Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    If it's just a band issue I'm sure I can fix it. I have a ton of watch springbars and all of the necessary tools. Or there is a guy in Zachary who is fabulous. On main street.

my absolute favorite watch of all time is at home- was a bulova signature custom that my folks had made when i graduated. i'll zip pics up later. I never wear it (sentimental reasons) but its too heavy for the band-pins it came with from the factory, and requires a custom fit band. If i could find someone to fix it I'd LOVE to wear it daily, but no one will dare touch it.

It's not a 20,000.00 watch, its 7 or 800 bucks at most but people just wont mess with it. Broke- you know anyone i can take it to??

the accutron is a modern marvel, no doubt. I was impressed with citizens eco-drive when it first released as well, but the bulova is tough to beat.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    uta2u5e2.jpg

My black monster currently on my wrist.

I have another Seiko automatic and 2 Casios. One analog diver on a band that cost three times what the watch did and a G-shock.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Y'all like the Luminox watches? I have been considering getting the Blackout watch they make (with the metal wristband) as a sport watch that can be worn to work with dressier clothes or with jeans and a tshirt. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the 4-600?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    My wife just bought me a G-Shock 6900KG (olive green) for my birthday. It's going to be a nice weekend watch. Other than that I wear a Kenneth Cole watch that is beat to ****. I eventually need to get a new one for work, but I don't know jack about watches.

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    Y'all like the Luminox watches? I have been considering getting the Blackout watch they make (with the metal wristband) as a sport watch that can be worn to work with dressier clothes or with jeans and a tshirt. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth the 4-600?

You should look at Luminox Colormark. Awesome watches

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Do you Bulova owners find your watches go through batteries quick?
    I have a nice dark chrome one, that will kill a battery in 6-8 months. Both times changed by a Bulove dealer (At the boardwalk in Shreveport).
    I quit wearing it because I couldn't rely on it.
    Fine time peice otherwise.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    If I wanted a watch to wear while working in the yard, fishing, swimming, etc. what would you recommend?
    I wear a Rolex, date just, and would like something with the same size face (nothing big).

I like the look of the Lumi Nox (black watch & band) with the dive face.

What model could I get for around $200 or less?
    And who would you suggest buying from in Baton Rouge or the internet?

Thanks

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Do you Bulova owners find your watches go through batteries quick?
    I have a nice dark chrome one, that will kill a battery in 6-8 months. Both times changed by a Bulove dealer (At the boardwalk in Shreveport).
    I quit wearing it because I couldn't rely on it.
    Fine time peice otherwise.

after wearing a citizen ecodrive, all watches die too fast. but no, i cant say that i noticed it.

and 2011 the best watch for yard/play in that price range is the G-shock with 100 bucks in your pocket, imo

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I am not a smart man,nor have I been blessed by good looks, however I lucked into a watch of impeccable quality that is seldom stumbled across.....

one round of .22 LR to whoever can ID it. Be specific.....

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I am not a smart man,nor have I been blessed by good looks, however I lucked into a watch of impeccable quality that is seldom stumbled across.....

DSC03846_zps9d2e8d0a.jpg

one round of .22 LR to whoever can ID it. Be specific.....

It's a Vostok Amphibia. Not sure what the dial markings say. I have a Vostok Amphibia with a KOMANDIRSKI (commander of the Boat) dial. It was in my home in St. Bernard Parish when it flooded in the 2005 Federal Levee Failure. It was under water for about a week . I found it in 6 inches of mud on my bedroom floor. I hosed it off and gave it a few shakes and it's been running ever since.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Correct. Mostly,it is Vostok amphibia, they are given out as atta boys in the Russian military often called " Commisar watches" they usually reflect that persons job in the dial face markings. The person who was presented this watch was a military band leader. It was found in a locker post Katrina and after being rinsed off has never let me down. Owe ya one round .22!!

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Question for those in the know .I don't wear a watch due to circulation in left arm/hand . Does anyone know if a right handed watch exist with a stem pointed outward ? I have been looking in all the wrong places as I haven't seen one anywhere . BTW; I am not looking for a special order or expensive watch . Thanks in advance .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Question for those in the know .I don't wear a watch due to circulation in left arm/hand . Does anyone know if a right handed watch exist with a stem pointed outward ? I have been looking in all the wrong places as I haven't seen one anywhere . BTW; I am not looking for a special order or expensive watch . Thanks in advance .

I think the OP had some of those shown in his post.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS

Which way is outward? There some divers out there with the crown at 9 oclock. There's also some chronographs out there with the crown and buttons at the 12 oclock position, often called a "bullhead". http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-CITIZEN...005&prg=9374&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=181341052999&rt=nc

Top Bottom