What If...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    What does one do if your EV runs out of juice on the road? Call a sliding bed tow truck and get towed to a Supercharger?
    That will be a nice way to blow $200 +. And be late for work or an appointment.

How will the millions of people in the US who live in apartment buildings charge their EV? Like NYC or Boston, or NJ where many park on the street. Add a stop in the morning for 20 to 45 minutes to re-charge? Sounds like fun.

How will California who was threatening rolling blackouts from the high temps/summer heat/AC usage have people charging their EV when at home? Gov Newsome even told them 5 weeks ago "Do not charge your car between 1600 and 2100". Imagine if just 20% of Cali drivers owned EVs and relied upon them for daily transportation instead of ICE, today.
    Yup, I see it coming full circle actually. The early adopters of the EV's (who arent the nutty green types) getting aggrivated when the Supercharger network is packed with other manufacturers EV's or throttled, and they sell them and buy gas again, lol

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    You are totally right. I also know exactly zero gas stations with back up power, or a transfer switch for external power thats isolated to run Gilbarco computers, and pumps only. Ideas and practical use are two diff things.
    After Ida there was a brothers gas station in Harvey that was the only place in that whole area that had power.. I just assumed they had a generator.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    We are supposedly getting a few Tesla police units. I’d love to be assigned one to test out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Some of the biggest wind mills in the world are on Maui's E-SE coast, where they get hurricanes pretty regularly. They just lock the blades.

Large Wind mills are still crap, terrible for ecology during use and disposal.

Wave powered electric generators are the best, which is why we dont have them in the US on any scale...just like Diesel-Electric hybrids are the best power/efficiency machines in the world and we cant get them in the US unless it's for large corporate companies. Be damned if you can get a D/E car for your family.

Jeep made a D/E Renegade hybrid 10+yrs ago that real world tested at 110mpg, not allowed to bring it to market.

You can make diesel at home, under your car port, or even get disel engines to run on veggie oil.

Oligarchs don't want us to thrive, bad for low wage employment. They dont care about us, just about how they can use us and take/make money/power.

They have to keep the American spirit pinned down, as they try to murder it, because if it gets set free they'll never contain it again.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    We are supposedly getting a few Tesla police units. I’d love to be assigned one to test out.

Heck yea I’d love one to if I didn’t have to pay for it or pay for maintenance or battery repair lol!!! Don’t think teslas are designed to sit with ac and dark windows for hours!!! What they gonna do when they get the cost to change the batterys lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Heck yea I’d love one to if I didn’t have to pay for it or pay for maintenance or battery repair lol!!! Don’t think teslas are designed to sit with ac and dark windows for hours!!! What they gonna do when they get the cost to change the batterys lol

If I had to guess, they are going to be leased directly from Tesla. And if the AC can’t run sitting I guess I’ll have to get windows tinted darker

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Batteries have a 8yr 100,000 mile warranty federally mandated of all new EV's. If it goes below 70% of original ability they must replace it. And its really rare to ever replace a battery. Internet rumors abound.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Weird… I have never seen one video of people giving them an attaboy for them fixing the car because they are fed. Required to.. lol… but there are 100’s of vids of dead cells and battery bank replacements costing $20k+…. But you right…. Just like every car you buy now has 100k mile warranty… good luck getting them to fix it… and no elect car has been put to the test and harsh use like LE do… they have been know to kill very reputable make/cars untill they are upgraded and outfitted to there special needs

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The lowest price new Tesla starts at $65,000 plus taxes, and go up from there. You buy it on line as Tesla dealers or showrooms are non-existent. Any services or warranty work are provided by local contracted shops. Some owners have been waiting months for replacement parts. Not all but some.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The lowest price new Tesla starts at $65,000 plus taxes, and go up from there. You buy it on line as Tesla dealers or showrooms are non-existent. Any services or warranty work are provided by local contracted shops. Some owners have been waiting months for replacement parts. Not all but some.
    cheapest Tesla in China is $47k, cheapest in Dubai is $50k, wonder why ours are so expensive...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    cheapest Tesla in China is $47k, cheapest in Dubai is $50k, wonder why ours are so expensive...
    “ LETS GO BRANDON”? just a thought lol

Maybe another reason why 401(k)s are down 25% and inflation is a 15% or more housing interest rates are up to 8%… but don’t worry government aid has had an increase because of inflation

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Solid state wind energy transformer. As I understand it, it lets wind blow negative ions off a grid leaving a surplus of positive charge molecules behind. No guarantee that I fully understand it though, lol.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Not sure if it's still there or not, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but there was a Tesla showroom/dealer in the Easton Town Center in Columbus, OH a few years ago. They actually had a showroom with cars on display, and for sale.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Not sure if it's still there or not, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but there was a Tesla showroom/dealer in the Easton Town Center in Columbus, OH a few years ago. They actually had a showroom with cars on display, and for sale.
    Still there. https://eastontowncenter.com/tenant/tesla-motors/

I should have searched before making my goofy blanket statement above. About 20 showrooms in the US. Closest to us is in Houston. 6 in TX alone. Got a bunch in the NE, like in NY and NJ.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

article quote → "Tesla sells record high number of China-made vehicles in June. Tesla in June achieved its highest monthly sales of China-made vehicles since opening its Shanghai plant in 2019, as the U.S. carmaker ramped up output."

Much cheaper labor in China a major factor no doubt. All teslas sold in north america are assembled in Fremont CA.

I bet tesla sold in Dubai are assembled in China. Cheap chinese labor.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    A new Model 3 is $40,390. They are direct to consumer, correct. There are no "local contracted shops" There are Tesla Service centers owned by Tesla only. The exception is heavy body work goes to certified body shops. Franks in Slidell, and Mercedes of New Orleans in Metairie. Where do you get this stuff ?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    They can't setup a store front in Louisiana and I think in other states because it's not a dealership/salesman setup. Won't allow them to sell directly.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BBA
    Top Bottom