Two young black males arrested in Covington with stolen AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Since we're being honest and all, any CJ major who works in LE and is honest will tell you their CJ degree is pretty much useless in the field. Its good to have a degree if that kinda **** gives you the warm and fuzzies, but it could be in PE or LGBT Studies just as well as CJ. Why do you think the Feds want a degree and not just a CJ degree. And as for non-LE types getting CJ degrees, wtf is that about? Too scared/smart to be the police and too dumb to be a lawyer? Anyway, you learn more in the first year on the street than 4 years in a classroom, plus you have actually done something opposed to learning about doing something. Give me a Military vet or a 21 year old kid that survived as a corrections officer any day over a fresh out the schoolhouse CJ student.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I havent seen one person say to talk to anybody. All i saw was someone saying they knew about everything because they have a criminal justice degree and someone else saying that their "swat buddy" will come and remove them from officers investigating a scene and locking him in his vehicle. lol

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I find it funny that the only people saying talk to cops are cops.

This cop didn't say that.... but since you brought it up, I've actually NOT arrested several people who did talk and provide info in an investigation that otherwise would have gone to jail if they wouldn't have provided the info. But I know, you don't believe that and I don't really care what you believe, so there, we saved a few ******** posts and got all the dumb **** out the way.

ETA: If I got a good case on you, by the time I come to talk to you, it probably doesn't matter anyway. Very few cases are billed, much less tried and convicted on perp statements with no supporting evidence. Statements can be recanted, misinterpreted and whatnot, so I don't rely on them.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks Dave

What choo mean, Thanks Dave? I ain't dindu nuffins.

And the HS drop out cops that don't understand the laws they are paid to enforce.

I'm gonna go ahead and flag you as anti-LE with this single statement. Say what you want, but calling cops high school dropouts is quite stupid when we just had a thread about an officer who attends Loyola University.

I find it funny that the only people saying talk to cops are cops.

I'm not a cop and I say talk to cops. Why would you not talk to cops, unless you did something wrong? Not every instance of having to speak with an officer is because of a murder scene. When you get pulled over for speeding, do you call your lawyer?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    L

Whatever you say sweetheart.

Remember the guy in Mandeville who shot the guy in the gas station and then went straight to the police station and talked to the cops. The only reason he wasn't arrested that day was because he talked to the cops and got the story straight. Had he have lawyered up, he would have been arrested and at least been brought before a grand jury.

So continue on with your uninformed BS. Your anti-LE **** detracts from legitimate gun discussion or current events around here.

The investigator on that case is in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I havent seen one person say to talk to anybody. All i saw was someone saying they knew about everything because they have a criminal justice degree and someone else saying that their "swat buddy" will come and remove them from officers investigating a scene and locking him in his vehicle. lol

So while your're conducting this investigation you'll have me walking right next to you? You're going to interrogate me on the scene? Why can't I sit in a car by myself so I don't get asked any questions by anyone? I still believe my boy will do what he can to help me and make sure I don't say anything stupid in the heat of the moment. I don't know how any LE could disagree and say it's a bad idea, all my LE friends tell me the same thing to not talk. The only reason I'd use this offer from him is if I had to shoot in self defense. I'm not answering any questions until I have council present. This is all I'm saying in this thread if all you guys can do is bully and mock everyone else. If you think me not talking to a cop after a traumatic experience without a lawyer makes me anti-cop then so be it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So while your're conducting this investigation you'll have me walking right next to you? You're going to interrogate me on the scene? Why can't I sit in a car by myself so I don't get asked any questions by anyone? I still believe my boy will do what he can to help me and make sure I don't say anything stupid in the heat of the moment. I don't know how any LE could disagree and say it's a bad idea, all my LE friends tell me the same thing to not talk. The only reason I'd use this offer from him is if I had to shoot in self defense. I'm not answering any questions until I have council present. This is all I'm saying in this thread if all you guys can do is bully and mock everyone else. If you think me not talking to a cop after a traumatic experience without a lawyer makes me anti-cop then so be it.

Your failing to realize that if you shoot someone and it's not in his parish, he isn't coming on the scene. Period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have a SWAT friend that said if anything ever happened to call him and not say anything and he will get there ASAP and lock me in his car... it's not anti-cop to protect yourself! ANYTHING you say can and will be used against you...

So is my LEO friend anti-cop for saying that?

Every department is different but I would say his supervisor would get in his a$$ for that. Did he tell you this while y'all were out drinking?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Every department is different but I would say his supervisor would get in his a$$ for that. Did he tell you this while y'all were out drinking?

Nope, he's a super straight guy. I don't doubt he could pull it off either... Anyway, I know a lot of BRPD, EBRSO, & LSP, a few lawyers, & a judge. Any of these guys I've had this conversation with said not to talk on the scene, and get a lawyer as quick as possible. If I'm put in the situation I'll do anything I can to protect my ass, and I don't think answering questions other than to say "I was in fear for my life" is a good idea until you calm down.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Its not! This is 2016. They are simply a broken culture as a whole. Sure whites commit crime to but 14% of the population, 65% of the incarcerated in the USA, and probably responsible for 75% of all the violent crime committed in the USA today. And its not getting better by any means.

You cannot begin to repair something if you do not acknowledge the problem. Pure denial. How can anybody with half a brain say Alton Sterling was murdered by those LEOS? And they do...and seem to believe it whole heartedly. A convicted felon brandishing a pistol beforehand, struggling with cops on the ground despite their multiple commands to stop resisting.

Instead they make him a martyr, a hero....an innocent victim. Oh boy, talk about a radically distorted view!

Dindu nuffins

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    d857cdb382130a46eb4421952d9439dc.jpg

^^^^ :bowrofl: Love that one

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Nope, he's a super straight guy. I don't doubt he could pull it off either... Anyway, I know a lot of BRPD, EBRSO, & LSP, a few lawyers, & a judge. Any of these guys I've had this conversation with said not to talk on the scene, and get a lawyer as quick as possible. If I'm put in the situation I'll do anything I can to protect my ass, and I don't think answering questions other than to say "I was in fear for my life" is a good idea until you calm down.

Nice back peddling.... I will take that as acknowledgement you were talking out of your ass.

I'd love to see ANYONE bust up into MY investigation and do anything other than what I tell them to do. That my be how **** goes in BFE or Tangipahoa, or whatever other back woods ass podunk joint you roam around in or on your favorite TV cop show, but in the real world where police work is done correctly, the scene is run by the lead investigator. Period. Many a cop and politician have been jammed up for trying to and, or inserting undue influence in investigations.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Nice back peddling.... I will take that as acknowledgement you were talking out of your ass.

I'd love to see ANYONE bust up into MY investigation and do anything other than what I tell them to do. That my be how **** goes in BFE or Tangipahoa, or whatever other back woods ass podunk joint you roam around in or on your favorite TV cop show, but in the real world where police work is done correctly, the scene is run by the lead investigator. Period. Many a cop and politician have been jammed up for trying to and, or inserting undue influence in investigations.

How is it back peddling if that's what I've been saying (along with others) all along? Basically a couple guys here are now going to be labeled anti-cop because they agree with the underlined part? My buddy said he'd help, and I believe he would as much as he possibly could within the law... Can we get past the my buddy part and talk about what should be said and not said without a lawyer present? Even my CCW instructor said to say as little as possible, but you guys are acting like we don't like cops because we won't tell you our life story... You can't possibly believe answering questions while you're adrenaline is pumping is a good idea?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Funny thing is after several of these blowout threads where the same guys come at me a swoled up acting like I'm the problem with BS, and here I am sitting quite as a mouse watching the same bulls*** play out with other people. :dunno:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Funny thing is after several of these blowout threads where the same guys come at me a swoled up acting like I'm the problem with BS, and here I am sitting quite as a mouse watching the same bulls*** play out with other people. :dunno:

These guys are cops, so its ok.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom