Wanting a good .22 pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnside

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    The May issue of gun Tests, (just in today), tested the ISC M22. It gave it a B-

"We liked the full-size faux-Glock fell, and its training-gun concept. The M22 handled and shot like an 'A'-rated gun when paired with CCI ammo, but it had multiple malfunctions with all other test ammo. A slide-release issue and an uncomfortable ribbed trigger also cost it points."

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    As you have read most of the .22 pistols that are being built now a days tend to jam very easy unless you use CCI Ammo (walther,sig, and even the M22) the one thing I love about my Rugers MK's is that they chew and spit cheap ammo walmart blocks which is what every quality pistol should do. If I have to buy special ammo for it it defeats the purpose IMO. Stick with what has been prooven for years

bige22283

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Shreveport
    Can't believe no one has said it yet. Check out the Beretta Neos. I've got one with a 6" barrel on it and it's a helluva gun. It has a rail on top so you can a red dot or something with ease. I've been having mine for about 2 years and it shoots all cheap ammo with no problems whatsoever. Highly recommend it!

Here's a pic of mine with a recently added cheap BSA red dot.

2gwrr7c.jpg

bige22283

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Shreveport
    People who see it at the range wonder what planet it comes from. After they shoot it, however, they can't deny that it's a great gun.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I'll add a vote for the Ruger MK. I've had a MK II since I was 18 ( 46 now) and it has taken every kind of ammo I put through it without any problems. I can't even guess how many rounds have been run through it and it is still accurate and on target. I have the standard model without adjustable sights and have been very happy with it. I did replace the trigger with a Clark Custom and refinished it about a year or two ago.

Top Bottom