Was my daughter kidnapped or am I overreacting?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Are you serious? He's talking about bringing *kidnapping charges against a friend of his wife who meant no harm.

This is a message board for discussion. Besides, he asked "am I overreacting?" I'm not trying to be mean or cruel to the guy, I'm just putting in my two cents like he asked for. I don't think he's going to be really emotionally upset by my posts on bayoushooter. We're all big boys here.

If anyone needs to "STFU," it's you. ;)

How do you know "she didn't mean any harm"?
    Something doesn't "smell" right the way this "friend" decided to get the child from school on "her own".

At the very least, the School Board needs to consider just who is in charge at the school and make some changes.

Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    It might help to take a meeting with the superintendent of schools. The best way to approach it is as a concerned parent, not an angry one. I understand the reaction of being pissed off. But showing that anger is probably not the best way to handle this situation.

One thing you might want to consider as you decide how to deal with this is that if you show anger towards the superintendent of schools, or the principal of the school either, he or she isn't going to take you seriously. People get mad at him every day. Almost all of them are completely full of **** or batshit crazy. He wont care if you are mad over something like this. If you go to the school board meeting and rant and rave you are going to look like a damn fool to the majority of people. As unpleasant as it may be, it is still the truth. You will be seen as just another one of those batshit crazy people who are always mad at the school for some reason or another. These people come to every school board meeting and come to the school or call every day.

Just some thoughts.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I have calmed down quite a bit. The only reason I would consider pressing any charges agianst my wifes friend is because someone needs to relize how wrong this was and I figured that would put the attention back on the school.

I thought the whole reason of the superentendent was to over see this kinda thing and at least put the one incharge of after school care on leave or something. But when his responce is, and I quote " Whatcha want me to do about it" i figured I was gonna go no place fast.

I wold love to take action agianst the school but who do you do it agianst and who do you got to? I Thought that was the point of the super.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    But when his responce is, and I quote " Whatcha want me to do about it" i figured I was gonna go no place fast..

I'd have said, "Actually, stand by"...hang phone up.... And drove the Frack over there immediately.

Then there'd be no Mr tough guy arm chair commado over the phone crap.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I'd have said, "Actually, stand by"...hang phone up.... And drove the Frack over there immediately.

Then there'd be no Mr tough guy arm chair commado over the phone crap.

It took all I had not to do that, I knew if I did that I would blow any chance of haveing anything done about it.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    How do you know "she didn't mean any harm"?
    Something doesn't "smell" right the way this "friend" decided to get the child from school on "her own".

At the very least, the School Board needs to consider just who is in charge at the school and make some changes.

You honestly believe that this lady meant some harm towards his child? I don't think even grits is suggesting that she intended any negative consequences toward his daughter. He's just pissed that she picked her up without their permission.

Your child never had friends? Did you have friends as a child? Did you ever go to a friend's house, gone for a ride in a friend's car, etc? Is there no such thing as a good-natured human being anymore? Do we all just have sinister plans? It's this way of thinking that requires every man, woman, and child be groped and treated like a terrorist everytime we get on a plane.

And if this woman intended to do some harm, why would she immediately call up the parents and let them know she has their kid? I don't think she was being held for ransom.

Whether the woman was right or wrong, the only thing that "doesn't smell right" is this thread as it's gone stale. :D

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    There is a attorney in Abbeville, Anthony Fontana, he has sued the Vermilion Parish School Board, and he was the Attorney that represented the victims in the Father Gauthier molestation case in the 80's which he sued the Catholic Church Diocese. If you are looking to go that direction, from what i have heard he is a good person to start with....

disclaimer.... i have to affiliation with him or not suggesting you do anything... just passing on info.

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Grits,
    I'm glad you noted in a More recent post that you had calmed down a little. Thats where your answer is. You still know more details than we do and I would hate to see lives ruined and money wasted if you weren't thinking rationally. I would probably react the same way initially. When this thing does get worked out make sure your daughter knows you love her and that you don't blame her. If she feels you blame her for this, your going to have a bigger problem than the one you thought you had. Mine just turned seventeen and I've had to work to get the hugs and kisses back.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You honestly believe that this lady meant some harm towards his child? I don't think even grits is suggesting that she intended any negative consequences toward his daughter. He's just pissed that she picked her up without their permission.

Your child never had friends? Did you have friends as a child? Did you ever go to a friend's house, gone for a ride in a friend's car, etc? Is there no such thing as a good-natured human being anymore? Do we all just have sinister plans? It's this way of thinking that requires every man, woman, and child be groped and treated like a terrorist everytime we get on a plane.

And if this woman intended to do some harm, why would she immediately call up the parents and let them know she has their kid? I don't think she was being held for ransom.

Whether the woman was right or wrong, the only thing that "doesn't smell right" is this thread as it's gone stale. :D

When I was in high school, we weren't expelled for having .22's in the back of a truck during hunting season. We also never heard of school shootings. The country was getting there quick. That was as early as 1994, but we weren't there quite yet. not as rural as we were.

Today we are in a different world. We hear more about harm to children than we did. Or at least I think so. What happened when we were young doesn't today. Our society has changed. CASA rep kills child? Really, would this surprise us if it was on the news?

I agree with you. It's an awful way of thinking. But I also think the more it's out there in our media, the more it occurs. We have a vicious circle of violence. Thirty, forty or fifty years ago we didn't constantly hear about the dirtier side of humanity. Pregnancy was barely talked about, much less rape and child molestation. Of course if parents hear about it more, we worry about it more.

But regardless how society thinks, you can't expect a parent to turn off those emotions just because our entire community may be flawed into believing everybody may be a criminal. Besides, it sounds like there was more to it than the OP. Such as the fact the woman blew them off and continued about her business for nearly an hour.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    CASA rep kills child? Really, would this surprise us if it was on the news?

Not in the least. It would outrage me, but not surprise me.

Just as I am outraged but not surprised that sex offenders may work for the TSA and perform gate rape for pay, ten years after their conviction.

As always, the innocent must pay and be put at risk, that the guilty not have their feelings and "self esteem" bruised. Bah!

Top Bottom