrest all three"

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    You mean if he didn't have a pistol? 3v1 and trapped in a room, I'd say not much.

Re-read the OP. The female left after she opened the door and the two males walked in.

What I mean is if he is pointing his pistol at someone and you're life is no longer in immediate danger, but the bad guy is non-compliant, you cannot just shoot them. Time to move on to plan B. You're in a hotel room so you cannot run away. What do you do? What does your physical ability allow you to do? That's what I'm getting at.

JR1572

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Re-read the OP. The female left after she opened the door and the two males walked in.

What I mean is if he is pointing his pistol at someone and you're life is no longer in immediate danger, but the bad guy is non-compliant, you cannot just shoot them. Time to move on to plan B. You're in a hotel room so you cannot run away. What do you do? What does your physical ability allow you to do? That's what I'm getting at.

JR1572

What options are there? No way I would put my gun down with two guys there. This is my biggest fear of carrying, it's either leave the scene (if possible) or life must be threatened..no in between. Even if it's one guy who insists on coming after you. I sure don't want to fight with a gun on my hip, and take the chance of getting getting it taken. Do you pull it and hope he just retreats? What if he tests you and comes after you, unarmed? Would like others advice on this.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    What options are there? No way I would put my gun down with two guys there. This is my biggest fear of carrying, it's either leave the scene (if possible) or life must be threatened..no in between. Even if it's one guy who insists on coming after you. I sure don't want to fight with a gun on my hip, and take the chance of getting getting it taken. Do you pull it and hope he just retreats? What if he tests you and comes after you, unarmed? Would like others advice on this.

Yet in the real world, all these things you discuss are real possibilities. There is a lot of in between running and shooting someone. Lest you be charged with a homicide. Just bc you say your life is threatened doesn't make it so.

But im just a prick, what do I know?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! Blam! Call 911!

In the scenario described in this incident (and unless we are missing some extraneous omitted important detail in the story), you would have to be insane to allow any person armed or not, advance toward you any nearer than a jump away!

Again, if the scenario is exactly as the OP has put forth! Two guys enter YOUR hotel room, and advance after you aim a pistol at them and command them to stop!! They are in YOUR hotel room! Uninvited! Well, except for the whore! :D

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Right before you killed both of them, didn't they say "I'm gunna kill you you mother f&@$%er". Yeah, I thought so. Let's get their side of it..... Oh yeah, thier not talking, their dead!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Are you two serious? OP; if you are telling the absolute truth you are lucky you are not dead; in a hospital bed in a coma! So, before you believe that an internet gun forum should be sending you thanks and praise for your story, you should have thought about the scrutiny BEFORE you hit enter!

Are most of us glad you are okay? Of course we are. Well some of us, anyway. :p

Can folks possibly learn from this? Sure! But I think what some of the jokers are trying to tell you is you may not have put yourself in this position had you been on your game AS A GUN CARRIER!

And daxjosh77, insults are not very nice! I don't know most of the jokers personally, but the ones that I do; are not lowlife's. There are bodies of work on here that span many years. If the search function on here worked, you could go see some of the posts from the jokers from the past. I assure you they don't just throw BS out there.

Man, I love that "Search" function joke!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Yet in the real world, all these things you discuss are real possibilities. There is a lot of in between running and shooting someone. Lest you be charged with a homicide. Just bc you say your life is threatened doesn't make it so.

But im just a prick, what do I know?

I know there's a lot more in between, which is why I was looking for real opinions/options. Not the usual "but I'm just a prick, what do I know?".

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Right before you killed both of them, didn't they say "I'm gunna kill you you mother f&@$%er". Yeah, I thought so. Let's get their side of it..... Oh yeah, thier not talking, their dead!!

Absolutely stellar advice from the derps of bayoushooter.

Hotels don't have paper thin walls whereby the next door neighbor could probably recite the whole interaction back to the police right?

No, this response is par for the course when someone doesn't have anything relevant to the discussion to say yet still wants to get a reply in.

USinfidel your advice would land the OP with a charge and cause him to have to explain in front of a jury why he lied to the police after killing two men.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Absolutely stellar advice from the derps of bayoushooter.

Hotels don't have paper thin walls whereby the next door neighbor could probably recite the whole interaction back to the police right?

No, this response is par for the course when someone doesn't have anything relevant to the discussion to say yet still wants to get a reply in.

USinfidel your advice would land the OP with a charge and cause him to have to explain in front of a jury why he lied to the police after killing two men.

in this case OP stated that he recorded the whole thing, and no threats were made against his life/person.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Ok. Just let them come in and kill you. It's ok. The police will be there soon enough AFTER everything is over. Obviously not shooting them in this situation proved to work out fine and now you don't have to pay for an attorney. Just saying be ready to do what you have to do and then do anything you have to to cover your ass at all cost. Not everything is heard by all witnesses. But you recorded it so...... Sorry I didn't have anything important to add to this like saying "you'll catch VD or crabs!!!"

Derp

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom