wedding band question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    When I got married I got a gold band. It scratched all to hell quickly. Wife got me a titanium band to replace it. I later got another titanium band because I needed a bigger one.
    Do not buy a titanium band or similar from a jewelry store. Get it online for about 1/5 the cost.
    As for the camo scratching off, depends on how you wear it and what you do. I never take mine off.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I'm getting a palladium ring, super strong so I won't destroy it and it is what iron man uses on his arc fusion reactor.
    pZALE1-15501187t400.jpg

I have a Tungsten ring. The jewler said it would not scratch and I put that thing to the test wearing it everyday in a welding shop. 5 years later, it still looks like the day I bought it...... After I clean the gunk out from the two crevices in it! A ring cutter can not cut it(I tried it for shits and giggles). It must be broken off just as an FYI. It cannot be resized, hovever,y my jewler said to just bring it in and they'll give me credit on it.

Please don't wear a ring while welding!

Some people have burnt off a finger when the current finds its way to the ring and it starts arcing across.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    My wife got me a simple 4mm wide platinum band. I used to work full time in a kitchen and needed something that would not get banged out of shape. Platinum scratches pretty easily, and it is currently a very nice satin finish, but is still a perfect circle. If you have the option, get the "comfort" type, the inside edges are rounded a bit.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I have a white gold one also and going on 15 years with no color variation. I am not sure why the jeweler would have told you it would change colors. It is created by mixing pure gold with an alloy to create that color. It is not as if it is dyed or painted. Now, they might have been talking about the rhodium plating needing to be redone but that is more of what makes it looking shiny and new. I have never done anything to mine and while it is scratched it has remained the same color. I could have it polished and a new coat of rhodium plating put on but I am a guy and it will just get beat to hell again because I never take it off.
    How about the one below?

http://www.tungstenworld.com/6mm-8mm-Mens-Camouflage-Wedding-Band-Flat-Tungsten-Carbide/

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    I just looked on ebay seems the camo bands run about $50. I'd just get it and find out.

If you want something that won't scratch at all you can get ceramic for about $20

I have metal allergies (discovered after my wife spent $750 on a ring) so I have a lot of stainless/ceramic/tungsten/wood rings. I find I like ceramic the best. Ceramic is cheap via ebay and wont scratch and I've yet to chip one.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    I'm getting a palladium ring, super strong so I won't destroy it and it is what iron man uses on his arc fusion reactor.

Please don't wear a ring while welding!

Some people have burnt off a finger when the current finds its way to the ring and it starts arcing across.

Good advice. Please understand that if a ring cutter will not cut it then you will probably loose the finger after an accident involving swelling of the digit. The bright side is that the ring can be easily removed after the amputation.

johnjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Not trying to start anything but my white gold band is the same color (a little scratched) 50 yrs. later.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom