Warning: TGSCOM, Inc. - Horrible Customer Service.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    All,

Just got off the Phone with TGSCOM, INC. I wanted to post about my experiences with them so hopefully you all will become aware of there practices before you do buisness with them.

I placed an order for a Remington 870 last Friday (July 24, 2009). Today (July 30, 2009) I finally got an e-mail from them stating that the order had shipped today. However, I didn't receive a tracking number. On the bottom of the e-mail in tiny print is a notice that they do not provide tracking numbers on firearms. Why?

I called them at their number 1-800-518-3808 and was on hold for 27 minutes before I got to a live person, "Jacob".

I inquired about the tracking number to "Jacob" and found that it is a policy of TGSCOM, Inc. and all of their various websites not to provide tracking on a firearm to the customer. There is nothing on any of the websites that states this, "Jacob" thought it was a good suggestion that they should add this to their site. I asked why they do not provide tracking info and was told "security reasons". Apparently it is a security risk for me the gun purchaser to know when my gun will arrive.

"Jacob" did however offer to check on the status of my gun. After 5 minutes of fiddling on his computer he discovered it hadn't shipped yet. It was "going to" ship today. I asked why it was e-mailed that it had shipped when it really hadn't. He went into some long winded explanation. I almost dozed off. According to "Jacob" however, myself or the FFL can call in every day (27 minutes of wait time) to get status updates. Excellent! :upeyes:

I requested to "Jacob" that I receive an e-mail explaining their policy, why it isn't obviously listed on their website, and what their justification for not providing tracking numbers is. I mean, all other online dealers have provided me tracking. Why not this company?

I'll post the e-mail when I receive it.

Here is a list of all the websites that TGSCOM, INC. sells from:
    www.topglock.com
    www.gunsatcost.com
    www.thegunsource.com
    www.shotgunworks.com
    www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com
    www.allglock.com
    www.sigsauerpro.com
    www.amerigloweaponsights.com
    www.glockworld.com
    www.waltherpistols.com
    www.ameriglogunsights.com
    www.lasermaxoutlet.com
    www.concealgun.com.com
    www.lasermaxstore.com
    www.lasermaxworld.com
    www.ameriglooutlet.com
    www.ameriglostore.com
    www.ameriglosightoutlet.com
    www.hkperfection.com
    www.ar15pro.com
    www.xdpistols.com
    www.bersapistols.com
    www.trijiconoutlet.com
    www.trijiconstore.com
    www.trijicongunsights.com
    www.trijiconweaponsights.com
    www.trijiconnightsights.com
    www.waltherprecision.com
    www.handgunheaven.com
    www.meprolightoutlet.com
    www.meprolightstore.com
    www.lasermaxlasers.com
    www.lasermaxforless.com
    www.meprolightnightsights.com
    www.meprolightgunsights.com
    www.meprolightweaponsights.com

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I want to be on your side but I don't see a problem really. Sending out a shipment email prior to actual shipment isn't uncommon at all. As long as they ship the same or next day I see that as OK. I'm not sure I know the reasoning but they're not the only company that won't give tracking numbers on firearms shipments. I know I've had to call my FFL on several purchases to see if they had come in. If anyone knows why that is please chime in.

kd5hlx

Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    I don't know the why, but all the one's I have dealt with gave my e-mail to UPS and UPS informed me of shipment, tracking number, and delivery .

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    My opinion is that they do not provide tracking numbers due to the fact that they might not ship in a timely manner.

For me, the reason i need a tracking number is that my FFL is a gunsmith who requires an appointment to be made in order to do transfers.

Knowing an "approximate delivery time" would allow me to set up an appointment around my work schedule. Without that knowledge, it could possibly delay me picking the item up by a few days.

I guess I'm just really bothered most by the fact that this information isn't presented up front as it should be. If I knew that would be the case up front, i could have weighed it in the decision to order from this company or not.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I agree that it sucks. I didn't like it either. But you'll forget all about that once you have the firearm. Or at least I did. If you can find out what day it actually shipped and by what method you can figure the approximate date from that.

The "security reason" might be delivery theft by UPS or whoever they use. You could be working with a local delivery driver to order merchandise and then your friend on the inside misroutes and steals it. Not a huge deal on regular items but federally regulated firearms probably are. Just guessing based on things I've heard on shipping firearms. I know it's not a law because I've gotten tracking numbers from some places and not others.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I agree that it sucks. I didn't like it either. But you'll forget all about that once you have the firearm. Or at least I did. If you can find out what day it actually shipped and by what method you can figure the approximate date from that.

The "security reason" might be delivery theft by UPS or whoever they use. You could be working with a local delivery driver to order merchandise and then your friend on the inside misroutes and steals it. Not a huge deal on regular items but federally regulated firearms probably are. Just guessing based on things I've heard on shipping firearms. I know it's not a law because I've gotten tracking numbers from some places and not others.

This is actually a logical reason why they might do it.

If I had gotten this answer from them and would have known about the policy upfront, I would have no issue whatsoever.

Storm52

Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    A dealer to FFL normally ships USPS, not UPS. Tracking shipments with the post office is lousy as their system isn't real time or updated but once a day. I've never received tracking information on firearms and frankly it isn't an issue for me. My FFL will call when it gets to him, the package is insured and I can't rush the process or exert anything but wasted effort to expedite receipt.

jmknox

May 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your first mistake is not knowing who you are ordering. The owner of TGSCOM, INC has done more damage to gun rights than anyone else in the last 15 years.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Your first mistake is not knowing who you are ordering. The owner of TGSCOM, INC has done more damage to gun rights than anyone else in the last 15 years.

TRUE.

This company is well known in the gun industry to sell you a gun they claim is in stock then order the gun from their distributor after receiving your funds. It is not unusual to have to wait 30 days after you order before you receive your gun. I order on line and do not worry about tracking numbers. Do your home work before ordering a gun from an on line company.

To the op. good luck with receiving your gun in a timely fashion.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I thought everyone knew at this point they are the sorriest shipper on the net. I have certainly warned the board enough times. Some people get lucky with them, the rest get screwed. They will bold faced lie to you and not even blink, install (the wrong) crap on your stuff (wrong), charge you restocking fees to correct their own mistakes and the list goes on. Crooks, the lot of them.

nightsailor

Dec 20, 2010
    Crooked Dealers

I thought everyone knew at this point they are the sorriest shipper on the net. I have certainly warned the board enough times. Some people get lucky with them, the rest get screwed. They will bold faced lie to you and not even blink, install (the wrong) crap on your stuff (wrong), charge you restocking fees to correct their own mistakes and the list goes on. Crooks, the lot of them.

THEY ARE CROOKS. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET A REFUND FROM MY CREDIT CARD. SINCE THEY HAVE NOT SHIPPED MY PRODUCT, WHILE THEIR POLICY SPECIFICALLY STATES THEY DO NOT BILL UNTIL A PRODUCT IS SHIPPED. I DID NOT ORDER A GUN, JUST A CLIP. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A TRACKING NUMBER OR THE PART. THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATS. IF YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED OVER--GO THOUGH THEM AND CHANCES ARE GOOD YOU WILL BE IF THEY DON'T HAVE YOUR PART OR GUN IN STOCK. THEY WILL SHIP YOU NOTHING, OR THE WRONG ITEM, OR SCREW YOU ON A RESTOCKING CHARGE. THEY HAVE DOZENS OF WEBSITES, IN THE HOPES OF CATCHING YOU A SECOND TIME. BOYCOTT THESE PEOPLE.

machinedrummer

Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If you had the tracking number you could request a change of address and have it delivered to your home and not the ffl. This could be a reason for not giving it to the buyer. JGsales is the same way. I dont agree but they have their reasons. My career was in the shipping industry and criminals are always trying to out smart the system.

chipldr999

Dec 20, 2010
    I would first like to say my service from this company has been great the few times I have ordered from them. SOmeone said they have hurt the industry>..I would like to know how. IF you relating to items being legally sold to customers via the internet, then please explain what they did wrong. Tracking info is not given due to firearm related info. The ATF does not want the public to know that the firearm/s are located. That way the truck it is on doesnt get held up!

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I would first like to say my service from this company has been great the few times I have ordered from them. SOmeone said they have hurt the industry>..I would like to know how. IF you relating to items being legally sold to customers via the internet, then please explain what they did wrong. Tracking info is not given due to firearm related info. The ATF does not want the public to know that the firearm/s are located. That way the truck it is on doesnt get held up!

I noticed this was your first post. What a coincidence. You should disclose that you are affiliated with the Company(ies) in question. For full disclosure, ya know.

Glock Guy

Jan 28, 2011
    Avoid these liars

Why didn't I see this forum BEFORE .... ?

Do NOT believe their websites. They don't stock much. They take your order and lie to you for weeks about what is in stock and what is back-ordered. You can call several times a week and get different answers. I was told several times over weeks after ordering and waiting that it was 'processing'. Then on one days call I was told, it was on back-order and had been since I ordered. I then transferred to a similar variation Glock 17 Gen4 that was "in-stock" and could be sent immediately. Another week with no update and I find out that this one was not in stock for some time and still on back-order. Pay the couple extra dollars and save the aggravation.

They haven't charged my card yet so they aren't thieves.....yet. Obviously their business plan is flawed and they can NOT be trusted. I would only buy from them if you live locally and can take immediate possession.

STAY AWAY !!

WarriorClass

Apr 13, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I wish I'd read these comments before ordering from these SOBs. It's been five days and my order is still "Processing." Apparently they don't have it in stock, although they said they did.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Bayoushooter threads always get picked up in google search results. I don't know if it's the the things I am searching for or all the BS that gets discussed on Bayoushooter.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Tiens !

You could have gone up to LaPlace and bought the 870 from James Loque, who is an advertiser and member here on B-S; as I did, and had a much more pleasant experience.

Or, from several other neighbors and fellow Louisianians who are small business owners, who live here and contribute to our economy and general welfare.

We should support our neighbors who are in the gun business, not strangers from far-away ! Or, the WalMarts & Academies of the world, who couldn't give less of a damn about you or me.

I am pretty sick and tired of hearing of these very, very unnecessary mis-adventures from those who would try to save a dime rather than do business with a neighbor.

Maybe you got what you deserved. Just maybe you'll know better next time ? Hope so.

Shame on YOU !

leVieux

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom