Was my daughter kidnapped or am I overreacting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Thursday night a friend of ours asked if my daughter could go to the movies with them. My wife and I said we had plans but we would let her know Friday.

Friday afternoon she calls my wife and now wants my daughter to go sleep. My wife tells her she will check with me and call her back. The woman called back 10 minutes later to tell us she decided to take my daughter from school.

My daughter is in afterschool care wasnt even supposed to be in the car rider line. The lady wasnt asked fr her id nor is she even on the list to pick up either of my children.

In after school care, where my son is waiting for his sister, roll is called and when my daughter doesnt answer no one checks to see if she was checked out OR asks my son if he knows where she is.

After I get my daughter and go to school to get my son, every teacher I questioned about how this was allowed to happen tells me my daughter should have known where she should have been and that she knew she wasnt supposed to be in the car rider line.

I even talked to the assistant superentendant because the superentendent didnt call me back and his responce was for me to take it up with the principal.

Because she is such a good friend of my wife, my wife is pissed at me for wanting to press charges agianst her friend for taking my daughter without either one of us giving permission

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Overreacting IMO.

Should you be pissed? HELL YEA! and you indeed have some talking to do with your family.

Press charges? Nah, your wife knew the lady, not like it was a total stranger.

I have to say I’d be pretty pissed off myself and I would probably be making a phone call to the lady as well.

I’d also talk with the principal, tell him what happen and see if there might need to be some more stringent security plans for picking up kids.

Edit: However I'd definitely be pushing for an END in this relationship with this woman on all accounts. What she did is insanely irresponsible IMO.

Last edited:

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Several issues here, among them:

• Your wife's friend may feel that she is close enough to you and your wife that she can do something like that without confirmation. Her comfort level with you and your wife is higher than your comfort level with her. Clearly you do not have the same viewpoints...that gap needs to be closed with her in a constructive, respectful, tactful but firm manner.
    • Your daughter may need to be refreshed on where she is supposed to be when...
    • The school failed miserably and they should be taken to the virtual woodshed at both the faculty and administrative level...

Keep in mind that she no doubt meant no harm, but she needs to know that it caused you a lot of concern. Importantly, she is your wife's friend and you don't want to do anything to harm their friendship...good friends are too hard to come by...good luck

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I don't know. I'd be mad but it would depend on who it was. I know when I was younger I had friends who were like brothers and their moms are like second moms to me, but this would have never happened with me. Homeschooling eliminates this problem

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I would be cautious of this friend first of all and the school should be reamed for allowin a person to pick-up a child that is NOT authorized to do so. I feel bad saying this but you REALLY need to concentrate on this friends obsession with your daughter. Just my 2cents. Hope it all works out.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    how in the hell would the school allow that? how incompetent can these people be to put the blame on your daughter? i would be pressing charges against the school. what if they were to let your daughter go home with some pervert or something!?!

i don't think you're overreacting, if i had a daughter and this happened i would be plenty PO'd at both the school and the "friend" who thinks she has the right to do something like this without permission.

I cant press charges on the school not even the superentendent sees anything wrong with what happen.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I would be cautious of this friend first of all and the school should be reamed for allowin a person to pick-up a child that is NOT authorized to do so. I feel bad saying this but you REALLY need to concentrate on this friends obsession with your daughter. Just my 2cents. Hope it all works out.

She doent have an obsession with my daughter. She is part of C.A.S.A and is used to parents who dont give a damnn about their children. She raised her neice and nephew because the mother and father pretty much abbandoned them. I know she meant well but being a woman I feel the only way I can teach her ,and the school, a lesson is pressing charges on her. I would prefer to just whip her ass

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Errrr...well, don't get mad but...make sure the facts are what you have been told. When good wimmin friends and female kids ( wimmin it training ) start trying to cause things to go their way and calm down what they consider to be an over reacting male...well, sometimes theres a pretty big gulf tween fact and fiction

Happens everyday to guys who swear that their females are 100 % straight with them

This doesn't make 'em bad, just female, deception and coercion is in the genes

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I cant press charges on the school not even the superintendent sees anything wrong with what happen.

that is rather irrelevant if there is written policy to the contrary. what is the parish policy? if they have violated their written policy, his opinion kind of takes a back seat then.

I say you definitely have a beef with the friend (and/or your wife) if that's how their relationship is and you disagree with it. However, I think the MUCH bigger issue is that the school is definitely responsible for your kids from the time they leave your house and until they return, if they normally ride the bus.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Sorry grits I just got it, you are a woman.(girl rais....) I did not mean to offend you or your friend but I guess as a man my view of it would take my response to the situation in a different direction. Just lay down the law with her and hopefully it wont ruin the friendship that you ladies have.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Sorry grits I just got it, you are a woman.(girl rais....) I did not mean to offend you or your friend but I guess as a man my view of it would take my response to the situation in a different direction. Just lay down the law with her and hopefully it wont ruin the friendship that you ladies have.

I am a guy thats why i cant beat her friend up. As far as the friendship is concerned it is over, I told my wife I better never catch her or my kids around around that woman agian.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    This doesn't make 'em bad, just female, deception and coercion is in the genes

This!!! ;) :D

I wouldn't press charges against the woman, but it's a shame that "the powers that be", at the school can't be charged with negligence & child endangerment. Your kid was in their care.

Art

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You really want a friend of the family to face up to 5 years in jail at hard labor, plus be labeled a convicted felon for the rest of the lives for a misunderstanding?

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Grits, this is really a tough one, but I don't think I disagree with you. Maybe I wouldn't call it kidnapping, but I definitely believe that woman should have asked you or mom first. I even text and ask my ex if I can pick up my kids from school, even though the judge said I do have that right. Its really a matter of letting the parents know what's going on... BEFOREHAND. Not affa.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom