walmart gun clearence

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurt D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Pineville, LA
    I just wanted to give some guys a heads up, Walmart will have their gun clearance again starting June 8th. What guns are available depends on what the store has had and can't move (duh). Prices I saw in the tab file were: Colt LE6920 magpul both black and FDE $849, LE6920 SOCOM $997, LE6920HAWK (it's that $1700 survival set-up with Blackhawk gear, ammo and Pelican case) $997, LE6940 $997, Sig 716 was $1999 now $997, Remington 887 tactical $267, Berretta CX4 9mm was $849 now $649, plus many others.

They also list the ZQI ammo but the pricing didn't change at our store :confused:: 7.62 nato (147 gr) $14.97 per 20, 5.56 nato (62gr) $13.97 per 30. Only the 9mm dropped: 1200 rounds in steel ammo can was $497 now $397.

Last edited:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I called the one in covington no 716 or ar10 variants on sale. I wanted a 716.

Also it must just be in LA. I called picayune ms and no sale at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Is there suppose to be a sale tag or something on rifles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Went to the Covington location this morning. There were no sales tags but all the rifles on the right side of the case were the ones on clearance. Ask them to scan them and they can tell you the discounted price.
    I think there were only about 12 at the reduced prices this morning. Only a couple of the models had more than one is stock. I saw a guy walk out with a Sig .22 AR (not sure of the exact model) for just over $300.
    I may or may not have left with a Bushmaster for $499.
    As far as the AR's, they had about three variants of the Colt 6920 available.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Went to the Covington location this morning. There were no sales tags but all the rifles on the right side of the case were the ones on clearance. Ask them to scan them and they can tell you the discounted price.
    I think there were only about 12 at the reduced prices this morning. Only a couple of the models had more than one is stock. I saw a guy walk out with a Sig .22 AR (not sure of the exact model) for just over $300.
    I may or may not have left with a Bushmaster for $499.
    As far as the AR's, they had about three variants of the Colt 6920 available.

If there is a Bushmaster at Opelousas Walmart for $499, it's coming home with me. Will know in an hour what's available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    went to two walmarts today by coincidence, and figured id check this out. I didn't leave with any guns (which means im not in the market and didn't see any glaring deals) but I did score 300 rounds of winchester 115gr 9mm for 19.95 a box. Made me happy. fyi, across 5 brands they had a good 3-4k rounds of 9mm plinking ammo on the shelf.

They also had a few hundred federal's at ~2 bucks more.

Remington 887 tactical was there at crowley though, at $297

Last edited:

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    Stopped by my walmart. Picked up a savage axis for 180 and a ruger American for 267. Both in 270(all they had). Wish they had a 308 for that price. Also had the Remington 783 for 250.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yea, not sure why, but the Nola walmarts and surrounding area's do not sell guns (metairie, Nola, Chalmette etc)

to dodge having to put up with any future litigation, walmart won't categorize an entire district if it has ANY pending firearm bills at the time the store is built. The district will usually only re-apply for ATF categorization from bentonville at store construction, or during remodel.

Nola being largely liberal (or possibly had pending bills at the time the stores were built) is why you don't see them there.

Source: recategorizing two supercenter constructions is what brought me to louisiana

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    to dodge having to put up with any future litigation, walmart won't categorize an entire district if it has ANY pending firearm bills at the time the store is built. The district will usually only re-apply for ATF categorization from bentonville at store construction, or during remodel.

Nola being largely liberal (or possibly had pending bills at the time the stores were built) is why you don't see them there.

Source: recategorizing two supercenter constructions is what brought me to louisiana

Interesting, thanks. Had wondered about that as well

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Well at select stores makes more sense. The store near me the guy said they didn't know anything about sale. He even said it may be for stores that don't sell alot of their inventory

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Well at select stores makes more sense. The store near me the guy said they didn't know anything about sale. He even said it may be for stores that don't sell alot of their inventory

I suppose that's why it's called a clearance sale. They are clearing out stock that doesn't move as fast as they want it to.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom