Went to Jim's today out of desperation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backdraft440

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    The salesmen at Jim's are absolutely clueless, and not to mention rude! I have dealt with one of there gunsmiths and he was actually a pretty good guy. I would never buy anything from them as the prices are way to high

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Is no one going to refute what I said? Tell me I'm wrong? Or are you all just going to focus on the manner in which I presented it?

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, where do I start with this one…

You could start my telling us how Jim's firearms ass tastes, you should know

First of all to bravo3, CAM_TECH_ARMS, Jub Jub and all of the other keyboard warriors in this thread complaining about prices, service, inconsistent policies… Why don’t you show some testicular fortitude when you are treated poorly and speak the f up. Spend an extra two minutes of your oh-so-precious little lives to speak to one of the managers about your poor experience. How the hell do you expect them to improve if no one has the guts to call them out on the service? Do you honestly think they monitor this joke of a forum looking for customer feedback?

I did talk to a manager, why do you think I ended up not paying for the BS charges. Why say I don't have guts? You weren't there, or you probably were trying to sweet talk someone behind the counter that you must have a crush on or something.

Now about the customer service, I have been to Jim’s multiple, multiple times and have been treated with nothing but complete respect and courtesy. Sure, they employ some part time college kids who are there for a few months and could not give two hoots about the customers as long as they get paid. All of the older guys who were mentioned earlier, as well as the other older gentleman (think his name is sid), provide awesome service and will literally drop their lunch to help you. As far as time, I’ve literally seen people walk straight through the door and interrupt an employee with another customer because they claim “they can’t get any help.” I’ve also witnessed on one Sunday (they are notoriously understaffed on Sundays) a guy walk up to the checkout, waits for about thirty seconds, and then goes get the manager telling him he’s been waiting for twenty minutes. The manager that day (think his name is Jarred) was nothing but kind and professional although this guy was a total douche. So is summary, at least ½ of you guys bitching about service are probably tool bags like the previously mentioned customers.

If you have been to Jims and liked it, then fine by you. Some people have higher standards as to where they choose to shop. If you don't mind getting ripped off, then go right ahead.

As far as prices go, I do agree that they are a bit steep on some fronts; however, like someone else mentioned, this is a small business with an enormous inventory so naturally the overhead is going to be high. They do have great deals on a lot of their custom guns (Wilsons, Ed Browns wayyyyy under msrp) and occasionally put items on sale, I’m talking $899 for $1100 Rock River and $299 for LCPs. If some of you would stop trolling this forum and read this magical invention known as a “newspaper” you would see some of these sales. Also, they often have some stuff in stock that is unavailable anywhere else in the state.
    How can you say they are a small business? They are one of the largest privately owned firearms dealers in the Gulf South. Far from a small business. And if you think 299 is a good price on a LCP, then no wonder you dont mind their prices. Accurate regularly sale prices them at 279. May only be 20 bucks, but thats around 7% less
    Now for jmanrogers, Skinny, and again the cesspool of poorly structured cells known as CAM_TECH_ARMS (I mean seriously dude, were you oxygen deprived in the womb or something?). I have seriously seen more mature behavior on Honda civic forums than what you three people display. Honestly, did you guys just turn 13 or something? You plan on toilet papering Mr. Jim’s car after you bring all of you illegitimate dumpster babies into his store? How do you three even qualify to own a firearm, oh wait, it’s because there is no IQ test. To everyone reading this thread, do you honestly believe these three guys are reputable enough to believe their stories about how they were mistreated, when in fact they are nothing but ill-tempered redneck trash?

You are a doosh for even saying all this.
    Peace!

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Many times over the years the problems with service have been brought to the attention of Jim's managers and to Jim himself. There has been no improvement to date. Voicing your opinion of the topic of discussion on this thread is perfectly acceptable. Insulting the members and calling this forum "a joke" is not. I think i can safely speak for everyone here and ask you to be man enough to insult us directly, FACE to FACE, not while hiding behind your mothers computer.

sigfan556

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    slidell,LA
    That's because they hear, dozens of times a day... "I can get that for $___ less at ______".

Fine... go to _______.

Look, I'm not defending the place, as I have no stake in it nor a dog to protect. But I go in there a few times a month, and it NEVER fails... there is always some nimrod in there wanting a brother-in-law deal, and then getting pissy when they refuse; or an "expert" pontificating on his prowess/collection/whatever while the counter guys struggle to politely listen; or someone wanting some work done to his 1898 Rast-Gasser, and is amazed that they actually want to charge a fee for the work.

I worked part-time (off duty) in a small gunshop in Monroe for over a year. IOW, I have experience on both sides of the counter. Deal with enough tools (and their numbers are legion), and soon you'll be making yourself be polite.

I didn't say it was right... but its real.

+1 on that!!!!

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Ooh, NRA members. I was a NRA member way before I could even buy a gun. Simply Being a member means nothing when it comes to actually supporting the industry

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I've been pretty skeptical but yesterday I bought a SA 1911 from Jims. Deal went great and the price was alright enough for me for the 'now' factor. Just the same, my buddy and I usually deal with Brian if he's available, he's a good guy.

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Many times over the years the problems with service have been brought to the attention of Jim's managers and to Jim himself. There has been no improvement to date. Voicing your opinion of the topic of discussion on this thread is perfectly acceptable. Insulting the members and calling this forum "a joke" is not. I think i can safely speak for everyone here and ask you to be man enough to insult us directly, FACE to FACE, not while hiding behind your mothers computer.

No improvement to date, how are you measuring this. You said yourself that you almost never go into the place. You hear from other cry babies like yourself that the customer service is bad, the old guy is a hater... What you don't here are the hundreds of ordinary customers who have great experiences b/c they are not pompous know-it-all gun gods like some on here pretend to be. In business, there will always be a small percent of customers who can never be pleased. You can lower your prices, up your service, and educate your staff but they will never be happy. That's you my friend, you're part of that small percent. Do you really think the place would have grown, and is probably continuing to grow, if everybody hated the place as much as you. Like someone mentioned earlier, if you don't like it don't go.

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Haha, give me an answer for the other stuff. Cmon man I wanna see what you can make up

Let's see, you said I kiss ass, sweet talk the employees, called me a "dooch," said I have low standards, and quoted one gun that is priced lower at one other store. I don't see how I can possibly refute that brilliant rebuttal.

J87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Well I've said what needed to be said. You either get it or you don't, have a great day everyone

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Let's see, you said I kiss ass, sweet talk the employees, called me a "dooch," said I have low standards, and quoted one gun that is priced lower at one other store. I don't see how I can possibly refute that brilliant rebuttal.

Lol, don't try to sound smart because you don't have an answer. You are a classic internet troll, that on a Saturday like today has absolutely nothing better to do then act like a 15 year old kid on a forum. I didn't call you a "dooch", it was a doosh, as in douchebag. An attention whore, that has some kinda extra special relationship with Jim's Firearms. You sir are a joke, and a 100% puss. You may call us rednecks and whatever else you like, I bet you everything you have that you would not do it to any of our faces. As someone else said, keep sitting behind your moms computer and trying to play your cutesy games.

DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    You have to be the biggest tool that i've ever seen on this forum. I feel so sorry for your mother. You didn't even read my first post on this thread. If you did you'd have understood my point that complaining and being negative isn't fair nor is it accomplishing anything. That it's time to be fair to these businesses and talk to them personally if we are displeased with the service. Or to send them a message by shopping elsewhere. If you read my post you'd know that i have supported Jim's for many, many years since its inception. I support just about every gun store in Louisiana. I spend more on guns and shooting accessories in a month than you make in a two years delivering for Domino's. If you took the time to know me, you little **** ant, you'd know that i'm a very humble all around nice guy and extremely tolerant even to a fault. I rarely complain about anything or anybody and when i finally do you can bet that its justified and i don't just complain like a coward i take action. That was the whole point of my post and that was the first time i've ever said anything negative about Jim's since they first opened back when you were just an abortion that went wrong. You'd also have noticed that i praised Jim and the store. I've owned a successful business here for 22 years. A buisiness that to my knowledge has no complaints from my customers, and believe me I check. No complaints because i follow the number one rule of business "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" even when the customer is wrong "THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT" even when i have to deal with customers like you i treat them like i would treat my best friend.... You are not worth any more of my time. I have a gorgeous blonde to go meet and an LSU game to watch.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'll risk dipping my toe in this cesspool that has become of this thread... I purchased a RRA AR from Jim's about 3 years ago. I honestly do not remember the person who helped me, but it may have been Brian. I called ahead to several local stores, and Jim's had the best price on the model I wanted (lower than RRA list on the web). The guy that helped my was nice, friendly, and VERY helpful. He showed me several models, and after bringing out one from the back that had a problem when he assembled it to show me the entire rifle before purchase, he went back and brought out another one of the same model so I could see it fully functional. I bought the rifle then and there, and I have been satisfied with that purchase.

That being said, I have been there other times looking for particular items, such as a Galco belt. They were selling it for about $30 more than an online price, and they did not have my size. Oh, well. I bought online.

Come on, guys. This is a local store that has a lot of stuff. He's not a bad guy. He may have some counter-jockeys who need to find another profession, but damn, he's not Eric Holder...

Top Bottom