What is your favorite CCW?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Also dont knock down the Polymer Bersa, Rob Pincus with ICE Training did some extensive testing on it and he recommended it for CC as a "small 9mm that packs a good package", I havent had a chance to shoot one but if she is anything like the Shield I will be buying one in the near future as another option for my female students who need a "purse" gun that doesnt break the bank and its "reliable and light"

Black Zulu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    If your hands aren't too big. Kimber solo. I like 9mm cause i can handle it better in small framed hanguns. The trigger takes some getting use to, but very easy to cconceal. Inside of sports coat jacket is very concealable. Hard to find handgun and expensive, but nice. Belly band, 511 undershirt holster, ankle holster, are all workable.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have two currently.

Colt Cobra 1955.

HK P7PSP.

I use the PSP b/c my son at four just isn't strong enough to squeeze the grip to cock the striker if somehow I screwed up and he got a hold of it. It's just a fourth layer of security for me.

Dave

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    I narrowed my search/buy down today.

I had a Kimber SOLO once when they first came out and after 75rds or so, the slide locking lugs experienced some peening. Kimber had a problem with this, so I sold it.

I was able to get my hands on a M&P Shield 9mm 2 days ago, and it looked and felt really nice. It was a customers and he allowed me to look at the pistol. Searched all over and none instock.

I had a chance to buy a Springfield XDS 45 yesterday from a local gun store, but the pistol is not much smaller than a Colt New Agent/Defender in .45 cal. Springfield also designed the frame with this square checkered raised pattern that does not feel comfortable in any fashion.

I really wanted something that would be easy to conceal and in a .9mm cal. So, I went with the Ruger LC9 (no laser) and I picked up a VersaCarry GenII IWB Holster. Now I have to take it to the range! :)

Thanks again for the input guys!

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Been carrying this for about a year; never had any problems.

2tvqnpumejak7rb43bb3.jpg

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Kahr MK9 9mm - 3" barrel, .09 inch thick, accurate, reliable, and extremely concealable

Last edited:

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Favorite CCW : Glock 19

My thoughts on the M&P Shield and XDs is that they look like good pistols, though I personally have no real use for them.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Just picked up khar cm9 ( the cheaper version of the pm9) I am very pleased with it..used ones can be scooped up for 300-350 buks

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I realize that the LCP is probably one of the leading sellers in CCW, but I'm a BIG guy with BIG hands, and some of the smaller frame .380 and 9mm pistols are just too small for my hands. I would like to able to hold on to the pistol comfortably and not chance it.

I have very large hands and find the Sig P238 to fit comfortably in my hand with the pinky extensions. It's a joy to shoot as well and I haven't had a jam yet. Fits very comfortably in my back pocket in a wallet holster :) When I can't carry my G19 I've got my P238 on me.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Bosco, I gave serious thought to the Sig P238 as it was a really nice pistol. A little small for me, but I could manage. Now Sig has come out with the P938 in 9mm. I haven't seen it in person but it is close to the Sig P290, just smaller.

I have very large hands and find the Sig P238 to fit comfortably in my hand with the pinky extensions. It's a joy to shoot as well and I haven't had a jam yet. Fits very comfortably in my back pocket in a wallet holster :) When I can't carry my G19 I've got my P238 on me.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    G19 in a tucker iwb or pf9 with picket clip in auditors Blackhawk nylon iwb (removed belt clip) depending on dress

Very rarely, I carry my Taurus 627 titanium (7 shot 4" bbl revolver). I load 3 rounds of rat shot and 4 rounded of SD in it. This is for when an animal may be more likely to be the aggressor than a human.

Top Bottom