What good can a handgun do against an army

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    ***wipes brow*** just read the whole thing.

Very well done.

... the overwhelming plethora of incredible truth revealed in the article is quite refreshing.

HEAR! HEAR!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It was good up until the wolf sheep sheepdog nonsense.
    I disagree with it and don't like it, but some old timers are stuck with it. I just let them go with it and nod along, pick up the conversation after they're past it, or just skim past it, like this article, and continue.

I know too many SME's who still parrot that bit to just use it as a sign to discredit or not believe someone. There are some smart and experienced guys out there who believe or retell the Sheep/Sheepdog/Wolf analogy and there are some smart and experienced guys who abhor it. I find it's mostly an age thing, more often than not. I give it a pass if the writer/orator is over a certain age.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well back in 2008 when he wrote it they weren't selling the 'SheepDog' T-shirts just quite yet so it wasn't so fashionable to talk about :mamoru:

Well I give him points for being ahead of the curve, but I think the idea of people as sheepdogs is ******** too. I think the only reason any of that is around or accepted is because it lets one group think of themselves as the valient heroes, the other as the villian, and the other as a mass beneath them. Even by the nature of the analogy, I doubt half of the people who believe themselves to be sheepdogs would be one in a time they could.

Last edited:

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    While a good read, tactics have greatly changed. I think more along the lines or resistance from Terminator is in order.

I mean, drones will never strike on citizens.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well I give him points for being ahead of the curve, but I think the idea of people as sheepdogs is ******** too. I think the only reason any of that is around or accepted is because it lets one group think of themselves as the valient heroes, the other as the villian, and the other as a mass beneath them. Even by the nature of the analogy, I doubt half of the people who believe themselves to be sheepdogs would be one in a time they could.

Well Jack, you're not known for your optimism so it's no suprise ;)

Top Bottom