Warning: TGSCOM, Inc. - Horrible Customer Service.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I've only read the second page of this thread but its clear that some of you have no idea how online retail works.

A majority of online "stores" and I use that term loosely, don't even have an inventory of any kind. Also, one company can have 10/20/30 different web store's all with different names.

Spend some time searching around the internet and you'll see

Metryshooter

Jul 11, 2010
    Been there, done that with TGSCOM (Glockworld to be specific)....never again. Botach runs a close second.

I've ordered from Botach a couple of times and had no issues. That being said I've never had to deal with their CC, which maybe that's what you're complaining about.

ZZippy1

Nov 14, 2011
    Avoid these guys
    Awful customer service. I placed order with them for gun that showed in stock. After 10 days, I followed up with them to inquire about my firearm. I was told it was now on back order with no ETA. Would have been nice to get a call the next day after I placed the order. I would never buy a firearm from them ever again!

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Midway USA is about the only online vendor I deal with. You know every time if it's in stock in their inventory, I have never had a back order from them on something that was marked in stock. Best part, it's at your door in 2 days if you order early enough in the day. Never, ever a problem with Midway and I order often and been ordering for years.

hdgnnr

itchy trigger finger
    Jan 24, 2011
    shreveport
    midway is pretty good....never had any bad experiences with them. I normally try to buy from local dealers(tryin to do my part) but it is more expensive. Of course, if we all
    stopped buying from Academy and other big box stores and spent all our money in the mom and pop shops then they might not have to charge as much to stay afloat....just my 2
    cents.

jaileesurf

Dec 15, 2011
    Here's My Experience with TGS.COM, Inc.

I recently made a purchase online through this company. After checking the tracking it showed that the order was delivered yet I had not received it. I contacted the company who told me I should contact the USPS. I did and they told me to contact the seller. So, I called them back. They said they would have a supervisor call me within the hour. After waiting 2 hours I called them back only to be told that there was nothing they could do and they would not send a replacement. Now I'm out
    $16+ and nothing to show for it. As a single father of 3 with a crappy job in a poor economy this hurts. I think as an online retailer there should be an expected
    amount of loss but the excellent customer service they "should" provide should also make up for it. As of now I've contacted the BBB, Division of Consumer Services
    and several online review sites. I've also contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges.
    BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE WHATSOEVER!!!

dvrjason

Jan 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Just canceled my order. An extractor that they label as "in stock" was ordered on Jan 23rd. Today Feb 6th, they "are having problems with some vendors" and "do not have an estimated shipment date". I was trying to pay $16ish and just deal with the crappy service, but after reading all these other reviews/complaints, I will gladly go to Jim's and pay $25ish.

farmersd38

May 27, 2012
    I am new here but I will say I should have done my research on this company I ordered a .338 cal Rifle on the 5/10/12 it said it was in stock and so I ordered it there site says in black and white will ship in 7-10 days any firearm in stock it is 5/27/12 and I still have no gun I have tried probly 50 times to call these asses and all I ever get is a recording and hung up on . The past 5 days now there recording says they are experiencing technical difficulties then the recording hangs up I have tried to email them and all I get is email returned to sender order status says confirmed/processing . I have had enough I am going to find out what I can do to get these people investigated anyone have any Ideas..

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Jan 23, 2007
    This is more than a month old, but seems to fit.
    If you haven't received your order yet, you're probably not going to get it in the mail soon.
    TGSCOM online gun store based in Green Bay closes, store linked to 40 shooting deaths

GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - The Green Bay-based online store that sold the gun used in the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007 has closed amid fraud complaints.
    The Better Business Bureau issued an alert concerning TGSCOM, Inc. after receiving more than 170 complaints about products not being received, delays in shipments and delivery of goods and advertising and selling issues. Complaints have come in from 43 states.

The BBB says company also does business under the names *The Gun Source,* *Midwest Hunters Outlet,* and *Saltwater Fishing Source,* and operates approximately six websites. In addition, the BBB has received 2,258 inquiries on TGSCOM, Inc. in the last year and continues to receive hundreds of calls per week.

WTAQ was able to get a hold of Owner and President Eric Thompson who says they closed because of financial issues.

Thompson was asked if all the orders that have been paid for have been shipped. *With financial issues there’s going to creditors and vendors, a lot of things of that nature, and we effort everything we can to make sure with everything that is sold, but if that was the case then the business wouldn’t be closing down.*

Thompson says the store closed last week, and denied that orders have not been fulfilled. The BBB says Green Bay police are looking into pressing criminal charges against Thompson for theft by fraud for intentionally accepting internet orders and payment without providing products. Thompson says they are actively trying to get new investors for the business and hopes to get things turned back around and *get it going once again real soon*.

TGSCOM, Inc. gain notoriety after being linked to selling guns or firearm accessories used in the Virginia Tech University massacre that killed 32 people and injured 17 others, the 2008 shooting at Northern Illinois University and the 2009 shooting at a health club in Pittsburgh..
    gun_dealer_AP070419063519_620x350.jpg
    http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/...ay-closed-store-linked-to-40-shooting-deaths/

:)

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom