VA Benefits and the Shutdown

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    On a different note until yesterday guys were dying in Afghanistan and their families were having to pay outta pocket to bury them. Let that sink in for a minute. Feel free to whine about the GI Bill but maybe keep things in perspective.

I didn't realize that meant we couldn't ask questions. Are you just trolling now? Poor use of your moderator skills, I think.

I post a statement.

You say I'm wrong.

I ask for clarification as to how/why?

You say you talked to someone and I can call to verify for myself.

I cannot find a direct number like you seem to have. So I ask for it.

You refuse to provide the number citing a previous argument.

So, as of right now, I have an understanding that you say is wrong, but backed up by nothing... and now your assertion is that I'm whining about GI Bill benefits while soldiers are dying.

I acted about the same in one of your buddy's threads and received texts from you threatening to ban me.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I didn't realize that meant we couldn't ask questions. Are you just trolling now? Poor use of your moderator skills, I think.

I post a statement.

You say I'm wrong.

I ask for clarification as to how/why?

You say you talked to someone and I can call to verify for myself.

I cannot find a direct number like you seem to have. So I ask for it.

You refuse to provide the number citing a previous argument.

So, as of right now, I have an understanding that you say is wrong, but backed up by nothing... and now your assertion is that I'm whining about GI Bill benefits while soldiers are dying.

I acted about the same in one of your buddy's threads and received texts from you threatening to ban me.

Seems to me like you are just genuinely trying to find answers to a problem you are/might go through...nothing wrong with that.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Josh I know your going to have one of your patented temper tantrums now so I won't interrupt you. My comment wasn't directed at you. You are what you are that's not going to change. It was a general statement about the sense of entitlement and lack of seeing the bigger picture. That's it a general statement. I didn't threaten to ban you. I gave you a courtesy warning. That's all. So feel free to embarrass yourself holding your breath and beating on the floor if you want, it doesn't have much effect. Sorry you take things so personal.

As for everyone else:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...tary-death-benefits-days-before-shutdown?lite

You can see some of the faces of the Troops killed here. Special Operations Warrior Foundation picked up the tab for these folks. I believe Fisher House paid for the other 20 men and women congress turned their backs on. If your looking for a service related charity that's two excellent ones to start with.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Seems to me like you are just genuinely trying to find answers to a problem you are/might go through...nothing wrong with that.

Lol. You're only saying that because I'm not a cop. :P

/deleted - I really had no reason to put myself into this/

I read what you wrote. He never mentioned to that in this thread, but I didn't tell him to go **** himself in this thread either; which was his reasoning for not providing the elusive number that would solve the whole issue.

Josh I know your going to have one of your patented temper tantrums now so I won't interrupt you. My comment wasn't directed at you. You are what you are that's not going to change. It was a general statement about the sense of entitlement and lack of seeing the bigger picture. That's it a general statement. I didn't threaten to ban you. I gave you a courtesy warning. That's all. So feel free to embarrass yourself holding your breath and beating on the floor if you want, it doesn't have much effect. Sorry you take things so personal.

On a different note until yesterday guys were dying in Afghanistan and their families were having to pay outta pocket to bury them. Let that sink in for a minute. Feel free to whine about the GI Bill but maybe keep things in perspective.

I'm sorry... whom were you talking to? Since I started the thread asking about GI Bill benefits and you followed by saying "Feel free to whine about the GI Bill" I don't see how that wasn't directed at the one person asking questions about the GI Bill. :dunno:

The point to the previous post was that you came in here with the assertion that I was wrong, but could verify for myself. When I tried to do that you crossed your arms saying "WON'T" because I was mean to you in a text.

what was that about temper tantrums?

All I was ever asking for was clarification.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Last time I tried to help you you acted like an ass. Sorry bridge burnt. When I was concerned about the GI Bill I fired up the google and called around until I got a human and an answer I suggest you do the same.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm sorry... whom were you talking to?

It could have been me because I said my wife had a number to a office in NO and I would try to get it for you. I will be clear my wife never got one penny on a GI Bill and we have donated to one of the charities VG pointed out above.

I felt SB was just asking because he wanted to plan ahead.

Thank you all that have served and let's just hope service men and women all get the help they deserve.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    (504) 565-4977 Try this one.

Thank you. I called but he said he didn't know. He gave me the direct number to the local office but said he didn't think they were answering the phones. Called it and no answer. Ill try again later I guess.
    The number is 504 619 4350.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Thank you. I called but he said he didn't know. He gave me the direct number to the local office but said he didn't think they were answering the phones. Called it and no answer. Ill try again later I guess.
    The number is 504 619 4350.

Nonessential personnel will be back to answer your questions reguarding the shutdown... after the shutdown.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Nonessential personnel will be back to answer your questions reguarding the shutdown... after the shutdown.

Rofl. That sounds about right. Listening to NPR on the way home it sounds like there maybe some movement in preventing a default, but they didn't sound any more hopeful about ending the shutdown.

johnnybravo2550

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    I receive 30% disability from the VA for my neck.. Its not life changing money but it does help with my limited mobility with work..... I can only imagine if I had to live off of disability and had no control over if I receive my funds bc of a shutdown... Gonna be a lot of pissed off veterans..

Top Bottom