What do you EDC???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Forgot to list my Blistex. Why, cause the ladies don't like faunky chapped looking lips.

Ah ok, well I'm married and she's into dudes so I don't worry about lotion and luscious lips. I'm a heathen and shes ok with my caveman love as long as I shower regularly ;), no manicures or spa dates required. But, hey, it's 2015 so no judgement, whatever ur into I guess.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Ah ok, well I'm married and she's into dudes so I don't worry about lotion and luscious lips. I'm a heathen and shes ok with my caveman love as long as I shower regularly ;), no manicures or spa dates required. But, hey, it's 2015 so no judgement, whatever ur into I guess.

Usually carry some lotion in the car as well. Just because I hate sore hands. I type better with a little lotion. I have been thinking about trying a local massage place out. Not sure what they charge.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I like the Maxpedition Sitka, but thats pretty tiny. I prefer Arcteryx bags; pricey, but tough as nails.

Are you looking for an EDC bag or a bugout bag? I work in the city and carry my bag everywhere. It contains realistic items and doesn't look like I'm on a 3 day hike. Which it's a horrible bag if you plan on doing any hiking. Even 10 lbs in a gearslinger sucks.

You want a good EDC bag that holds a bunch of crap? Then you want a roll top or an open main compartment.

48220_ASHT.fpx

This will be my new EDC bag for the city:

topo_designs_daypack_2_olive_grande.jpg

My Maxpedition Sitka's Molle Webbing and Coyote/Foilage Color gets too many strange looks (I can't complain, though. It was a birthday gift)

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I recently acquired a Vertx Gamut EDC bag and I gotta say "I LOVE IT". Talk about maximizing of space, this bag is incredible! The ENTIRE inner lining is the soft side of Velcro and they sell a number of "add-on" options like a swatch of molle webbing that Velcros anywhere you want it so you can add pouches, holsters, etc... or universal holsters and pouches that simply attach inside wherever you can fit them.

Pricey, but VERY durable and configurable to any and all of your needs. Make the bag how YOU want it!!!

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-main.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v1.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v2.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v3.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v4.jpg

416dU4XzITL.jpg

31YWkQVnuJL.jpg

Last edited:

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA
    Are you looking for an EDC bag or a bugout bag? I work in the city and carry my bag everywhere. It contains realistic items and doesn't look like I'm on a 3 day hike. Which it's a horrible bag if you plan on doing any hiking. Even 10 lbs in a gearslinger sucks.

You want a good EDC bag that holds a bunch of crap? Then you want a roll top or an open main compartment.

48220_ASHT.fpx

This will be my new EDC bag for the city:

topo_designs_daypack_2_olive_grande.jpg

My Maxpedition Sitka's Molle Webbing and Coyote/Foilage Color gets too many strange looks (I can't complain, though. It was a birthday gift)

I like that second Topo bag. Classy looking also. I'll be carrying this everywhere 24/7. Especially with work. I keep a seperate bag in my vehicle, but this will always be on me.

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    I recently acquired a Vertx Gamut EDC bag and I gotta say "I LOVE IT". Talk about maximizing of space, this bag is incredible! The ENTIRE inner lining is the soft side of Velcro and they sell a number of "add-on" options like a swatch of molle webbing that Velcros anywhere you want it so you can add pouches, holsters, etc... or universal holsters and pouches that simply attach inside wherever you can fit them.

Pricey, but VERY durable and configurable to any and all of your needs. Make the bag how YOU want it!!!

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-main.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v1.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v2.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v3.jpg

opplanet-vertx-edc-gamut-18-hour-backpack-black-vtx5015bk-v4.jpg

416dU4XzITL.jpg

31YWkQVnuJL.jpg

I like the idea behind this... and the customization ability.

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    I carry the essentials on me everywhere I go: wallet, keys, weapon, identification, etc. Recently, I found myself stranded in the middle of nowhere at night, outside of cell service, and realized having a bag with me with the extras would have made the experience, or any future experience, much easier.

Now, I'm aiming at having a small bag 24/7 with food, water, extra clothes, and other stuff in case I ever need it. I also packed a bag I threw in the trunk of my car with flares, antifreeze, small tool kit, radio, and some other odds and ends like fuses, duct tape, and a flashlight.

I learned my lesson. The Maxpedition is my entry into enhancing my EDC.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Gun. Wallet. AAA Card. Iphone. Can't imagine too many likely scenarios that this combo doesn't fix. I used to haul a bunch of crap around, now I'm in the camp of "Less is more".

Re: Handcuff Key - you coming out of cuffs unexpectedly might be more dangerous for you than me. just something to consider.

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Gun. Wallet. AAA Card. Iphone. Can't imagine too many likely scenarios that this combo doesn't fix. I used to haul a bunch of crap around, now I'm in the camp of "Less is more".

Re: Handcuff Key - you coming out of cuffs unexpectedly might be more dangerous for you than me. just something to consider.

You guys are killing me with the handcuff key remarks. If you know me well, then you know my line of work. Handcuff key is warranted. It is difficult to be a member of an online forum, and maintain your confidentiality and privacy. I do my best not to broadcast to the world where I work, the type of work I am involved with, my background, etc. I am naturally a private person. The trade-off is more than worth it on Bayou Shooter though. But thank you for the warning madwabbit. If I ever find myself with you on my back humping me and cuffing me, I'll remember this :)

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

http://www.vanquest.com/products/trident-20-backpack.html

770120_trident20_17fg_nwm.jpg

770120_trident20_08fg_nwm.jpg

770120_trident20_02fg_nwm.jpg

Reminds me of my vanquest bag without the molle attachments. I understand the whole idea of the attention thing but black on black molle I don't think anyone is looking at my bag that hard.

EDC
    G 19
    Spare mag
    spyderco endure 4 wave
    couple pens+note pad
    eton 2000 mah battery pack+phone cable
    super tanker lighter from cabelas
    2 leatherman multi tools
    few yards of paracord (not on a braclet)
    beanie cap
    small med kit+ointment
    Inova flashlight

I carry my chapstick too! It doubles to slip cuffs! lol

Also this was somthing I stumbbled upon for all of those tacticool operators out there :)
    http://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/MOLLE-Seat-Back-Panel-p/21msb12.htm
    http://www.zulunylongear.com/visor.html

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You guys are killing me with the handcuff key remarks. If you know me well, then you know my line of work. Handcuff key is warranted. It is difficult to be a member of an online forum, and maintain your confidentiality and privacy. I do my best not to broadcast to the world where I work, the type of work I am involved with, my background, etc. I am naturally a private person. The trade-off is more than worth it on Bayou Shooter though. But thank you for the warning madwabbit. If I ever find myself with you on my back humping me and cuffing me, I'll remember this :)

Ok, since you surrounded yourself with mystery, are you a commissioned LEO with a local or Govt agency?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom