Were your hunters orange fellas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    More than just one life was ruined by negligence of both people involved… where your hunters orange fellas and set a good example for them youngins… I will admit I need to do better hunting in my back yard… this is very sad!! A Christmas Eve that will never be forgotten by 2 family’s here

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    A tragedy for sure but this like most hunting accidents was a case of negligence. As Bolt Head said, always know your target and these things won't happen. If you're not sure, don't pull that trigger. Once the bullet leaves the barrel you can't call it back.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I've never hunted so I'd like to ask... How does someone mistake a human being for a deer or any other animal? If I'm hunting a certain animal I would like to think that I want to see it as clear as possible to get a good shot.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    From the article above, I don't see where it stated that the victim was not wearing hunter orange. This may be true, but the article didn't say. This shooting could have been a accidental discharge. We don't know. or could have been intentional. It has been known to happen. As I said, we don't know based on the article above. It's too soon to form an opinion.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Prayers to the victim's family. Horrible time of the year to lose a loved one. If the photo is a photo of the victim (article doesn't say), he is wearing orange in the photo, so he evidently wears it when hunting, although lack of information in the article leaves us trying to guess what happened or how it happened. NEWS (or lack thereof) is sadly scarce in this article.

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    I've never hunted so I'd like to ask... How does someone mistake a human being for a deer or any other animal? If I'm hunting a certain animal I would like to think that I want to see it as clear as possible to get a good shot.

I have no idea! Been hunting 40 years and never squeezed on anything I dint know exactly what is was. I don’t even know why I’m saying this, I can’t imagine this not being the minimum preparation and precaution before harvesting and animal.

*** I didn’t read the article, don’t want that in my head today.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Sometimes people hunting are so pumped, they make really bad judgements. Or they fall asleep and awake to noise in the woods, leaves rustling or twigs being crushed under feet. Or they think they see a buck or horns in the thick brush 30 or 40 yards away. The bottom line is they fail to properly identify their target before pulling the trigger. Total error on the hunter/shooter. Always wear your orange vest, even on private land as poachers have been known to hunt illegally on leased or private land. I hunted deer for about 5 years and I always felt uneasy still hunting on the ground. Stuff happens sometimes and people die. Up in a tree stand its rather difficult to be mistaken for a deer or pig. Deer are not 12 or 15' up in a tree. Hunting state wildlife management areas without an orange vest and an orange hat.....you're def taking your life in your hands. Not for me I tell you. Sometimes you see fools with firearms at public shooting ranges, muzzle sweep other people, action closed with a round in the chamber when the range is "cold", or in rare instances an AD. Imagine them in the woods hunting hogs, pigs, or deer. In cover.
    Mike @ Bedico Range caught a bullet fragment in the arm or shoulder from one of these walking cluster f**ks with guns.
    Be smart about hunting and firearms.

Trust me, this guy didn't wake up that morning and plan to shoot and kill his hunting buddy. But he did making some really bad choices. Now somebody's family is grieving big time, at Christmas time no less. They will remember and grieve this for many many years going forward.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Searching this event, reading through many of the short articles on it on various sites, we truly have no idea what happened other than the guy was charged with negligent homicide.
    Either way, not being responsible.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I can almost bet the fella shot wasn’t wearing orange.. and the fella who shot him didn’t know what he was shooting at.. that’s just me though.. thick brush or not.. it’s hard to miss a blaze orange vest and hat.. that’s all I’m saying

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Searching this event, reading through many of the short articles on it on various sites, we truly have no idea what happened other than the guy was charged with negligent homicide.
    Exactly. At this point, we don't know the facts. It's hard to form an opinion when you don't have all the facts.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Reported this incident happened near Southern University which is located inside East Baton Rouge Parish where illegal to fire any firearms be you hunting or not.. Parish ordinace(?) ............................................................. drill sgt.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    It's generally a good idea to wear hunter's orange either way, but I 100% agree - this "story" sucks and like most of the crap that they put out is more click-bait than story.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Reported this incident happened near Southern University which is located inside East Baton Rouge Parish where illegal to fire any firearms be you hunting or not.. Parish ordinace(?) ............................................................. drill sgt.
    This^ is not an accurate statement! There are several areas "inside" EBR that are zoned for legal hunting. I would refer you to the online edition of the LDW&F hunting pamphlet.

As for the omitted facts in the article? What's new! These news outlets completely suck when reporting ANY story. It's really pathetic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom